V-max .vs. Falcon-X .vs. Syma 3 S107?

thinking about buying one of these 3...

V-max
http://www.xheli.com/6020-vmaxheli-yellow.html

Falcon X
http://www.xheli.com/777-112-falconx-yellow.html

Syma 3 S107
http://www.xheli.com/newsy3chs1mi.html

Does anyone have experience (good/bad) on either?

Does it have good forward flight?
Does anyone know if the Syma 3 has gyro?

thanks in advance

7immy is offline Find More Posts by 7immy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2010, 02:41 PM
Arizona USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,030 Posts
My 2 cents is get a Blade mcx instead. 3 channel helicopters aren't full function, and to me the coolest thing about a helicopter is the ability to go any direction. Not being able to hover side to side would just take away from the overall experience.

As for those heli's you picked out, I would say you wont see any significant difference between the 3. I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 are made by Syma actually... I could be wrong here though. My only real concern with these heli's is that they work with IR controls, and IR controls have TERRIBLE range and you have to make sure your control is pointed exactly at the heli or it loses signal. So I would go for at least 72mhz or best would be 2.4ghz.

That price is hard to beat tho... But its more toy quality than hobby grade. So if your intentions are to get an entry level helicopter to get you into helicopters, I would urge you get a blade mcx. If you just want to play around, those you picked will get the job done.

If you are looking for more advice, post more what you are looking to do and people can probably steer you in the best direction.

James
helivsFMX is offline Find More Posts by helivsFMX
Old Apr 07, 2010, 07:02 PM
Joined Mar 2010
96 Posts
The s107 seems to be the best 3CH mini coaxial heli now.
hallucynogenyc is offline Find More Posts by hallucynogenyc
Old Jun 02, 2010, 09:22 PM
China
Joined Jan 2010
32 Posts
i think syma s107 and v-max is better than Falcon X ,because i have used this three model so many times . not only the look ,but also the function ,S107 is better .
flyingmodel is offline Find More Posts by flyingmodel
Old Jun 04, 2010, 09:31 AM
Joined Jun 2010
5 Posts
S107 is the way to go. I have had a few and found they are much more responsive than others on the market. The downside is most are getting shipped from Hong Kong/Asia and although they are a $20 heli, it costs almost as much in shipping. Anyone found a cheaper method to get these?
FCRC is offline Find More Posts by FCRC
Old Jun 08, 2010, 07:37 PM
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Joined Jun 2010
16 Posts
Hey! Nubie here!

I just bought a 107 from Glorious Mall for $28.18 ($17.99 + shipping). It's coming from Hong Kong, so no tellin' when I'll get it.

I cut my teeth on Brookstone's Silver Bullet...we'll see where this 107 takes me.

This a lot cheaper than the Cessna 172 I've been flying.
DesignoSLK is offline Find More Posts by DesignoSLK
Old Jun 18, 2010, 12:52 PM
RTF only for now!!!
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Mar 2007
332 Posts
I have the Syma S107, and it has a very good gyro and is an overall outstanding heli, although it is not true hobby class.

I have never had a range problem with the IR indoors, even flying around a large room. I don't make any extra effort to keep the tx pointed directly at the heli. I have even flown it briefly while "around the corner" because IR bounces around quite a bit indoors.

It did drop the connection once while flying outdoors (not something I do often), I was a little too far away. Fortunately it was over grass.

Mine was $28 and change shipped from OKHobby, but it did take along time. For about $10-20 more you can get the Helizone Firebird. See recent RCGroups review.

Greg
Greg_Vincent is offline Find More Posts by Greg_Vincent
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:16 PM
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Apr 2009
3 Posts
I just got my Syma S107 from http://www.xheli.com/newsy3chs1mi.html and its a lot of fun learning three dimensional controls. Its about 1 ounce and of metal construction which is really cool. The gyro works great. I plug the heli into my laptop to charge. Its a $30 heli and well worth it. Can't wait until someone makes a 2-3 ounce 3D heli.
mkrogul is offline Find More Posts by mkrogul
Old Aug 28, 2010, 01:30 AM
Germany
Joined Dec 2004
82 Posts
Amazon has them in stock stateside. I got an s107 for 29.95 free shipping. Prime customers can get free 2day shipping and $3.99 next day shipping. Found it to be best deal.
Elhungarian is offline Find More Posts by Elhungarian
Old Nov 21, 2010, 06:51 PM
Joined Nov 2010
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrogul View Post
I just got my Syma S107 from http://www.xheli.com/newsy3chs1mi.html and its a lot of fun learning three dimensional controls. Its about 1 ounce and of metal construction which is really cool. The gyro works great. I plug the heli into my laptop to charge. Its a $30 heli and well worth it. Can't wait until someone makes a 2-3 ounce 3D heli.
I agree. I got my first heli 2 weeks ago - a S107. Then I got a 2nd one a few days later. These things are perfect to learn on. They are easy to fly and can be crashed without damage if you just let off the throttle when it is about to crash. I have crashed both dozens of times and my wife has crashed them too.

Once you get pretty good with the S107, then you might want to think about a Blade mCX2 4 channel heli. It is the same size as the S107, can fly in 3 directions and is very crash worthy too. I got one 2 days ago and it is as easy to fly as the S107, but it costs 4 times as much, so get the crashing out of the way with the S107.
TheOldFart is offline Find More Posts by TheOldFart
Old Nov 25, 2010, 09:20 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2 Posts
Blades and canopy of v-max on syma s107 ?

Does anyone knows if blades and canopy (2 lateral leds) of V-MAX are
good to be installed on SYMA S107 ?
I will like to see my SYMA S107 with 2 warm white leds on each side like
the V-MAX. Any ideas to suggest me ?
Thanks FABIO
FABIOBE59 is offline Find More Posts by FABIOBE59
Old Dec 10, 2010, 06:53 AM
Australia
Joined Nov 2010
36 Posts
Im not to sure about putting the blades and the canopy onto the Syma S107 but you may try to solder another led light onto it
scoutfrenzy is offline Find More Posts by scoutfrenzy
Last edited by scoutfrenzy; Jan 10, 2011 at 05:44 AM.
Old Apr 07, 2011, 04:11 PM
Joined Apr 2011
2 Posts
I havent flown very many helis yet but i have checked out the S107 and i like it. Ive been looking for good sites so i can upgrade/get parts and I like www.rcfyzone.com personally they have the best prices and the Flight For Life Warranty Program wins it over for me.
irishace is offline Find More Posts by irishace