SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 28, 2009, 08:47 PM
Joined Sep 2009
38 Posts
Discussion
Settings for a DX6i for a Skyartec Wasp 3

Anyone using a Skyartec Wasp 3 with a DX6i & AR6000? What are your setting?

Check this Skyartec Wasp 3 with a DX6i:
Wasp V3 with Spektrum DX6i first test (0 min 50 sec)

Thanks,
Ron
rhong is offline Find More Posts by rhong
Last edited by rhong; Dec 28, 2009 at 11:22 PM. Reason: found the answer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2010, 04:39 PM
United States, NY, Putnam
Joined Jul 2007
98 Posts
i'm interested in this as well - i can't get the motor to come on! is there a particular order to plug the motor wires into the esc? the motor wires are red, blue, yellow, but the esc has no such designation!
morgusmax is offline Find More Posts by morgusmax
Old Jun 15, 2010, 11:24 PM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgusmax View Post
i'm interested in this as well - i can't get the motor to come on! is there a particular order to plug the motor wires into the esc? the motor wires are red, blue, yellow, but the esc has no such designation!
You have to reset the ESC for the Throttle end points. Also the motor wires do have a correct order to plug into the ESC

Try these:

Blue to A on ESC
Red to C on ESC
Yellow to B on ESC

To reset the ESC for the Throttle of your new receiver:
Connect your channel 3 of the receiver to the plug on the ESC
With the throttle at lowest setting plug in the battery to the ESC

The ESC should beep and then play a short tune; if the ESC beeps
contentiously for longer then 30 seconds follow the instructions below.

Sometimes when connecting a new ESC to a receiver,
we must reset the ESC so it knows the top end and bottom end
of the throttle control.
These steps are easy.

Leave the throttle trim tab at bottom like you normally use it.

Throttle range setting:
1. Switch on transmitter, move throttle stick to top
2. Connect battery pack to ESC, and wait for about 2 seconds
"Beep-Beep-" tone should be emitted, means throttle range highest point has been correctly confirmed
3. Move throttle stick to the bottom, several "beep-" tones should be emitted, presenting the number of battery cells
A long "Beep-" tone should be emitted, means throttle range lowest point has been correctly confirmed
4. You should be ready to test fly.

Hope this helps

Max
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 21, 2010, 08:59 PM
Joined Jan 2010
29 Posts
Just a few extra things to consider:
- make sure your throttle curve is set to 100% at full stick before doing the above
- similarly, make sure your curve is set to 0% at bottom stick. Also since you're on a DX6i now, beware that if in the future you initialise the heli with throttle hold on, it will spool up when you flick it off if you haven't set your curves to match.
- The ESCs used by the Wasp seem to follow a similar configuration strategy to typical turnigy/other ESCs. After playing a funky tune, the ESCs will rattle out a series of beep codes spaced evenly apart, each sequence of beeps referring to the current setting of that particular configuration (i.e. soft start if it exists, motor timing, etc). While you don't have to care about this, if you ever want to change that configuration, you can access it by raising the throttle as above, waiting for the sequence you're interested in, then dropping the throttle... well, you get the idea. pop online for a list decoding all those beeps.

I use a DX6i with my Wasp v3 and an AR6110e. One of the first changes I made! Do keep a very close eye on the binding that happens with the head though, as the servos center differently and have a much bigger range on a Spektrum radio, compared to Skyartec's. You'll need to remove all the servo arms and reseat them, most likely.

On my radio:

DR:
AILE 0 75% 1 100%
ELEV 0 75% 1 100%
RUDD 0 48% 1 100%

Travel ADJ:
Everything 100% after servo horns adjusted

Gyro:
0: 34.5%
1: 62.0%

Throttle Curve for 7.4v (don't do 3D myself):
L: 0%
2: 70%
3: 75%
4: 85%
H 100%

Pitch curve:
L: 66.5%
2: 78.0%
3: 90.5%
4: 97.0%
5: 100%

Swash mix (this is where I've accomodated for the extra servo travel, allowing for big cyclic but smaller pitch adjustments):
AILE: -106%
ELEV: -84%
PITCH: -73%

Reverse:
THRO: N
ELEV: R
GYRO: N
AILE: N
RUDD: N
PITCH: R

Swash type: CCPM 120 deg

And that's what I use
r00x is offline Find More Posts by r00x
Old Dec 18, 2011, 07:59 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3 Posts
Hi

It's been a while since you posted so this is a bit of a long shot, but did you leave the gain pot on the gyro in the twelve o'clock position?

Dave
dav84 is offline Find More Posts by dav84
Old Dec 20, 2011, 01:21 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav84 View Post
Hi

It's been a while since you posted so this is a bit of a long shot, but did you leave the gain pot on the gyro in the twelve o'clock position?

Dave
I would suggest starting with the Gyro's default settings; once you get the swashplate and linkages setup and do a initial hover, you may need to increase or decrease the Gyro sensitivity.

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 27, 2011, 04:14 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3 Posts
Thanks Max

I have done that, i was just wondering whether it is best to leave the gain pot at its mid point and do all the adjustment via the DX6i or do all the adjustment on the gyro itself.

Thanks

Dave
Old Dec 27, 2011, 09:11 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav84 View Post
Thanks Max

I have done that, i was just wondering whether it is best to leave the gain pot at its mid point and do all the adjustment via the DX6i or do all the adjustment on the gyro itself.

Thanks

Dave
change the gyro settings either place; totally up to you. Either way a little change goes a long way.

Max
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 27, 2011, 04:07 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3 Posts
Thanks for the help, i think i will leave the gyro and change the settings on the tx.

Dave