SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 11, 2010, 09:32 AM
GILL
United States, NJ, Hopatcong
Joined Aug 2005
2,598 Posts
I knew we were kinderd spiets. I don't think that these old bones could take the runs like we used too.
On the Sea Fury, I put that away a few years ago. I'll try to find it. busy this week end with Cabin Fever in York, PA.
I drilled the foot through and put a short drive shaft with a ball coupling in front. Made a aluminum cone to fair the shaft to the coupling. It worked great as all we had was low power brushed motors at the time (about 30-35 years ago). I should get it out repaint and put a brushless motor in. I don't know if I could find the Ken doll again.
GILL RC is offline Find More Posts by GILL RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:39 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,759 Posts
John, you're right. I wouldn't relish kneeling down in those flying shingles, and taking the knocks any more these days---.

Might be fun just one more time though---.
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Jan 11, 2010, 12:15 PM
GILL
United States, NJ, Hopatcong
Joined Aug 2005
2,598 Posts
Yea maybe if we dropped the HP a bit and had a real good bottle of scotch waiting.
GILL RC is offline Find More Posts by GILL RC
Old Jan 11, 2010, 12:52 PM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,598 Posts
der kap-I'll be right behind you in line, just as soon as the arthritis in my knee goes away.
420TEE is offline Find More Posts by 420TEE
Old Jan 11, 2010, 01:48 PM
Raleigh NC
Joined Jul 2008
1,839 Posts
I'v still have a like new small hydro deadstick throttle unit that I took off one of my 8ftrs back in 79.. just keeping it just in case I have some free time and a couple sheets of plywood.... your project is looking great...
tghsmith is offline Find More Posts by tghsmith
Old Jan 20, 2014, 10:59 PM
Joined Jan 2014
1 Posts
Your Hedlund Hydro

I raced the Hedlund B hydro back in the '70s. My boat took a second in Nationals, don't remember the year.
Saw your build log and was very excited to see what you have done. Did you get in in the water and how did it turn out? I built a model racing hydro several years ago and thought about trying to replicate my Hedlund boat. You have done it!
Do you have any updates, pics? Would love to open a dialog with you
Bopxcar is offline Find More Posts by Bopxcar