HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 14, 2012, 08:27 PM
United States, KY, Richmond
Joined May 2012
5 Posts
I am really interested in putting one of these together! I want it to be glow powered, thinking of putting a EVO 120 in it. I have a EVO .52nx in my Escapade that has been great just want to keep motors the same.

Thanks
Brian
Btalderman is offline Find More Posts by Btalderman
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2012, 10:18 AM
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Aug 2006
161 Posts
Mine went out again yesterday, wonderful plane. I'm surprised at how easy it is to take off and fly. Landings are a bit different for me though, I have to remember to leave a bit of throttle on unlike my sailplanes that land with no throttle (or landing gear) On one approach touched down very gently but still very fast and went to give some back pressure on the elevator to hold the tail to the ground, and lifted off again, so I hit the throttle and went around for another attempt, it was an unintended touch and go that looked perfect but in my head I was thinking "this is bad." 2nd attempt went much better.
P Farley is offline Find More Posts by P Farley
Old Jun 14, 2012, 02:02 PM
United States, NC, Rocky Mt
Joined Mar 2009
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btalderman View Post
I am really interested in putting one of these together! I want it to be glow powered, thinking of putting a EVO 120 in it. I have a EVO .52nx in my Escapade that has been great just want to keep motors the same.

Thanks
Brian
Go a DLE20 and never look back. Awesome combination with no glow mess or expense.
afjetmech is online now Find More Posts by afjetmech
Old Aug 13, 2012, 08:26 PM
Airplane Addict
Spartanburg, SC
Joined Jan 2008
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btalderman View Post

Thanks
Brian

A 1.20 Evo would be a hot number in this plane! I'm running a Magnum .91FS. It provides adiquate power but seems kinda slow and bulky, like flying giant ol' Cadillac. Maybe its cause my every-day flier has me spoiled (a 100+mph PZ P-51).
LeeHene is offline Find More Posts by LeeHene
Old Aug 20, 2012, 07:36 AM
Joined Apr 2008
177 Posts
Mine just went down. The gear plate went out again

This was a brand new frame. I did not reinforce it. On the very first landing the gear plate ripped right out.

The plane is a great flyer but the landing gear plate is the worst.
Superem is offline Find More Posts by Superem
Old Sep 05, 2012, 04:05 PM
Pro Bro # 2398
BoonVegas, Indiana
Joined Dec 2005
682 Posts
they are putting a 20cc gasser on this bird on youtube and it looks awesome. im gonna do it !
GassPasser is offline Find More Posts by GassPasser
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:16 PM
United States, NC, Rocky Mt
Joined Mar 2009
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GassPasser View Post
they are putting a 20cc gasser on this bird on youtube and it looks awesome. im gonna do it !
You should! Exactly what I and many others have. Performance is awesome for pennys a flight. Check out the Rev 70 thread on RC Universe. Tons of info there on the DLE 20 install.
afjetmech is online now Find More Posts by afjetmech
Old Sep 06, 2012, 05:22 AM
Pro Bro # 2398
BoonVegas, Indiana
Joined Dec 2005
682 Posts
thanks afjetmech. Done !
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:30 AM
Pro Bro # 2398
BoonVegas, Indiana
Joined Dec 2005
682 Posts
i want one
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:59 PM
Watts is life...
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,861 Posts
It is a shame that the designers are not putting enough "thought" and design into the LG block.

Here's the shortcut to my LG Mods... I have not lost a gear yet...and land on rough grass.

Gear Mod:

Part #1
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=38

Part #2
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=39

Part #3
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=40
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:31 PM
Pro Bro # 2398
BoonVegas, Indiana
Joined Dec 2005
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjetpilot View Post
It is a shame that the designers are not putting enough "thought" and design into the LG block.

Here's the shortcut to my LG Mods... I have not lost a gear yet...and land on rough grass.

Gear Mod:

Part #1
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=38

Part #2
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=39

Part #3
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=40
i wonder if just replacing the stock LG with CF or Plastic LG would give it enough flex to solve the problem ?
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:42 AM
Watts is life...
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GassPasser View Post
i wonder if just replacing the stock LG with CF or Plastic LG would give it enough flex to solve the problem ?
Probably not.... the gear plate is actually 1/4 ply and should be ok for mounting the "gear" too.... the poblem is how the 1/4ply is attched to the air frame. I simply find it amazing how many designs follow the same failed approach. Even though the gear plate is thick, and set into a "tabbed" bulkhead, there is NO mechanical attachments...expect for glue...

My modification creates a hardened, mechanical connection... if the gear gets ripped out, it will due to a brutal landing or a crash
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:44 PM
Chandler, AZ
Joined Nov 2008
544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjetpilot View Post
Probably not.... the gear plate is actually 1/4 ply and should be ok for mounting the "gear" too.... the poblem is how the 1/4ply is attched to the air frame. I simply find it amazing how many designs follow the same failed approach. Even though the gear plate is thick, and set into a "tabbed" bulkhead, there is NO mechanical attachments...expect for glue...

My modification creates a hardened, mechanical connection... if the gear gets ripped out, it will due to a brutal landing or a crash
Your modification works very good!
balistc1000 is offline Find More Posts by balistc1000
Old Sep 15, 2012, 07:33 AM
Pro Bro # 2398
BoonVegas, Indiana
Joined Dec 2005
682 Posts
can someone tell me how to figure Digital Servo Torque i need for the Rev 70 & DLE combo ?
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:14 PM
"Get off the runway!"
United States, TX, Hutto
Joined May 2012
540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by afjetmech View Post
Go a DLE20 and never look back. Awesome combination with no glow mess or expense.
That's what I want to do. Not enough $$$$ at this time...
Da Big_G is offline Find More Posts by Da Big_G