HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2012, 09:34 AM
FRANCE
Joined Sep 2008
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
Very good info and nice work

May be HeliArtist could beta test their products by you guys before marketing the products. I'd say they should at least copy your modification and implement the change into the production line immediately.
Hi all

for your information Heli Artist is not a builder (only brand labelle name), Heli artist = Flying hobby = same owner but not the end builder (manufacturer), They only buy product and put their stamps on it ! .... this is certainly why this system is not well finished and let's say: limit for flying !! - LOL

Let's come back to the main subject and findind some solution :
I got same problem on my bell UH 500 size, mine explosed after 10 flights of 8mn .., so i decided to replace the belt and pulley by "Align elevated tail assembly Torque Tube" recently released by Align = it is working very good and angle is compatible 100%. for the references see the post here and find the right parts : http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1474216

I just cut the pin stick of the short tail boom because the one delivered with Align parts is too long and not very nice if you keep it like this. otherwise it is fitting perfectly.
Bye

++
seb
chasseneige is offline Find More Posts by chasseneige
Last edited by chasseneige; Feb 01, 2012 at 09:42 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:31 PM
Joined Jul 2012
4 Posts
What size tail pully did you use in your mod? If you added one with more teeth wouldn't the bearing assembly be spinning slower thus less vibrations and resistance?
macro820 is offline Find More Posts by macro820
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:06 AM
3D and Scale RC Heli Pilot
Monroe, WA
Joined Jan 2007
836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macro820 View Post
What size tail pully did you use in your mod? If you added one with more teeth wouldn't the bearing assembly be spinning slower thus less vibrations and resistance?
Used the stock size tail pulley.
BlackTitanium is offline Find More Posts by BlackTitanium
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:43 AM
Zip 08857
Joined Jun 2005
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedstrickland View Post
The HA upgrade kits are just a few bucks. I bought seveal for the 450-size helis. I think I paid 5 or 6 bucks. I got mine from Flying-Hobby, but I have also seen them on E-bay. Mine came with two new FRP side-plates, two flanged bearings and a belt pulley. Significant improvement. Big thanks to BT for thinking this thru.......and HA for the f/u....
Is this the upgrade kit?
http://helidirect.com/heliartist-450...et-p-24554.hdx
JookSing is offline Find More Posts by JookSing