HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2009, 09:52 AM
Joined Apr 2001
128 Posts
Discussion
blitzworks Zermatt EC-135 coaxial heli question

I am getting one of these next week (screwed up x-mass shipping) and was wondering if it's a good intro heli? It's from Banana Hobby and is the shorter of two versions they offer.
luv2fly is offline Find More Posts by luv2fly
Last edited by luv2fly; Dec 27, 2009 at 09:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2009, 01:23 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,790 Posts
Too bad you didn't Google this before you bought. The Blitz EC135 is GARBAGE! Banana Hobby is to be AVOIDED, PERIOD! Do a Google search for Banana Hobby and customer service or satisfaction and you will see. Heck, even do a search here and you will see.
My Blitz EC135 flew so bad, it was a disaster waiting to happen. Well, it did happen. It won't head hold worth crap. Rudder control is sluggish, if non-existent. Blade strikes are common.
And when something goes wrong, don't expect Banana Hobby to respond to you anytime soon, if ever.
You should have gone with the Walkera EC135 instead from anybody except BH.
Here's an example:
http://www.helipal.com/walkera-hm-la...l-edition.html
Fly it easy till you get better at it, then when you're ready to fly it more aggressively, turn up the "extent", cut the flybars down by about an inch and shave about 1/2" off the tips of all the blades.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Dec 30, 2009, 09:33 PM
Joined Apr 2001
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
Too bad you didn't Google this before you bought. The Blitz EC135 is GARBAGE! Banana Hobby is to be AVOIDED, PERIOD! Do a Google search for Banana Hobby and customer service or satisfaction and you will see. Heck, even do a search here and you will see.
My Blitz EC135 flew so bad, it was a disaster waiting to happen. Well, it did happen. It won't head hold worth crap. Rudder control is sluggish, if non-existent. Blade strikes are common.
And when something goes wrong, don't expect Banana Hobby to respond to you anytime soon, if ever.
You should have gone with the Walkera EC135 instead from anybody except BH.
Here's an example:
http://www.helipal.com/walkera-hm-la...l-edition.html
Fly it easy till you get better at it, then when you're ready to fly it more aggressively, turn up the "extent", cut the flybars down by about an inch and shave about 1/2" off the tips of all the blades.
My heli from Banana Hobby came in on Tuesday and I've been having a blast with it. Maybe I got lucky with this one? I just started out hovering about a foot off the ground. Today I flew it around in about a ten foot circle trying to stay oriented with the control inputs. The battery only lasts about 8 minutes but I kind of expected that with an electric. So far I have no complaints with the kit or Banana Hobby. My wife bought this for me. She also bought a huge R/C boat for her bosses daughter to give her dad last year and there were no problems with the boat or Banana Hobby concerning that order. I hate to hear you had problems with them.
luv2fly is offline Find More Posts by luv2fly
Old Dec 30, 2009, 09:49 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,790 Posts
I'm glad you are a happy customer. You are few and far. Let's hope that with all the past troubles, Blitz and BH have smartened up and placed more importance upon quality and their customers' needs. Until I hear of more customers like you, my cautions will continue.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Jan 30, 2010, 01:03 PM
Joined Jan 2010
1 Posts
blitz ec135

i have the blitz giant ec 135 and have to say it is my favorite coax yet.. i have walkera ec135 big lama, had problems, blade hit, and body cracks, its still flying but looks like its been in a war... haha... the only downfall so far is battery life... i also have a madhawk 300 which i love to fly,but has many problems, now the latest is the tail rotor quit, its 2 weeks old... i still like it... i have a walkera 59DQ ALSO which looks cool, but when i tried to fire it up out of the box, pulled so far to the left i had to hold it down with my hand, nice chopper, great parts but needs some trimming... i am trying to send it back to be adjusted... i would recomend the blitz giant lama for anybody, its huge, very detailed , flies great, for $179 from banana hobby, you really cant beat it, pick up an extra battery for $20 and your good...
mikeymix is offline Find More Posts by mikeymix