SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:01 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,763 Posts
Yeah, semi scale at best but are the right sized for me...just like these Kyoshos. Those FF does hand wind amazingly well...better than my 55" planes. I just wished Kyosho would be as prolific as JPower with their new planes.
dude_109 is offline Find More Posts by dude_109
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:50 PM
We can trim it out
USA, CA, Santa Monica
Joined Jul 2010
88 Posts
Dusk flight Me 109

Just a short one before i couldn't make out the silhouette. Fun! Thank you camera chica, but i am no professional hahaha.
Kyosho Dusk Me 109 Flight (2 min 56 sec)
Chubbum is offline Find More Posts by Chubbum
Old Sep 30, 2013, 08:16 AM
Switzerland
Joined Oct 2010
58 Posts
sorry to bump this thread... but i searched the forums and couldn't find anything about this...

my servo horn on my airium f4-u broke. i have servo horns for 5g servos and up laying around but noticed the kyosho ks-21 servo has a different rim (or what you call it) than any of mine i have.
does somebody know if they are compatible with other brands?
munzli is offline Find More Posts by munzli
Old Sep 30, 2013, 03:22 PM
Norway
Joined Dec 2007
1,531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by munzli View Post
my servo horn on my airium f4-u broke. i have servo horns for 5g servos and up laying around but noticed the kyosho ks-21 servo has a different rim
Replace servo, if it's the aileron servo use a slightly bigger one (6g) in my F-4U.
If it's rudder or elevator a 4g will do.

When it comes to these small "micro"servos I buy bulk 10pcs $4-5 each.
FLOEY is offline Find More Posts by FLOEY
Old Mar 08, 2014, 05:54 PM
edi
Triplane addict
Elstertrebnitz, Germany
Joined Aug 2004
1,720 Posts
I got a Kyosho Airium Zero the day before yesterday and flew her a few times yesterday and today. While she is a nice flyer I do have a few issues, so IŽd just like to mention my mileage. I fly her with out the LG (no chance of taking off or landing on the rough grass we have in our club), w.o. the drop tank.

- I couldnŽt fit in the receiver (Jeti) as shown - I would have to put in among the motor wiring and next to the ESC which gets potentially hot, so I put it into the cockpit near the CG.
- The plane is considerably heavier than mentioned (about 1.5 oz).
- I had to put in an additional half an ounce of nose weight to get her halfway flyable. I will have to put in an other .25 oz, I guess.

The additional weight is no problem at all when flying her with a 2s 480mAh. Lots of authority on take-off (hand launch), looking very nice in the air and pretty well-behaved. Today the canopy came off in mid-air - no idea how, it is secured with two magnets and I have additionally put on two strips of tape. Since I lead the antenna through the canopy, this put her into a spin and I cracked the nice 3-blade prop. There is a spare prop in the kit, but I guess IŽll put on a 2-blade prop for those belly landings. Regarding my CG issues and the fact that the foam spinner already looks pretty battered, Kyosho could have considered to put on an aluminum spinner.

But all in all, a nice relaxing plane anybody with some aileron experience should be able to handle. I had been worried because on youtube I had mainly seen bad flight with crappy landings, but there was no need to worry.
edi is offline Find More Posts by edi
Old Mar 09, 2014, 06:49 AM
Norway
Joined Dec 2007
1,531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edi View Post
I got a Kyosho Airium Zero
- The plane is considerably heavier than mentioned (about 1.5 oz).
- I had to put in an additional half an ounce of nose weight to get her halfway flyable. I will have to put in an other .25 oz, I guess.
The Kyosho AF400 BL motor (26g) and 10A ESC (20g) are (in my view) too heavy for this plane I've replaced both. Motor used Turnigy 2204 (19g) and
Hobby Wing 12A ESC (10g) saved 17g.

I'm using a Wfly 4g RX the stock RX was 10g.

Quote:
The additional weight is no problem at all when flying her with a 2s 480mAh.
I'm flying it with a 2 blade 8x4SF prop and 3S 450mah battery to get true
fighter performance.

Quote:
this put her into a spin and I cracked the nice 3-blade prop.
The 3 blade prop is mostly for display ... use a 2 blade for flying.
As spinner I use a GWS rubber spinner no dents.

Alu spinner too heavy.

All up weight around 235g and then it's flying like a Zero!
The Zero was a extreeme light weight fighter and very manouverable.

Stock 265g it would be too heavy and fly like a brick. It's wingspan is 55mm
too short compared to fuselage length.

Full scale length 9060mm / 534 (model length) = ~ Scale 1:17
Full scale wingspan 12000mm / 17 = 705mm

Link to Kyosho Zero
http://kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/de...duct_id=108189

Link to Wikipedi Zero A6M
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_A6M_Zero

Still it's a very nice model even if it's not realy scale. Mine flies like a dream

But there are those who stuggle with it since it's stock setup and recomendations from Kyosho are not optimal. The is a exactly similar
model on the market labeled Tex sold by Nitroplanes.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...&highlight=tex
FLOEY is offline Find More Posts by FLOEY