SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by moparmyway, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 03, 2010, 04:05 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,872 Posts
moparmyway,

I think The kid's younger brother was on the cover of AMA's magazine....was that 2 months ago or so?

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2010, 05:28 PM
The Kid
Detroit, MI
Joined Dec 2007
2,587 Posts
I believe it was two monthes ago, the NATS issue. One of my christmas presents this year was an autographed copy of that magazine. Sure, its worth maybe $.50 at a swap shop, but it has ALL kinds of sentimental value. Im very honored to have my own copy.

And Mopar, I did not, and could not, ever let him win. I am VERY glad he got the monkey off his back in beating me. But I have my own competitive streak, and theres no way I would ever give up a victory, even to my kid brother, lol. He earned it fair and square. Also, it should be noted that he placed SECOND to me in all the classes that I beat him in, and I only won by a small margin. About 200 points in a contest that usually is around 4000 points, so thats only a .05% difference! Very small! He beat me by a similar margin (~160 points I believe).

Its always great, as Mopar knows in his speed contests to have close competition. Especially when its people that you genuinely wouldn't mind losing to. This is very much the case for me and him

Later,
Kid
Thekid3418 is offline Find More Posts by Thekid3418
Old Jan 04, 2010, 10:15 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
5,000 Posts
Kid,
When you get tired of that 1115/3D, You MUST try the MEGA 16/35/2. It beats your motor by close to 1000 RPM's at just about 150 watts savings prop vs prop. Has just about 0.04 ohms less resistance as well.

I gotta tell you also, my GO TO has changed from the NEU 1115/2.5D to the MEGA 16/30/2. It outperforms the NEU prop vs prop on 5s and also on 3s. I MUST assume the 4s setups would also do the same, and will find out when this frigid weather breaks.

I think you had better bring your Stryker with you, you will DEFINATELY want to get some side by side flying done alongside some of my more creative Strykers !!

Hey Gryphon,
we are both @ 971 posts !!!
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old Jan 08, 2010, 03:17 PM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
5,000 Posts
MAN..............this cold weather stinks !!!!!!!!
I have some new setups that need flying, and cant get myself to plant any heavies on frozen thick grass. It is super lumpy, and ripped off the nose of my "go to" Stryker, so there is NO WAY I will try something heavier !!!

I have some surprises in store for ALOT of Dudes this spring, and Gary from Custom RC Parts is telling me his mounts should be ready to ship within a week or 2 at the latest !! So all of you Stryker fanatics on his waiting list, expect to hear something real soon !!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 09, 2010, 07:40 AM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekid3418 View Post
Nope, not even close to big power yet on this guy. More around 60-70amps so far. We'll see what happens with it as the power levels go up! I have some bigger props to try, and the Medusa is begging for more!

I'll definately be keeping you in the loop mopar. If things go wrong, I do have my nice little tick-tack that i received in the mail not too long ago.

Kid
I am VERY curious to see what happens is your testing @ amperages above 90/95.

The HV line is opto isolated and their new HV160 is DUAL opto isolated, so the HV160 might also be of use to you if the setups you are testing cant eliminate your glitching.
I am looking forward (very much) to hear your results !!!!
Old Jan 09, 2010, 08:37 PM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
5,000 Posts
Anybody wanna guess ?????????
Old Jan 13, 2010, 03:48 PM
Renton, WA
Joined May 2009
98 Posts
Update on motor mounts.

The mounts are all done and will be shipped to me on Thursday (1/14). So I should have them ready to ship to customers around the middle to the end of the following week.

Gary
customrcparts is offline Find More Posts by customrcparts
Old Jan 19, 2010, 06:41 PM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
5,000 Posts
Gary,
Good News on the mounts.............I hear they might be able to get ordered and shipped on Monday, is this true ?????????
Last edited by moparmyway; Jan 20, 2010 at 04:57 AM.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 11:53 PM
Renton, WA
Joined May 2009
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
Gary,
Good News on the mounts.............I hear they might be able to get ordered and shipped on Monday, is this true ?????????
The mounts are listed on my website now!
customrcparts is offline Find More Posts by customrcparts
Old Jan 25, 2010, 06:54 PM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
5,000 Posts
The Kid,
Here is the info from the video you linked to me a few weeks ago.............sorry it took a while. I guessed at the temperature.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 09:29 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,853 Posts
Hey Mopar, I will try using top hole on elevon horns. I believe my travel adjustment is set to 125%. I don't use expo, even on my 3D planes.

Can you send me links to the servo arms you use? Do they fit micro (hs65's)?

I will post some funjet pics tonight and post them here.

Thanks.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:35 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,853 Posts
Also, A-Frame CF. Replaced stock with .210
Old Jan 27, 2010, 08:09 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
Also, A-Frame CF. Replaced stock with .210
Yeah, uhh... there's your A-Frame. As I'm off to fly my stryker, my ex-wife comes rolling up to pick up my kid. Her presence tightens every muscle in my body, well I started flying like I wasn't flying an overweight stryker with a non-responsive elevator and proceeded to lawn dart it about 30 feet in front of the suckubus Aka Ex-wifey.

Ironically I come home to my new motor mount, guess it's time to make a better one.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 08:12 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
Anybody wanna guess ?????????
What size carbon rod are you using on that funjet?
Old Jan 27, 2010, 09:26 PM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
Her presence tightens every muscle in my body, well I started flying like I wasn't flying an overweight stryker with a non-responsive elevator and proceeded to lawn dart it about 30 feet in front of the suckubus Aka Ex-wifey.

Ironically I come home to my new motor mount, guess it's time to make a better one.
DUDE..................
Sorry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Bout that suckubus and the ruined Stryker. I guess thats one way to make sure you have better elevons.

Can you get aileron stock in 1.5" size ??
Or possibly bigger ?
I have heard of 1.75" aileron stock, but my LHS cant get it.
Better build something just as sweet or even sweeter for that
http://www.customrcparts.com
motor mount for $46.99