35 Posts
Looks like a fast setup alright Nice job keep it up
mark552495 is offline Find More Posts by mark552495
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2013, 09:06 PM
Joined Dec 2011
134 Posts
Another alternative is the smaller Wing-wing EPO model. It's more resilient to crashes. I installed a 50mm alloy edf and run it on Zippy Compact 2200mah 4s 25c battery. See my video post here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=19
sonnydc is offline Find More Posts by sonnydc
Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:12 PM
I tell her that RC is cheap
Australia, New South Wales, Hurlstone Park
Joined Mar 2011
130 Posts
If anyone has purchased a v1.1 please post a nice close up of the motor mount and clearance between mount and motor can. Thanks in advance.
andrewp7 is offline Find More Posts by andrewp7
Old Mar 20, 2013, 07:49 AM
Slow Flyer
sterling, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
1,058 Posts
Hobby people had a $99 sale few days ago on RTF. Tx looks chincy but did work. Newer version has built in stabilization, my control surfaces new and abit stiff so needed flexing. Used this new stock setup and just finished maiden in 18 MPH winds.

This kind of conditions no issue on launch dropping to turf, winds pulsed over 20 MPH pushed it behind me. Throttles it did penetrate but kept trying to deadstick it home not working in these winds, even went inverted but had height it rightened itself, pulsed throttles brought it back from danger of trees. Once overhead lowered the nose winds still held it and last able to harrier land right at my feet lightest touchdown. Wow that was fantastic!

Tho stock it did well I thought. Flown Strykers so these are not new to me. This will make a Cool Sunday Flyer!

More fun if winds die down tomorrow.

This one zero glue other than fins I usually tape on for maidens.

Plays O H. S U Z Z A N A on battery connection, hah!

Close look at this new one, control rods flex will at least add tubing, note exposed bottom surfaces need more protection, meanwhile did a soft nose up harrier landing.

RC Close Look RTF SkyArtec Mini Sky Fly Maiden Flew In 18 MPH Winds Stock (1 min 30 sec)
wnppmy is offline Find More Posts by wnppmy
Last edited by wnppmy; Mar 20, 2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 01:44 AM
Slow Flyer
sterling, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
1,058 Posts
This is a fun model, the newer release version from Hobby People believe faster, easy to launch. Several flights now is indeed fun flyer.

Video does show launch part of a pass idea of its speed, easy landing.

SkyArtec Mini SkyFun Flying Stock Launch And Landing (1 min 33 sec)
wnppmy is offline Find More Posts by wnppmy
Old Mar 26, 2013, 06:52 AM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
wnppmy, You're flying the Mini Skyfun. This thread is actually for the full sized version.
Your input is appreciated, just wanted to clear that up for you and everyone else.
The v1.1 spoken of relates to the full size SkyFun.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._EPS_PNF_.html
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Old Mar 26, 2013, 05:12 PM
Denmark, kbh
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewp7 View Post
If anyone has purchased a v1.1 please post a nice close up of the motor mount and clearance between mount and motor can. Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure which version I just received from HK, but it has an aluminium mount with so little clearance that some of my 28mm outrunners will need the KV-sticker removed from the bell in order to spin freely...

I've mounted an 2835 inrunner now - This is an on board video of yesterday's FPV flight:

SkyFun FPV (car chase) (6 min 10 sec)
mike_o is offline Find More Posts by mike_o
Old Mar 30, 2013, 05:38 AM
The Netherlands, ZH, Wassenaar
Joined Sep 2010
827 Posts
Here's my modest setup Skyfun. It's over two years old with many repairs, very durable, easy to fix.

HobbyKing Skyfun on Turnigy 2836 1200 KV, 7 X 6 APC prop - 250 watts (0 min 35 sec)
TheLeabres is offline Find More Posts by TheLeabres
Old Apr 14, 2013, 08:03 PM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Jul 2008
188 Posts
Hi guys,

I have been waiting on a replacement canopy frame for quite a while to go back in stock as I destroyed mine in a crash. Do you all think its feasible for me to try and fly the skyfun without canopy frame in the meantime ?

Thanks,

Steph
steph_a is offline Find More Posts by steph_a
Old Apr 14, 2013, 09:41 PM
skidding in the sky
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2010
1,109 Posts
Wouldn't recommend it, it adds some structural elements as well as aerodynamic, I've lost one midflight & wouldn't ever want to fly it that way by choice.
WitnessOnly is offline Find More Posts by WitnessOnly
Old Apr 15, 2013, 10:38 AM
Denmark, kbh
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steph_a View Post
Hi guys,

I have been waiting on a replacement canopy frame for quite a while to go back in stock as I destroyed mine in a crash. Do you all think its feasible for me to try and fly the skyfun without canopy frame in the meantime ?

Thanks,

Steph
I have flown mine FPV with the canopyframe replaced by a fairly flat foam fill-in. Works so well that I can't tell the difference.
mike_o is offline Find More Posts by mike_o
Old Apr 15, 2013, 06:20 PM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Jul 2008
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_o View Post
I have flown mine FPV with the canopyframe replaced by a fairly flat foam fill-in. Works so well that I can't tell the difference.
Thanks for the reply guys.

Mike_o, would you mind posting up a pic of how that looks ?

Thanks,

Steph
steph_a is offline Find More Posts by steph_a
Old May 01, 2013, 04:07 PM
Joined May 2010
86 Posts
so, I just introduced mine to a tree at about 80kph... lol obliterated.

I had turnigy 2632 3400 kv motor, delux 55 amp speed controller, and 2200 nanotechs.

I bent the motor shaft all to heck, did some searching and couldn't find a replacement from hobby king.

should I get this motor working again and throw these guts in another speed plane (no idea which airframe to pick), or ditch the motor and just salvage the esc?

thanks for any advice!
ninjafishable is offline Find More Posts by ninjafishable
Old May 01, 2013, 11:19 PM
Joined Sep 2012
392 Posts
I'm amazed you managed to kill it! I hit mine into a tree going full bore at over 100ks, thought it was toast. Lo and behold, an hour later and a good deal of hot glue and it was good to go again.

Went 4S last week with a 4.75x4.75 prop on the 2700kv and a 2200mah lipo. Thing screams and goes fast as hell. Not sure I like the drop in torque from the larger prop in 3s though.
Znybar is offline Find More Posts by Znybar
Old May 02, 2013, 11:58 PM
La Mesa Air
La Mesa, CA
Joined Mar 2010
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steph_a View Post
I've had two incidents where I lost the canopy in flight. I really didn't notice any difference to be honest, albeit at slower speeds until I could land. I always thought the canopy formed somewhat of a lifting body and figured not having it would make it unflyable, but in reality it's not a big deal.
I disagree with the other poster on it having structural value. It's barely attached normally, so there's no way it provides and fuselage strength.
kf6bbl is offline Find More Posts by kf6bbl