Old Sep 18, 2011, 11:27 AM
Not a six pack
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jul 2008
5,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit 88 View Post
Hey rocketscience,

That's pretty impressive video quality for a keychain camera, is it something like this....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Camera-Keych...6332805&sr=8-1
It looks the same. Make sure it's the #11 808 (which it says it is). I got mine here on ebay.
rocketscience is offline Find More Posts by rocketscience
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2011, 03:24 AM
Per Ardua ad Astra
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Jan 2005
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketscience View Post
It looks the same. Make sure it's the #11 808 (which it says it is). I got mine here on ebay.
Thanks
Esprit 88 is offline Find More Posts by Esprit 88
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:57 PM
Thailand
Joined Aug 2010
527 Posts
The main cause of vibration seems to be out of true prop drivers especially around mid throttle
Usually smooths out at full throttle.
You can balance the prop but it's no use if the driver is not straight.
I have had many drivers and I have "never" had a straight one.
Most of the Cheapy motors are out of balance anyway even with no prop driver or prop. Try running it and feel the airframe buzzing.
I had 5 cheapies and realised that I had spent more than if I had bought one decent motor in the first place.
So I bought an Axi 2814/6D hoping this would cure the problem.
I am amazed. The airframe is so smooth now with half the noise it had before.
It also runs cooler and is just so smooth at all throttle settings.
Yes it was expensive but I wasted more money on so many cheaper ones that all burnt out and vibrated.
I am in no way connected with Axi just a very satisfied customer.
Jim Fox
Fox-composites is offline Find More Posts by Fox-composites
Old Sep 20, 2011, 04:27 AM
Marlborough UK, The World
Joined Apr 2010
198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox-composites View Post
The main cause of vibration seems to be out of true prop drivers especially around mid throttle
Usually smooths out at full throttle.
You can balance the prop but it's no use if the driver is not straight.
I have had many drivers and I have "never" had a straight one.
Most of the Cheapy motors are out of balance anyway even with no prop driver or prop. Try running it and feel the airframe buzzing.
I had 5 cheapies and realised that I had spent more than if I had bought one decent motor in the first place.
So I bought an Axi 2814/6D hoping this would cure the problem.
I am amazed. The airframe is so smooth now with half the noise it had before.
It also runs cooler and is just so smooth at all throttle settings.
Yes it was expensive but I wasted more money on so many cheaper ones that all burnt out and vibrated.
I am in no way connected with Axi just a very satisfied customer.
Jim Fox
Yes i just realised it was my prop adaptor causing all the problems
Got two new motors the other day and put one of those adaptors on. Now its smooth as silk.
450 BOY is offline Find More Posts by 450 BOY
Old Sep 27, 2011, 07:53 AM
Sky good, Earth bad!
Anchorage
Joined Dec 2005
1,238 Posts
Hey guys I had a horrific crash with a Habu kinda racing . I putting her back together but I broke the motor mount. Anybody have one from a crash of their own that they could part with? Please give me a pm and I can take it off you hands....
Thanks,
Dak
Dakrat is online now Find More Posts by Dakrat
Old Sep 27, 2011, 01:35 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakrat View Post
Hey guys I had a horrific crash with a Habu kinda racing . I putting her back together but I broke the motor mount. Anybody have one from a crash of their own that they could part with? Please give me a pm and I can take it off you hands....
Thanks,
Dak
Simple, find yourself a 10x10 timber and use one of these.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=5135
aeromaniac is offline Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Old Sep 28, 2011, 09:12 AM
Johannesburg, South Africa
Joined Jul 2011
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakrat View Post
I broke the motor mount. Anybody have one from a crash of their own that they could part with? Please give me a pm and I can take it off you hands....
Thanks,
Dak
Get this one from HK:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9082
MoreSpeed is offline Find More Posts by MoreSpeed
Old Sep 28, 2011, 05:55 PM
Gravity sucks.
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Mar 2011
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreSpeed View Post
+1 I did too, it's quite sturdy, but double check your thrustline after installing it.
I mounted it with 4 bolts through to tough plastic rails underneath, leaving the 'bar' section of the original mount in place.
m_ark is offline Find More Posts by m_ark
Old Sep 29, 2011, 03:52 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Anyone seen the Skyfun sold in the US? Getting multiple shipped from Hobbyking costs almost as much to ship. Now with the multiplex funjet standard version, there are no $60 versions available. My club is addicted to Funjets looking for quick shipping alternative.
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Sep 29, 2011, 04:07 PM
United States, KY, Madisonville
Joined Mar 2011
550 Posts
http://www.commonsenserc.com/product...nifmogese14lh5

Found mine on Amazon from CommonSenseRc for $79.95 shipped.
Bugbitten is online now Find More Posts by Bugbitten
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: launch elevator
Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:29 PM
Retired in NC
USA, NC, Wilmington
Joined Sep 2010
2,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
Anyone seen the Skyfun sold in the US? Getting multiple shipped from Hobbyking costs almost as much to ship. Now with the multiplex funjet standard version, there are no $60 versions available. My club is addicted to Funjets looking for quick shipping alternative.
This is from the U.S. or did I miss something in an earlier post?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14517
Rich in ILM is online now Find More Posts by Rich in ILM
Old Oct 23, 2011, 05:13 PM
St Louis, Mo
Joined Oct 2010
49 Posts
I just recently started flying the Skyfun. I can't believe all the comments I get on it. To bad I started so late in the year.
K.Jones is offline Find More Posts by K.Jones
Old Oct 25, 2011, 09:43 AM
Joined Aug 2010
322 Posts
It is a very capable and fun plane that can be easily modified to suit each user without spending a lot of money. Mine is still going strong, but I'm starting to worry about the stock servos and will at some point dig them out and replace with better units.
If anything ever happens to mine I'm sure I'll get an airframe kit and build it up myself instead of having to redo most of an ARF kit.

Did yours come with a black canopy or clear? Mine's clear and I think black would give much better visibility on these late Fall days.
soundguy63 is offline Find More Posts by soundguy63
Old Oct 25, 2011, 09:59 AM
Retired in NC
USA, NC, Wilmington
Joined Sep 2010
2,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundguy63 View Post
It is a very capable and fun plane that can be easily modified to suit each user without spending a lot of money. Mine is still going strong, but I'm starting to worry about the stock servos and will at some point dig them out and replace with better units.
If anything ever happens to mine I'm sure I'll get an airframe kit and build it up myself instead of having to redo most of an ARF kit.

Did yours come with a black canopy or clear? Mine's clear and I think black would give much better visibility on these late Fall days.
I was thinking about just getting the airframe kit but if you get it from Hobby King in HK the freight makes it just about as expensive as the ARF from the US warehouse. Do you know of any other sources? Would love to get the airframe only.
Rich in ILM is online now Find More Posts by Rich in ILM
Old Oct 25, 2011, 08:26 PM
Joined Feb 2005
38 Posts
I have now logged approx 25 very successful flights on my skyfun
Being my second ever plane after a high wing trainer, my first 5 flights were not so successful and included flying through a fence removing both vert stabilisers and lawn darting into the ground at right angles WOT (twice), which somehow did little more damage than bend the nose up a little and a create few cracks? amazing.

I have been flying the stock set-up and have been enjoying it immensely, however I have a turnigy 2826 motor on the way for a little more speed. I'm hoping I can retain the 25a esc.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12919

I just finished a little re-hinging and painting to help with orientation as I have been doing some aerial video and it gets hard to see whats going on when its a dot in the distance !
Chewy2 is offline Find More Posts by Chewy2
Last edited by Chewy2; Oct 25, 2011 at 08:34 PM.