HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 23, 2009, 08:28 PM
Joined Dec 2009
4 Posts
Discussion
how to use exceed 2.4 GHz 6 channels transmitter with a simulator?

Hi guys, I recently bought a exceed rc 6 channels 2.4 ghx tx, I installed t6 config and everything is working fine, but there is only one thing missing. I am not able to use it with my simulator. My computer doesn't recognize it as a controller. Any help would be very appreciated.

thanks
balsa.tr is offline Find More Posts by balsa.tr
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2009, 08:55 AM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,821 Posts
Which Sim ?
What OS and platform (PC or MAC) ?
What interface ?
Malc C is offline Find More Posts by Malc C
Old Dec 25, 2009, 10:42 AM
Joined Dec 2009
4 Posts
the sim is clearview my os is win 7 64 bits on PC
for the interface, what do you mean? I'm not a very competent person when
talking about computer if you give me some examples I'll surely be able to answer
your question.

thanks
Last edited by balsa.tr; Dec 25, 2009 at 10:49 AM.
Old Dec 25, 2009, 12:11 PM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa.tr View Post
for the interface, what do you mean?
How are you connecting the transmitter to the computer?

In order to use the transmitter with a simulator it must be connected to the PC via an interface of some description. Traditionally this is a small box fitted between two cables, one connects to the USB port the other connects to the training port on the back of the transmitter. You then need to set the transmitter to PPM mode so it sends the correct signals to the interface from the trainer port. These signals are then converted by the components inside the interface and send this to the PC, which recognizes the interface as a standard windows joystick. This "joystick" can then be configured and calibrated inside the application.

There are alternative means of connectivity, hence the question
Old Dec 26, 2009, 05:53 AM
Joined Dec 2009
4 Posts
I'm using the standard wire sent with the transmitter. I installed the driver called Windows_2K_XP_S2K3_Vista available on hobbypartz.com
Old Dec 26, 2009, 07:07 AM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,821 Posts
Just googled your TX and it looks like that lead is used with the supplied software to program the transmitter, it's not a game interface

You'll need to purchase a joystick type interface (they start from around $10 for cheap GWS ones).
Old Dec 26, 2009, 07:16 PM
Joined Dec 2009
4 Posts
Thank you very much for your help I'll buy another joystick to practice with my simulator.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:30 PM
RCPlaye
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined Aug 2009
711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malc C View Post
Just googled your TX and it looks like that lead is used with the supplied software to program the transmitter, it's not a game interface

You'll need to purchase a joystick type interface (they start from around $10 for cheap GWS ones).
What does a joystick type of interface look like? Because I have the same problem except I'm using xp.
CoolBudz is offline Find More Posts by CoolBudz
Old Jun 21, 2010, 01:13 AM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbudz223 View Post
What does a joystick type of interface look like? Because I have the same problem except I'm using xp.
Just google "RC USB interface"

Here's an example
http://www.mftech.de/usb-interface_en.htm
Old Jun 21, 2010, 02:59 PM
RCPlaye
Joined Aug 2009
711 Posts
Quote:
Just google "RC USB interface"

Here's an example
http://www.mftech.de/usb-interface_en.htm
so that can work with an exceed rc transmitter
Old Jun 21, 2010, 03:16 PM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,821 Posts
Quote:
so that can work with an exceed rc transmitter
I don't know.... I own a mainstream JR transmitter.... You will have to check the manual for your transmitter or contact the manufactures to seek advise on how best to configure it. For any USB joystick interface to work you need to be able to set it up as a straight aero configuration with no mixing. The transmitter needs to output a "standard" PPm signal from it's trainer port (if your tx doesn't have a trainer port then your scuppered at the start). By standard I mean a series of pulses each between 1ms and 2ms, repeated every 20ms (including a sync pulse).

If you TX meets these requirements then there should be no reason why it wouldn't work with your TX, provided you het the correct lead to match the trainer port on the TX. The one in the example is for a Futaba TX that has the 9 pin square plug.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 05:50 PM
RCPlaye
Joined Aug 2009
711 Posts
Quote:
The transmitter needs to output a "standard" PPm signal from it's trainer port. By standard I mean a series of pulses each between 1ms and 2ms, repeated every 20ms (including a sync pulse).
How do you know if your transmitter outputs a "standard" signal from it's trainer port.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 01:20 AM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,821 Posts
Quote:
How do you know if your transmitter outputs a "standard" signal from it's trainer port.
By contacting the manufacture or by using an oscilloscope.