Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 23, 2009, 05:26 PM
east central ohio
Joined Jan 2009
340 Posts
Discussion
OS.46AX Who's got one?

Looking for someone who has a OS .46AX Details on this engine would be appreciated. Yes, I have read the info on OS site.
rcairboater is online now Find More Posts by rcairboater
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2009, 06:07 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2008
2,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcairboater View Post
Looking for someone who has a OS .46AX Details on this engine would be appreciated. Yes, I have read the info on OS site.
I own 3 46 AX and 2 55AX and they all run great . I use the prop and glowplug listed in the manual that comes with each engine . Now please realize im a fun flyer , I just get them running and putt around the field , so I dont have any experience with trying to get every last bit of power out of them . For the average fun flyer they are fine engines . Good Luck on your engine choise and Happy Flying
init4fun is offline Find More Posts by init4fun
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 23, 2009, 06:34 PM
Joined Aug 2008
1,015 Posts
I've got an ax: got started in the hobby with it, beautiful engine!
no. 8 glow plug and 5% omega fuel runs great. No complaints, it a tough, reliable, powerful, awesome engine. Why do you ask? If you are buying a new engine, I would recommend the TT .46 because of the significant savings. I think the os .46 ax is $140 and the Thunder Tiger .46 as low as $80. Both very reliable engines!

Lucas
lucasavaitor is offline Find More Posts by lucasavaitor
Old Dec 23, 2009, 07:41 PM
USA, VA, Bealeton
Joined Jan 2008
104 Posts
Good engines

Quote:
All I can tell you is that I have several OS .46AX engines, in several different planes, and they all run great with no problems. They're all gas and go with no hassle. I hope that helps. Thanks; Ernie P.
Ernie P. is offline Find More Posts by Ernie P.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 09:28 PM
Sippin' on Kool Aid
Long Island NY, USA
Joined Dec 2005
2,775 Posts
Love that engine. It's a great engine. reliable, plenty of power and great for many applications.
heligrom is offline Find More Posts by heligrom
Old Dec 23, 2009, 09:57 PM
Africa
Joined Jan 2005
1,107 Posts
I love mine so much I bought a spare. Has over 300 hours on it so far & is almost 6 years old! Very reliable, powerful & holds a setting for years. Only had to tweak it recently with a change of fuel & altitude. I have found that after all that running the needle has worn on the tip slightly? maybe due to vibration. They are also very economical. Just remember to wait a little while between adjustments when tuning because the remote needle does take slightly longer.
Snorks is offline Find More Posts by Snorks
Old Dec 23, 2009, 10:31 PM
Istanbul, Turkey
Joined Aug 2004
847 Posts
Remote needle system got some air leak,I recommend no 46 but 55 Ax if you insist on OS
turk1 is offline Find More Posts by turk1
Old Dec 24, 2009, 12:17 AM
The reviewer
Tokoroa
Joined Mar 2004
3,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasavaitor View Post
I've got an ax: got started in the hobby with it, beautiful engine!
no. 8 glow plug and 5% omega fuel runs great. No complaints, it a tough, reliable, powerful, awesome engine. Why do you ask? If you are buying a new engine, I would recommend the TT .46 because of the significant savings. I think the os .46 ax is $140 and the Thunder Tiger .46 as low as $80. Both very reliable engines!
+1 -- dead right!

The TT46Pro is a great engine which is every bit as reliable and long-lived as the OS but you save a bundle of notes with the TT because it's so much cheaper.

Nothing wrong with the OS though (despite what Konrad might suggest)
XJet is offline Find More Posts by XJet
Old Dec 24, 2009, 06:46 AM
USA, MI, Lansing
Joined Aug 2009
238 Posts
I have one and love it. I prefer the OS #8 glowplug instead of the A3 that it comes with.
Hewey19 is offline Find More Posts by Hewey19
Old Dec 24, 2009, 08:35 AM
east central ohio
Joined Jan 2009
340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJet View Post
+1 -- dead right!

The TT46Pro is a great engine which is every bit as reliable and long-lived as the OS but you save a bundle of notes with the TT because it's so much cheaper.

How is TT parts availability?
Old Dec 24, 2009, 09:09 AM
Joined Aug 2008
1,015 Posts
Lol, Konrad hasn't poked his head in yet. Although he's never said much bad about the os .46 ax! I think TT has slightly less parts available, but the only new parts you should ever need are glowplugs! If I were to go back in time, I would have bought the TT .46.
Lucas
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJet View Post
+1 -- dead right!

Quote:
How is TT parts availability?
lucasavaitor is offline Find More Posts by lucasavaitor
Old Dec 24, 2009, 09:52 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2008
2,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasavaitor View Post
Lol, Konrad hasn't poked his head in yet. Although he's never said much bad about the os .46 ax!
Not that I would ever try to speak for Konrad , My understanding of his position is not that OS are terrible engines , Just terribly overpriced for what there made of . Ive seen him write "why pay performance engine prices for what is essentially an ok sport engine" - or words relativly close to those . I beleive if OS prices were closer to TT prices he may like them more ? Also Konrad has mentioned having bad customer service from OS , namley that they blew him off on warranty repairs by using the "high performance engines have no guarentee" excuse . You can bet that if MY brand new engine siezed or had other , fatal , problems Id want it replaced also , and if the company denied my request id be also quite angry . In closing let me say Merry Christmas to All ..................AND ..... "Friends dont let friends fly nickel"
Old Dec 24, 2009, 11:25 AM
east central ohio
Joined Jan 2009
340 Posts
Who has the best price for the TT engines?
Old Dec 24, 2009, 12:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
634 Posts
It's amazing how many of us must not have any friends as "friends don't let friends fly nickel". Since OS and other popular brands use nickel and thousands and thousands of modelers use those brands, we must not have any friends. So sad going to the field and having no friends 'cause we're all flying nickel plated engines. Just fly and then sit with no friends to talk to.
glowguy47 is offline Find More Posts by glowguy47
Old Dec 24, 2009, 12:36 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2008
2,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glowguy47 View Post
It's amazing how many of us must not have any friends as "friends don't let friends fly nickel". Since OS and other popular brands use nickel and thousands and thousands of modelers use those brands, we must not have any friends. So sad going to the field and having no friends 'cause we're all flying nickel plated engines. Just fly and then sit with no friends to talk to.
Hey im still waitin for one of my friends to save me from nickel and bequest me some nice chrome lined engines . What do you think ............Think ive got a chance of that happening ??