HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Extreme_RC, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 03:11 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,461 Posts
Discussion
A Big welcome to the Extreme RC Forum!

Welcome to Extreme Radio Control's forum!

This forum has been created so everyone can discuss our new models, share ideas on modifications and fixes, and discuss Electric ducted fan models in general!

Feel free to post up photos and specs of your Extreme RC creation in the customer models thread, and any suggestions on threads post them up in here!

Mark.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Last edited by Extreme_RC; Jan 21, 2010 at 03:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2010, 03:23 AM
Albury, Australia
Joined Feb 2008
989 Posts
Ah Mark didnt even see that you got your own forum. Good stuff
EDFjet is offline Find More Posts by EDFjet
Old May 19, 2010, 09:06 PM
Maryborough Qld Australia
Joined Jul 2003
511 Posts
Hi guys,

Received the Futaba Module and Rx's. Very pleased, and am considering converting all models to 2.4. I would like to convert an old ( but in good working order) Hitec/Aristocraft Challenger 720 Tx ( seven channel ) Do you know of any explanation to describe the TX output into the Module, ie what pins are what? ( for any TX ).

The Challenger module is larger than the Futaba, but has five pins. These are at the top of the module, not the bottom. I think the Futaba module could be fitted, but would the pins be reversed? I note you say Futaba module is for Hitec, but assume this would be later models, which may be different. The JR module seems larger, but I do not have access to a JR Tx at the present time to compare to see if this would be compatible.

I also find reference on FrSKY site to add-on Tx sets, but you do not list them. Are they available, and easy to install?

Regards Alan Turton
altur is offline Find More Posts by altur
Old May 19, 2010, 09:35 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,461 Posts
Hi Alan,

FrSKY have a hack module available that we are still waiting on, stock is slow in getting to us this month. I am sure you could likely use your old module case and install a FrSKY module into it, the pin bank should line up and could be glued into place, I would be suprised if the pin arrangement was different to newer models but of course this would need to be confirmed by some of the radio experts. I would suggest you go into the FrSKY thread and hit them up with some questions, a lot of very knowledgeable guys on there retrofitting them to many different radios.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1176328
Old Mar 26, 2012, 06:13 AM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Australia, WA, Parkerville
Joined Sep 2011
1,357 Posts
Hi,

I have a FMS Dasault Alpha 70mm, I am after a combo setup for this plane to run off 4s and get good flight time, blitzing high speed is not needed but fast than stock is needed, also I will be hand launching.

Many Thanks,

Shaun.
Banjofrog is offline Find More Posts by Banjofrog
Old Mar 26, 2012, 05:43 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,461 Posts
Hi Shaun,

I would use the Wemotec Minifan and a 2W20, it pulls around 45 amps and puts out around 1.2+kg thrust.

You can run it on 2200 4s packs but a 2500-2600 would be better, and with mixed flying you should get 4-5 mins out of a 2500.

If you want something hotter that will be more usable in other models down the track then go with the 2W18 motor, 55-60 amps on 2600 4s pack and 1.5kg thrust, at half throttle it will be quick and will still give a good 4 mins mixed flying.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:44 PM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Australia, WA, Parkerville
Joined Sep 2011
1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC View Post
Hi Shaun,

I would use the Wemotec Minifan and a 2W20, it pulls around 45 amps and puts out around 1.2+kg thrust.

You can run it on 2200 4s packs but a 2500-2600 would be better, and with mixed flying you should get 4-5 mins out of a 2500.

If you want something hotter that will be more usable in other models down the track then go with the 2W18 motor, 55-60 amps on 2600 4s pack and 1.5kg thrust, at half throttle it will be quick and will still give a good 4 mins mixed flying.
Thanks, I have just ordered the 2W18 combo from your site.

Shaun.
Banjofrog is offline Find More Posts by Banjofrog
Old Jun 06, 2012, 01:42 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1 Posts
i wish i can learn sth. from u.
a64913444 is offline Find More Posts by a64913444
Old Jun 22, 2012, 05:50 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,461 Posts
Just read everyones posts across the forum, dont believe everything you read though, put it all together and extrapolate the best info from what you gather!