HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 22, 2009, 07:52 PM
Joined Dec 2007
85 Posts
Discussion
Any way to speed up a MCX? Probably should have got the MSR...

Hi,

So I went to the hobby shop today to check out the MCX, MSR & a Losi High Roller (which they didnt have). I have a CX2 & am decent with it (it is pretty easy after all). They ran the MSR & I got a little nervous & decided to stick with the MCX.

It is Soooooo easy to fly & I am pretty impressed with it but there is 0 fear factor which does make it a little less than exciting but my son loves watching it fly (and so do I).

My big issue is that it goes up & down fast enough but the right control switches (forward, back, left, right) are very very slow. I would say that with the throttle going forward on full it doesnt go fast. I dont mean just that its a slow heli, but with full throttle it barely moves.

My CX2 if I went forward, it would take a little while but the momentum would kick in & it would go quickly, or at least quick enough that I would have to full reverse the throttle to keep from hitting the wall, this doesnt do that.

I called the LHS & they said with the rear of the heli facing me, I should loosen the right handed linkage two full turns. I did that & its still beyond slow. Did I go the wrong direction?

The other wierd thing is that if you put it in "slow mode" with the flashing controller it doesnt seem to go slower (I cant really tell as its pretty slow).

Did I outgrow this thing within 10 minutes?

Thanks,
Rich
RichTJ99 is offline Find More Posts by RichTJ99
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2009, 10:45 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
Hi,

So I went to the hobby shop today to check out the MCX, MSR & a Losi High Roller (which they didnt have). I have a CX2 & am decent with it (it is pretty easy after all). They ran the MSR & I got a little nervous & decided to stick with the MCX.

It is Soooooo easy to fly & I am pretty impressed with it but there is 0 fear factor which does make it a little less than exciting but my son loves watching it fly (and so do I).

My big issue is that it goes up & down fast enough but the right control switches (forward, back, left, right) are very very slow. I would say that with the throttle going forward on full it doesnt go fast. I dont mean just that its a slow heli, but with full throttle it barely moves.

My CX2 if I went forward, it would take a little while but the momentum would kick in & it would go quickly, or at least quick enough that I would have to full reverse the throttle to keep from hitting the wall, this doesnt do that.

I called the LHS & they said with the rear of the heli facing me, I should loosen the right handed linkage two full turns. I did that & its still beyond slow. Did I go the wrong direction?

The other wierd thing is that if you put it in "slow mode" with the flashing controller it doesnt seem to go slower (I cant really tell as its pretty slow).

Did I outgrow this thing within 10 minutes?

Thanks,
Rich
You got some bad information you want to shorten the link from the right servo 3 full turns so now you have to do 5 FULL turns.. It will go a little faster now.. But it will not ever go fast for far as it will slow down after about 10 feet unless you keep moving the stick a little.. Best way to go fast is push the right stick all the way forward and at same time feed it more power.. After it gets moving a ways start a turn with it.. it will move around at a good clip for a bit while doing this..... Next week give it to your son and go buy yourself a mSR for New Years..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Dec 22, 2009, 10:50 PM
Joined Dec 2007
85 Posts
Im thinking that might be the way to go. I admit the mcx is easy & carefree but not super exciting.
RichTJ99 is offline Find More Posts by RichTJ99
Old Dec 22, 2009, 10:56 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
Im thinking that might be the way to go. I admit the mcx is easy & carefree but not super exciting.

It is if you use it to learn how to do nose in landings on a deck of cards.. Fly under the coffee table, land on the ceiling fan blades, etc.
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Dec 23, 2009, 07:00 AM
SCF
Joined Nov 2009
66 Posts
If you want to add a little excitement to the mCX, pick up an mSR swash at your lhs and install it. You'll have to adjust the servo arms, and add some height to your rear swash centering brackets. But it REALLY wakes the little mCX up!!
SCF is offline Find More Posts by SCF
Old Dec 23, 2009, 07:40 AM
Central Michigan
Joined Nov 2005
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCF View Post
If you want to add a little excitement to the mCX, pick up an mSR swash at your lhs and install it. You'll have to adjust the servo arms, and add some height to your rear swash centering brackets. But it REALLY wakes the little mCX up!!
Agreed !!
roadsplat is offline Find More Posts by roadsplat
Old Dec 28, 2009, 08:47 AM
Huntsville, Alabama
Joined Mar 2008
77 Posts
I added an MSR swash to mine and it is faster, but any clue as to why mine banks left in foward flight and banks right in rear flight? Sorry if not right place but you guys mentioned you had done so with yours.
bspredator is offline Find More Posts by bspredator