HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 22, 2009, 08:27 AM
Carlisle UK
Joined Sep 2007
71 Posts
Discussion
E Logger V3 RPM with CSM Revlock 10 sensor not working

I have the E-Logger V3 150A and I think it is a great piece of kit esp. for Heli's. I have searched this board for info regarding the CSM Revlock engine RPM govenor but could only find info on the Futaba Gv1...

I read that the power to the sensor must come from the origional source ie Revlock and tht,s how my lead is configured...

I also read that despite the colour coding on the data logger the sensor wire's may have to be swapped over am i correct here as I would not like to damage the V3 or the sensor?

Interestingly I looked at photo's or your own sensors and the signal wire is on the tabbed end of the plug as are the sensor wires to the Revlock sensor.
but the temp sensor wires are both red and are connected middle pin to opposite end of plug to the tab.

regards Steve
sg sailing is offline Find More Posts by sg sailing
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2009, 03:40 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Hi Steve,

The pinout of our RPM port, in terms of a futaba servo wire, is:

red = ground
black = power
white = signal (0-5ish volt pulses)

If you can determine what the revlock is outputting re signal, if it's a simple square wave pulse, you should be able to connect the white and red wires to signal and ground of the revlock, as a simple test (but, alas, at your own risk).

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 28, 2009, 04:34 PM
Carlisle UK
Joined Sep 2007
71 Posts
Many thanks Bill. I will look at Revlock and report back with my findings. I know the Revlock pinouts are identifiable so we may be in luck.

Edit

Photo of revlock pinouts (sensor input on lower left)

Steve
Last edited by sg sailing; Jan 02, 2010 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Photo added
Old Jan 04, 2010, 12:18 PM
Carlisle UK
Joined Sep 2007
71 Posts
Bill

Further examination and testing has produced the following info....

Any attempt at tapping into the Revlocks input signal will stop the revlock from seeing the pulses from the sensor. This will in effect disable it...

The supply from the revlock to the sensor is 3.8v when the supply voltage is 4.8v This falls to 2v when the revlocks sensor is plugged in.

The pulse output from the sensor 1.9v rising to 2.2v when magnet passes.

Maybe there are two solutions

simply use one of your sensors or use a transistor curcuit to create correct pulses for input to data logger. I suspect the data logger will need to see positive voltage pulses at 4-5v........... only viable if its worth time and effort involved or for those who like such a challenge.

All ineteresting stuff

Regards Steve
Old Jan 05, 2010, 05:01 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Hi Steve,

Sounds like the Revlock's output is very current limited.

A transistor buffer might work (or even our brushless RPM sensor) but as you say it may not be worth the effort.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 08, 2010, 04:13 PM
Carlisle UK
Joined Sep 2007
71 Posts
Bill

I geussed the same and have gone the easy way and purchased one of your sensors. Testing with the existing magnet the Datalogger works fine.
I just need to make a mount for the sensor.

Many thanks for your help

Steve