HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by deckert, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 12:38 AM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,573 Posts
Discussion
Creating Problems

Jeez, you'd think I'd be smart enough to not create problems on an ARF build but..noo! The wife said I had to build one of the closet queens before I bought another bird or a divorce was pending so what to do. I looked up some lawyers in the phone book but then had second thoughts. So I decided on the H9 Power 46 Cub. I had all the gear but had stripped/sold the Power 46 out because I'm not a big fan of these E-Flite motors because of their tolerances and soft motor shafts. I replaced it with a GR-45 from http://www.reaperbrushless.com/ for some more umph.

1st thing being, the 46 mounts don't work on any aspect. 2nd thing being, the stand-offs are to short. Grrr! Aw well, I need to move on. This bird needs a pull-pull rudder, yep, more problems. Well, as long as I'm doing that, why not dump that darn single stick for the elevators and split rods? I just have to make more problems. OK, going for dual elevator servos and a pull-pull rudder. BUT, and a lot of BUT, I have to cut out the film for access to do what I need. Well, as long as I cut out the openings in the film, just make some screw-in covers for future access as well.

I just never learn. It's no wonder a stupid ARF kit goes into a 40 or 50 hour job for me. But it's going to be very sweet when I'm done. Either that or
a pile of stuff for a Glad Bag.

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
to remove ads between posts