HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 19, 2009, 08:26 AM
Joined Dec 2007
252 Posts
Discussion
Which USB Adapter for Spektrum DX5E?

I've been reading some of these threads for DX6i but it has left me thoroughly confused... could someone point me in the direction of what to get for the DX5e?
squishydonut is offline Find More Posts by squishydonut
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2009, 08:32 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,667 Posts
Trainer connection for the DX5e is the standard JR one, so for whatever SIM you want just get the USB Dongle with the JR connector.
(IIRC the standard one for Aerofly and Pheonix)

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Dec 19, 2009, 05:54 PM
Joined Dec 2007
252 Posts
Excellent, thank you!
Old Dec 19, 2009, 08:22 PM
USA
Joined Sep 2003
967 Posts
pmackenzie

Ooops !
See my last post on this thread on this same Sim site.

Where to but (means buy) adapter...now?

A little different than we each thought !
onewasp is offline Find More Posts by onewasp
Old Dec 19, 2009, 09:05 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,667 Posts
Squishy, if you are still following this, it seems like you need an additional adaptor for Phoenix to use the DX5

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1160441

Link in post #7
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Jan 03, 2010, 06:52 PM
Joined Dec 2007
252 Posts
cool, thanks mackenzie.
Old Jan 06, 2010, 02:28 PM
The Addiction has began...
Piketon, Ohio
Joined Dec 2009
229 Posts
Radio Shack!!!

Do not know if this has been posted before but I thought I would chime in here at any rate. I purchased the Phoenix Flight Sim for fixed wing aircraft and it was the stand alone software with USB cable to be used with my own DX5e. Well I never read anywhere or seen otherwise that I would need a adapter to get the software to recognize my TX ! Well I went for several weeks trying to find and everywhere is out of stock until Jan 20, 2010 for this adapter . Well on RCGroups.com forum I finally found someone who found an adapter from Radio Shack that DOES work and does NOT short out the DX5e TX ! The RS stereo to mono adapter ($2.69) will work on the DX5e. All you have to do if you are willing is enlarge the hole where it plugs into the TX so that it seats all the way inside to make a proper connection ! So, with this said I am NOW enjoying this awesome flight sim from Phoenix. Now I have not utilized other sims but I would rate this as first rate...JMO! Hopefully someone that is or has been in my dilemma concerning this adapter (which is nothing more than a stereo to mono adapter) hopefully this will help you out!

here is the link... http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062469

Dave
TheOldGuard is offline Find More Posts by TheOldGuard
Old Apr 18, 2014, 12:39 PM
Joined Apr 2014
2 Posts
Thanks for suggesting the use of the RS adapter + enlarged hole. I did exactly what you described and was able to get my DX5e to work with Phoenix.
Smaugy is offline Find More Posts by Smaugy