HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 19, 2009, 05:56 AM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,776 Posts
Discussion
Swapping DX6i trainer switch, to non sprung switch?

Hi, ive been getting annoyed with having to hold the trainer switch when using the buddy box system. Can i swap it with a standard toggle switch (like the th. Hold/Mix one on the other side)? Will anything happen/will i loose any functions from doing this?

I understand they spring it so all you have to do is let go to regain control, but when flying a Co-ax heli with someone, i don't need the instant regain of control and i will keep my finger next to it ready to switch it back instantly.

Any thoughts?
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2009, 07:37 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,112 Posts
The other main issues with having the trainer switch spring loades is the its also use for BINDING.

If you forget to switch back or accidently turn it on while the radio is powered, the next time you will turn it ON it will go into bind mode and you will lose bnd with the RX.

But if its something you are will to live with, then by all means go ahead. I have replace the flap/gyro switch that was long and shape differently then the others so it would be the same as the others.

I prefer semitry, I think thats the word.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Dec 19, 2009, 09:00 AM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,776 Posts
I'm fine with the bind situation. I might replace the Th.hold/mix switch with a similar one to the other that i have. Then use the switch i took out to swap with the trainer as it would be good to have the extra length. The word you where looking for is symmetry.
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz