SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:27 PM
Tampa, Fl
Joined Jan 2002
711 Posts
Discussion
HK-600 and HK-700GT from Hobby King

Preface: If this thread goes anywhere, please refrain from discussing the moral fiber of Hobby King and duplicating other brands of helis. This has been done to death in other threads, please not in mine.

Just saw this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...wsPageExec.asp

"600GT, 450Pro & 700GT Heli's too arrive soon. 11/12/2009
Our HK-600GT all alloy/CF helicopter will be arriving at around the 10th of January. The 450Pro is based on the Align 450 Pro and will be available mid January. Also we have a 700GT helicopter in production now and the expected release date is around April 2010.
We will be introducing a new range of high performance heli motors specifically designed for our 450, 500 and 600 size heli's. Thes have an estimated release date of late February."

What do you think the pricing will be? I'm thinking $79 for the 600GT and $99 for the 700GT....

I'm going to go broke because of HK
RobDog is online now Find More Posts by RobDog
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2009, 02:35 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
6,047 Posts
They have the new all metal 450 up now....
Evan D is offline Find More Posts by Evan D
Old Dec 18, 2009, 08:14 PM
Joined Oct 2008
1 Posts
I've been shopping for a 600 or bigger for a couple weeks now. It seems when ever I go looking for something HK soon produces.
tode is offline Find More Posts by tode
Old Dec 19, 2009, 01:21 AM
Sure it'll work
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDog View Post

Just saw this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...wsPageExec.asp

What do you think the pricing will be? I'm thinking $79 for the 600GT and $99 for the 700GT....
I bet it'll be more like $125-175 for the 600 and $200-275 for the 700. Most likely priced simular to this http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idCategory=341

I hope there aren't too many bugs to workout of the first ones off the line. I'm stoked about the 700e.

Anyone know if they are TT or belt on the tail?
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Old Dec 24, 2009, 07:42 PM
Joined Jul 2007
8,859 Posts
I think that CHEAP and 600 Size does not equate. Asking for danger and trouble. It is scairy enough flying a 600 heli let alone a Cheap sloppy one. No thanks
Zootster is online now Find More Posts by Zootster
Old Dec 25, 2009, 12:21 AM
Quads Hexa Pixhawk PX4 500 600
Australia, NSW, Killcare
Joined Oct 2004
159 Posts
Poor craftsmanship and any size is very dangerous.
Low price has nothing to do with it

If you take anything sold by HC and multiply by four five or more you re-create
a normal importer / wholesaler / hobby shop sales model.

No matter what brand or model you buy.. If you don't check that everything has been properly loctite.. You are then asking for trouble.

Happy economic flying.
henrik2000 is offline Find More Posts by henrik2000
Old Dec 25, 2009, 01:37 AM
Sure it'll work
Joined Nov 2005
4,277 Posts
They had a few bugs to work out of the HK500. Then came the HK500GT...I have yet to hear of one exploding or coming apart for no good reason. Hopefully they have enough sense to realize cutting corners in the wrong places will be cutting their own throat in the long run. "Cheap" does not "always" equate to junk.....usually....not always. Just one example that comes to mind is what people used to say about Zippy's when they first came on the market....that opinion has changed.....and that's just one.

My 2 cents, Bill
Old Dec 25, 2009, 06:04 AM
Joined Jul 2007
8,859 Posts
I buy lots of stuff from Hobby King and most of it is great. I bought 2 of their 450 helis and built one. What a load of crap. Everything was just ......bad. Flimsy, ill fitting. I got rid of both of them. Didnt fly them. Has anyone had a success flying them with NO upgrading? Out of the box and regular flights. I can do that with my helis with confidence.

I have been hit in th arm by a 450 blade and it bloody hurts. It was my fault (dumb thumbs ) so I am not going to trust some thing spinning st 1800 ~2000rpm on a low quality heli. One of the guys I know was spooling his up and it spat a main blade and destroyed the heli. Bearings and all just pulled through the blade grip and flew about 20ft.
Old Dec 25, 2009, 11:19 AM
Illinois
Joined Mar 2004
372 Posts
Yes,

I purposely built a STOCK HK450 , stock plastic hybrid swash and all, just to see if it would hold up.

Absolutely did. at 3000 rpm with plastic head , grips and all.

But, I took a mindset that most would not use.

I completely reset the head linkages, re-aligned the bearins in the tail, main mast, everything, all stock parts , but thoroughly reset, rebuilt checking for and tweaking the fit.

With good blades , reset 10-10 head, good servos, economy gyro, awesome motor and esc-battery it flew as well, as stable, as my Align V2 SE. It really rock and rolled.

So,

YES, the clones can be as good as original design release.

GET OVER IT.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now on to the topic,

Looking forward to my HK600GT. Same "mindset" will apply, no bolt goes untouched, assume nothing.

If you fly ANY heli without this concept YOU will fail. Or, just by dumb luck , and great pre-assy by the manu, you will get a couple of flights.

Now, that said, my Stock Plastic HK450 handled about 20 3000 rpm flights before the swash got too loose for my liking. I did NOT Tri-Flo it after initial setup, however. It was a test to see how long it would hold up. I bet with a little better oiling, and every flight squirt , it would have held up longer. But, the 3000 rpm test was deliberately extreme. Just to PROVE it could handle it.

The stock plastic grips and plastic head are better and tighter than the metal upgrades in my opinion. The metal parts , even after perfect shimming and setup, get loose from wear after the same amount of flights, the plastic did not.

Come on HK600GT, haters , complainers, go away, mend your ways.
VBSuperMaxx is offline Find More Posts by VBSuperMaxx
Old Dec 25, 2009, 01:18 PM
Bundesrepublik Deutschland, Rheinland-Pfalz, Kaiserslautern
Joined Apr 2007
1,009 Posts
HK 600 is in the air:

http://174.143.95.154/hobbyking/stor...cb29df299f9196
daybyter is offline Find More Posts by daybyter
Old Dec 25, 2009, 02:21 PM
Bush Pilots Bounce Higher
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Dec 2006
4,309 Posts
Nice !

When I heard it go into auto rotation. I thought it was going to drop like a rock, but it settled down nice and smoothly !
Spidious is offline Find More Posts by Spidious
Old Dec 25, 2009, 02:44 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
May have to save to get me one for scale applications.
darthdrk is offline Find More Posts by darthdrk
Old Dec 25, 2009, 11:39 PM
Joined Jul 2007
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBSuperMaxx View Post
Yes,

I purposely built a STOCK HK450 , stock plastic hybrid swash and all, just to see if it would hold up.

Absolutely did. at 3000 rpm with plastic head , grips and all.

But, I took a mindset that most would not use.

I completely reset the head linkages, re-aligned the bearins in the tail, main mast, everything, all stock parts , but thoroughly reset, rebuilt checking for and tweaking the fit.

With good blades , reset 10-10 head, good servos, economy gyro, awesome motor and esc-battery it flew as well, as stable, as my Align V2 SE. It really rock and rolled.

So,

YES, the clones can be as good as original design release.

GET OVER IT.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now on to the topic,

Looking forward to my HK600GT. Same "mindset" will apply, no bolt goes untouched, assume nothing.

If you fly ANY heli without this concept YOU will fail. Or, just by dumb luck , and great pre-assy by the manu, you will get a couple of flights.

Now, that said, my Stock Plastic HK450 handled about 20 3000 rpm flights before the swash got too loose for my liking. I did NOT Tri-Flo it after initial setup, however. It was a test to see how long it would hold up. I bet with a little better oiling, and every flight squirt , it would have held up longer. But, the 3000 rpm test was deliberately extreme. Just to PROVE it could handle it.

The stock plastic grips and plastic head are better and tighter than the metal upgrades in my opinion. The metal parts , even after perfect shimming and setup, get loose from wear after the same amount of flights, the plastic did not.

Come on HK600GT, haters , complainers, go away, mend your ways.
MATE, this is an Open Forum. We all have our opinions. I have mine you have yours. I dont hate them I just think they Aint Safe. Dont tell me GET OVER IT. Ok Buddy. I have seen what can happen.
Cheers.......Mate.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 03:46 PM
Sure it'll work
Joined Nov 2005
4,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootster View Post
MATE, this is an Open Forum. We all have our opinions. I have mine you have yours. I dont hate them I just think they Aint Safe. Dont tell me GET OVER IT. Ok Buddy. I have seen what can happen.
Cheers.......Mate.
I don't really think he meant it literally (IMHO).....my clue this conclusion is when he said "mend your ways". I could be wrong...I do beleive however he may be guilty of not using smilies....

Bill
Old Dec 27, 2009, 08:40 PM
Bath, PA
Joined Nov 2001
308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootster View Post
Cheers.......Mate.

Mate:

The person that started this thread asked that the HK QC lingo be kept from this thread. There are plenty of threads discussing this topic. The folks HERE would like to discuss the new 600 and 700. So be a polite lad, and keep to the topic at hand. If you have some DIRECT experience with one of these new models not being up to par, then please share. Unless you work for HK (not likely based on your opinions), I don't think you have much to share that others are interested in hearing IN THIS THREAD. Find one of the HK bashing threads and knock yourself out.

Have a Happy New Year!

Cheers:
Lee
lsnover is offline Find More Posts by lsnover