SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 27, 2010, 01:46 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2 Posts
Hi Marijn
Here you are my first Ekranoplan video ........ in flight
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CFcZ6q7IHE8?fs=1&amp;hl=fr_FR"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CFcZ6q7IHE8?fs=1&amp;hl=fr_FR" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Oups!
And with the direct link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFcZ6q7IHE8
phil bagatelle is offline Find More Posts by phil bagatelle
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2010, 12:11 PM
Netherlands
Joined Sep 2006
374 Posts
Haha nice, clearly the 3 engines give enough thrust to fly this thing through all maneuvres . Are you going to give it another try on water, maybe with the engines angled upwards etc?

Marijn
hoverman is offline Find More Posts by hoverman
Old Sep 28, 2010, 03:36 PM
USA, CA, Fremont
Joined Jun 2005
47 Posts
Ekranoplan

Bravo,
Mais ca vole tres haut.
datalex is offline Find More Posts by datalex
Old Nov 03, 2010, 11:34 AM
Plane Destroyer / Life Enjoyer
Miami, FL
Joined May 2009
3,507 Posts
Congrats on getting her up, great looking model.
airbagit13 is offline Find More Posts by airbagit13
Old Nov 06, 2010, 01:18 PM
United States, ID, Rexburg
Joined Sep 2008
6,450 Posts
If I recall correctly the full scale LUN uses 8 jet engines for thrust forwards (the canard by the cockpit) and two more on the tail. The Video I have seen shows the forward engines screaming at take off then the engines on the tail seem to provide most of the thrust once she is up and flying. The fullscale version also seems to unstick at a pretty high angle of attack also, just like yours.
I have always wanted to see someone make an Ekranoplan to scale (just thought the idea of a WIG was cool). My local pond (actually a small lake) is large enough for something like this, now you have given me another I want for the list of things to build one day. (Thank You)
Foo
fooman2008 is offline Find More Posts by fooman2008
Old Nov 06, 2010, 02:25 PM
Netherlands
Joined Sep 2006
374 Posts
Almost right, the Lun had 8 engines on the nose but no on the tail, the even larger KM had an extra pair on the tail though

I always wanted to build a scale RC ekranoplan, and allthough itīs not quite what I want, itīs a big step in the right direction Till now itīs still the only..sort of..scale model I have seen on the internet, maybe other models will appear in the future(I think I am going to take it to one of those water/seaplane events here, and see if I can interest some people)

Anyway, if you have questions, and especially when you start your project, please psot your progress here!

Best Regards,

Marijn
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:41 AM
Netherlands
Joined Sep 2006
374 Posts
Another update for this topic, here are the final plans for this Spasatel model!

Marijn