HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by BRENDAN LUGO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 03, 2010, 12:01 AM
Team Hacker
Vancouver BC Canada
Joined Jul 2006
1,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcat220 View Post
I would like:

1. Transmitter Voice cues that could be used for:
a. Flight timer count (ie "one minute"...)
b. SBC low voltage warning
c. Transmitter low voltage warning

2. On screen flight check list, customizable by the user.
I would also like a "talking timer" that speaks the minutes left.
Geoff Dryer is offline Find More Posts by Geoff Dryer
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2010, 05:52 AM
ago involo ergo sum
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Joined Dec 2000
413 Posts
Configurable momentary switch (H)

In the Multiplex Evo Tx line, one can change the behaviours of either of the momentary action switch (buttons) to one of:

1: unpushed output 0% & push to output 100% (or opposite outputs) true momentary action

2: push to output 100% (or 0%) Push again to output 0% (or 100%) Push again to output 100% (or 0%) . . . and so on. A momentary action latch.

It would be very cool to be able to configure switch H (or any other software switch retrofit with with a momentary action hardware switch) to behave either as a momentary or latch type.
MikeAnderson is offline Find More Posts by MikeAnderson
Old Mar 04, 2010, 05:58 AM
ago involo ergo sum
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Joined Dec 2000
413 Posts
Push LT CT or RT to act as toggle switches

We know that the LT, CT & RT variable "switches" can be pushed to toggle, but they aren't avalable as push-to-toggle switches in the firmware. It would give us 3 more momentary action switches if the firmware could read the pushes on LT, CT, RT.

Oh and it would be even cooler to have those momentaries also be configurable as on/off or push-to-latch-on/push-to-latch-off.
MikeAnderson is offline Find More Posts by MikeAnderson
Old Mar 04, 2010, 10:23 AM
I'm Bonafide!
Wilmington, NC
Joined Aug 2005
1,283 Posts
Aurora 9 Wish list

Since there is only a wish list for the software...thought it might be a good idea for a wish list for new firmware and Tx changes....

My biggest one, ensure INDIVIDUAL telemetry devices can be connected to the onboard Rx instead of having to use the station. Looks like to get altitude I will need to use the full GPS deal, which is really unnecessary as it could be just something simple to use individually like the "How High" device...I don't want to have to throw a station into every plane I want simple telemetry with....

Also, I know Hitec might THINK that opening this to Open Source might hurt them...but if I were Hitec...I would rather sell 1000 more radios and let someone else have the ability to have 3rd party telemetry tools than to sell 250 radios and let other vendors catch the other 75% of the market...IF Hitec goes the open source route.....you'll see people BAILING in large numbers to come over I think...
JediKnight2 is offline Find More Posts by JediKnight2
Last edited by BRENDAN LUGO; Mar 05, 2010 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Mod edit- merged with existing wish list thread
Old Mar 04, 2010, 01:49 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAnderson View Post
We know that the LT, CT & RT variable "switches" can be pushed to toggle, but they aren't avalable as push-to-toggle switches in the firmware. It would give us 3 more momentary action switches if the firmware could read the pushes on LT, CT, RT.
Oh and it would be even cooler to have those momentaries also be configurable as on/off or push-to-latch-on/push-to-latch-off.
Aurora A9 - Replace Switches with Push Buttons pictorial. may assist
as per
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {frequently updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Mar 05, 2010, 08:27 AM
LI NY
Joined Sep 2008
1,013 Posts
I would like to be able to skip models and jump right to the modle # I want when programming the radio.

I would keep my electrics 1-9
Gas 10-19
Heli 20-30

Right now they need to be programmed in order or you need to keep pressing "NEW" kind of a PITA.
fierce is offline Find More Posts by fierce
Old Mar 07, 2010, 06:55 PM
Joined Feb 2007
171 Posts
I would like to see the voltage of each cell and total voltage of a li-po receiver pack and then be able to set an alarm for said li-po at any voltage of my choosing.
windsheer is offline Find More Posts by windsheer
Old Mar 08, 2010, 12:55 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,447 Posts
You have 4 voltages available in the sensor station.
So you can tap in the balancer plug of up to 4s pack.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Mar 09, 2010, 07:34 AM
Joined Apr 2009
114 Posts
Transmitter (not module) warning level selection, at least for voltage. Individual for each model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
You have 4 voltages available in the sensor station.
External voltage sensors will be availiable ? It could be nice, but where this info is from ?
Jevgeniy is offline Find More Posts by Jevgeniy
Last edited by Jevgeniy; Mar 11, 2010 at 02:36 PM. Reason: grammar check
Old Mar 13, 2010, 07:28 AM
King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Sep 2001
226 Posts
Not sure if this is listed.

When you initialize the receiver hold the servo positions to a predetermined position (maybe use the failsafe settings). When I turn on the TX and then turn on the RX , the control surfaces move to some built in preset and then quickly snap back to the right positions once the link is established. This happens quickly, but the process is moving some of the surfaces to points where they can damage the plane.

Another suggestion. Allow for And/Or switch assignments. Example, activate a flight mode by using Switch X or Switch Y. I like to toggle my Thermal flight mode with the spring loaded switch (for quick blips, flying low in ridge lift) or use an On/Off for longer activations (normal thermal activity).

Hope this makes sense,

John
bitzerj is offline Find More Posts by bitzerj
Old Mar 13, 2010, 07:54 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevgeniy View Post
Transmitter (not module) warning level selection, at least for voltage. Individual for each model.

External voltage sensors will be availiable ? It could be nice, but where this info is from ?
Sensor station specs and pictures are in the Hitec 2010 catalog.
There are no external "sensors", the sensor station just has 4 voltage inputs where you plug connectors with wires of the voltages you want to measure.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Mar 13, 2010, 05:13 PM
most exalted one
Canada, BC, Blind Bay
Joined Aug 2002
3,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitzerj View Post
Not sure if this is listed.

When you initialize the receiver hold the servo positions to a predetermined position (maybe use the failsafe settings). When I turn on the TX and then turn on the RX , the control surfaces move to some built in preset and then quickly snap back to the right positions once the link is established. This happens quickly, but the process is moving some of the surfaces to points where they can damage the plane.

Another suggestion. Allow for And/Or switch assignments. Example, activate a flight mode by using Switch X or Switch Y. I like to toggle my Thermal flight mode with the spring loaded switch (for quick blips, flying low in ridge lift) or use an On/Off for longer activations (normal thermal activity).

Hope this makes sense,

John
I think this was mentioned more than a few times and Hitec Korea was investigating. It's been months and I don't remember hearing anything. ?????
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Mar 13, 2010, 05:43 PM
United States, WI, Kenosha
Joined Aug 2004
82 Posts
I would like to see the Flap Control system to be improved to allow for the delay of both the flaps and any associated elevator compensation.

In my JR 9303 this is a simple activity of adding delay value in the Flap System. Here is a link to a setup document for the JR 9303 which documents that process. You can see it on the bottom of page 4. http://www.jrradios.com/ProdInfo/Files/p51setup.pdf

This is beneficial to most any warbird to smooth the input of flaps without pitch up/pitch down in the application of the flaps.
bhouin is offline Find More Posts by bhouin
Last edited by bhouin; Mar 13, 2010 at 08:00 PM. Reason: added missing link
Old Mar 15, 2010, 07:28 AM
Joined Sep 2006
16 Posts
Hi, I'm a guy new to RC Groups,... I usually read and think a lot before writing, but when I write... I write (this does mean:" sorry for the LONG post)

First of all I want to thanks Mike a lot for solving issues I had with my A9 (from request to solution it took about 4 hours, isn't that a very very low latency? )

- In the meanwhile I'd like to see what Hitec has 'approved', so we achieve peace of mind and stop asking (and start waiting )
A sort of official lists group that could be on the top of the thread:
- Features already implemented in actual firmware release (I mean: "stop asking and RTFM and/or this list" )
- Features already implemented in the next to come firmware
- Features approved but still to be implemented
- pending approval (any user can vote the feature to give Hitec an idea of our priority)
- rejected (cannot be implemented due to explained technical limitation... ex: The A9 cannot connect to the web and dowload the new firmware of your hely ESC and upgrade it while flying because... it could be dangerous )

My suggestions follow... starting with the most important:

Model fine tuning:
- command dead band and acceleration setting, at least on throttle and rudder (gyro)
The dead band is a zone around the center (and endpoints) that you must go beyond for the servo to become moving.
The acceleration is the contrary (learned from, more than ten years ago, and massively used on my Futaba 3VC, now I really need it for the GP750 GYRO from Align), as soon as you move the stick, the control jumps immediately to the end of the dead band of the gyro/servo/ESC, assuming the deadband does exist, cannot be eliminated from the model, and you do not want it.
This way we eliminate both electronic unwanted dead bands and some mechanical unwanted slops.

Both could be achieved using a input output curve mix on the same command (or using a slave command to pass through), but the curve must give the possibility to set the points position (x axis), other than the values (y axis)

Example: acceleration curve: 5 points (positions: -100, -0,1, 0, 0,1, 100), with values: -100, -5, 0, 3, 100. This way we get rid of 5% left and 3% right slop/dead band.

Alarm:
- Voltage alarm per model is a must. dual / triple would be nice. (ex: 9.6 one beep, 9.3 two beeps, and 9.0 five beeps)
I think at the moment it has to be defined through the HPP cause it's a module feature, why not to make it a TX feature?

Model Safety:
- minimum recorded SPC voltage displayed (it appens whe you accelerate hard, and usually when you accelerate hard you are not watching the tx display).

Gyro:
- Gyro gain that could be reversed, in just one of the dual rates for HH+Rate gyros.
- Control command that controls separately the gain for each one of the dual rates for HH+Rate gyros.

Alarm:
- different alarms type/volume per event: the timer could be low, not to be annoyng, while the battery MUST be different and louder (at least the last battery alarm)

Audio interface:
- Different event audio: each event could have a different (simple) effect (Bip, Biiiiip, Bop, Click, tic, toc, trrrrok) with different volume (NO, Low, Mid, Hi, Max).
I mean the trimmers could 'click' or 'tic', while the software +/- buttons could 'toc' etc.

- Trimmers could sound at a different frequency for the position (Walkera radio trimmers act this way)

Models programming:
- can copy (merge) only some setting from an existing model (ex throttle curve from one or more flight mode)

Model fine tuning:
- sinus compensation to have all linear travels

Safety
- my walkera radio has the possibility to assing an ID number to a model, this way the receiver 'arm' only when the number is recognized (it's a model match feature, dunno if it's allowed by spektrum license when made this way). (the actual model display and confirmation is OK, but this way could be better)

- some time my radio beeps and I do not know what does she want to say (add a frame that pops up for a second that show alarm information, customizable if small, big or 'full screen, and that lasts for a secon, for three, or until tapped (disabling screen lock until tapped))

- rename all flight modes, including normal and hold

- screen touchlock 2 min, 3 min and 5 min.

- I use speed transitions for my flight modes, it would be nice to hear
trr.trr.trr.trr.trr.bip, to know while it's transitioning and when it's ended

Well, I think it could be enough for my first post

thanks to all of you for being here

ps.: sorry for my english, it's not my primary language
michelevar is offline Find More Posts by michelevar
Old Mar 15, 2010, 09:28 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined May 2005
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobinett View Post
Would like to see a high aileron to rudder mix activated by the flap/throttle stick position. This would be for gliders coming in for landing to increase the rudder mix to a higher rate for increase rudder travel.
+1 on this. It would be great to have the throttle stick activate a Flight mode (on/off) with settable thresh hold.

What would be really cool is if "aileron to rudder mix" and aileron and elevator dual rates could be proportionally increased in relation to the throttle stick position in a flight mode.

As you lower the flaps, aileron to rudder mix is increased proportionally instead of on/off.
Example: you don't need as much aileron to rudder mix at half flap as you do at full, the same is true as airspeed is lowered with the use of flaps concerning elevator and aileron response, proportionally increasiing throw would be better here.
If these rates could be increased proportionally it would make a truly smooth transition into a Landing flight mode.

This might be a software programming nightmare to implement so, bottom line, a flight mode on/off switch on the throttle stick would be great.

John
jbaird is offline Find More Posts by jbaird