HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by BRENDAN LUGO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 08:38 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
...Also since the Optima receivers will be able to measure airspeed in the future...
How this ? Maybe GPS speed, not air.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2010, 12:04 PM
Greece, Attica, Piraeus
Joined Jun 2004
1,133 Posts
Quote:
How this ? Maybe GPS speed, not air.
That's true but you never know, maybe Hitec will open the protocol thus allow me (or anyone else)
to convert a usual airspeed sensor such the Eagletree for use with the Optima receiver.
They can do it also as Ground speed does not mean much for flying an airplane
only for navigation and determining the wind maybe.
To me it seems that stalling has killed more planes than interference and since we solved that problem it is time to solve the other critical one.
I know that i would buy such a radio for this only as i fly jets and my worst fear is stalling turning from
basic to final.
It isn't a problem flying a Boomerang but the F16 types are a nightmare to fly and land properly.
Many fadecs (jet engine control) already use an airspeed sensor for protecting the plane from over speeding but not for stall although it could also be done rather easily in this case (with fadec firmware upgrade of course)
In any case it is safer for the pilot to have control over the low end engine power.
Imagine a radio with stall warning.....
Chris
hendrix is offline Find More Posts by hendrix
Last edited by hendrix; Jan 30, 2010 at 12:26 PM. Reason: more details
Old Jan 30, 2010, 12:45 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,667 Posts
Even if they don't open the protocole, I imagine the temperature sensors are analog, when first will be out, we can try to find what's inside.
Adapting a Pitot tube airspeed to output a proper voltage wil be easy enough, imo.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jan 31, 2010, 04:58 PM
Watts is where its at!
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2004
1,741 Posts
Lets see...
  • Per model customizable SPC voltage alarm. I have models that run 2S, 3S, 4S and 2S A123. All need different alarm voltages. Adjustable in 0.1V increments.
  • User accessible screen calibration and contrast control.
  • Dual rates can have in flight adjustment.
  • Stick position switches. I get asked by Futaba pilots of this feature quite a bit.
  • Some way to have the Tx be a Windows Joystick via USB dongle.
  • Optional audio feedback when a flight mode changes. (could be a tone or beep sequence).

2.) Unique tones when a flight mode is engaged.

Not software related: Separate the SPC port from the battery in port on the 9+ channel receivers.
racerxky is offline Find More Posts by racerxky
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2010, 08:01 PM
Toowoomba,Australia
Joined Jul 2002
210 Posts
1. Servo limit function: the ability to choose a absolute maximum of servo drive for each servo and direction
2. The ability to choose the limit for battery voltage alarm (for transmitter and receiver battery)
3. A timer reset "button"
4. On the trainer menu, have the option to select any of the 9 channels
5. per model customizable SPC voltage alarm

Eddie
Electraflyit is offline Find More Posts by Electraflyit
Old Feb 06, 2010, 11:25 AM
Plano, TX
Joined Nov 2006
2,218 Posts
Fail safe switch in the 7ch and 9ch RX to power off the receiver power system.
fatcat220 is offline Find More Posts by fatcat220
Old Feb 08, 2010, 09:54 AM
LAN
Sweden, Östergötland, Valdemarsvik
Joined Oct 2003
457 Posts
It would be really nice if the telemetry data could be saved in the transmitter in a simplified form. I don't mean extensive logging, but just some key figures for the last flights. It could be a simple list that keeps the last three flights in memory (or however many flights would fit in the memory), listed by model name and with figures like top speed, average speed, top altitude and other data that easily can be determined from the telemetry data flow.

Edit: Or even easier, save the last flight of each model, and make the data accessible under a new icon. Overwrite the data at every power cycle, but only if I say "Yes" at the transmit prompt. Then I could access the data afterwards, as long as I don't choose transmit, and minimum memory will be needed. Alternatively, there could be a "Reset telemetry" function that I would have to select before I make a new flight.

To assume the average flier would bring a PC in the field to download data in realtime is not very realistic. Storing key data in the transmitter would make the telemetry functions much more useful for regular "Sunday fliers". This would also be a strong point when comparing to the other brands (Spektrum just announced telemetry, and I am sure the others will follow shortly).

/Leif
LAN is offline Find More Posts by LAN
Last edited by LAN; Feb 08, 2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old Feb 08, 2010, 03:46 PM
B72
Arthur,Ontario, Canada
Joined Jan 2006
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRCnut View Post
I second the 'cross trim' option... trim buttons assignable independently from sticks.
I third this request. I have wanted this on my radios since before they were computerized!!
B72 is offline Find More Posts by B72
Old Feb 10, 2010, 01:40 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,196 Posts
Com'on guys... let's stay on topic!

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Feb 13, 2010, 05:52 AM
Toowoomba,Australia
Joined Jul 2002
210 Posts
Also could we have D/R Expo and Offset availible on AUX channels as well.
Eddie
Old Feb 13, 2010, 02:39 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Joined Sep 2000
4,196 Posts
Please explain the scenario where this would be used?

Mike.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 05:04 PM
Toowoomba,Australia
Joined Jul 2002
210 Posts
Mike

I posted on the main thread as well but the gist off what I was trying to do using a AUX channel was to pan a camera using the LS but at times needing it to return to an exact position, very hard to do precisly with the slider.
I was looking for a way to use a switch to override the slider. I thought I might be able to mix a channel into its self, set the position and add it to a switch. But you can't mix channels to themselves (as in a JR).
So then I wondered if I could use D/R and set it to 0,0 and offset to the fixed position I needed, then placed on a switch, hence the request for D/R on the AUX channels.

I guess I just made another request. The abbility to mix a channel into it's self. (I found this very handy on the JR.)

I don't know if either of these would work but I can't try without the software/program to try.

Is there another way of doing this?

Thanks Eddie
Old Feb 13, 2010, 10:12 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Joined Sep 2000
4,196 Posts
You can notch a detente into the slider... I show how to do this somewhere. In the future, this will be standard. This way you know exactly where the center of the slider is. There is typically more than one way to do something with the Aurora so with a little time, I'm sure there is a way to get the override whether it's mixing or flight condition of something else.

Mike.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 02:13 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Aurora Slider - DIY Centre Detente (Notch) Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
You can notch a detente into the slider... I show how to do this somewhere. In the future, this will be standard. This way you know exactly where the center of the slider is. There is typically more than one way to do something with the Aurora so with a little time, I'm sure there is a way to get the override whether it's mixing or flight condition of something else. Mike.
"One of the problems is the lack of a center detente. We've modded the sliders and added it, which makes the them less prone to being bumped, and you always know true center. In the future this will be standard with the Aurora. The mod is relatively simple, just remove the slider and notch a spot in the middle and reinstall. Only do this if you're comfortable w/disassembling the transmitter. -Mike."
"I just used an Xacto to make a notch in the center"- Mike.
"Everyone I've done so far has worked properly; just take care to make the notch in the center. I've done it without disassembling the slider unit, but as you see in the pic it's easier to line it up if you do.' - Mike.

Aurora issued since Mar2010 have new sliders which include a detent.
added 06Aug10 Aurora 9 slider center detent
Q: Just got my radio, and am frustrated that the sliders don't line up mechanically and electronically. When I slide the sliders there is a physical detent, which does NOT line up with the electronic graph center of the function I'm setting up.....the beep that tells where the center is is alligned with the graphic/electronic center, but it's pretty hard to stop on a beep!
Is this a known issue? Perhaps on the fix-it list?
A: This is a calibration issue. It's been discussed in the past in the Aurora thread in the general section. To get the beep/detent/graph lined up correctly we would need to recalibrate the channels. - Breandan Lugo

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Last edited by A.T.; Aug 06, 2010 at 03:39 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 10:18 AM
Plano, TX
Joined Nov 2006
2,218 Posts
I don't know if it is appropriate to add to the telemtry wish list here or not, but any how... I'd like to be able to measure the voltage change and total servo current while in flight. I've measured this stuff on the ground, but not under flight loads.
fatcat220 is offline Find More Posts by fatcat220