SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by BRENDAN LUGO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 11:16 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptabl View Post
A reset button on the timer screen would be usefull.
Yes please. Or at least allow to reset timer when not running. I have my timer set to about 20% throttle. So when I land, then swap the planes battery, then go to fly again I have to hold the plane with the throttle running to reset the timer. I would like to be able to just zero the timer when not running or have a reset button added.

Thanks!

Don
The Don is offline Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2010, 09:19 AM
Hitec service
San Diego
Joined Nov 2004
687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Yes please. Or at least allow to reset timer when not running. I have my timer set to about 20% throttle. So when I land, then swap the planes battery, then go to fly again I have to hold the plane with the throttle running to reset the timer. I would like to be able to just zero the timer when not running or have a reset button added.

Thanks!

Don
Just press the timer area on the main screen and it will take you to the timer screen where you can press reset for the new battery.
BRENDAN LUGO is offline Find More Posts by BRENDAN LUGO
Old Jan 21, 2010, 06:50 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENDAN LUGO View Post
Just press the timer area on the main screen and it will take you to the timer screen where you can press reset for the new battery.
When I press a non running timer it takes me to the timer programming menu, there is no reset button in that menu on my screen only "INH"

If the timer is running you just touch the running timer and it will reset to zero, if the timer is not runnign you should be able to do the same thing. I hand launch almost all my models so it would make life easier this way. I see no reason why it resets only when running but goes to the menu when not running. The timer setup menu can already be accessed from the system menu. Anyhow that is my wish, that the timer can be reset by touching it not only when running (as it already does) but also when not running.

Don
The Don is offline Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2010, 12:32 PM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,420 Posts
Hello

This is my first post here, but this thread was the reason for me to join rcgroups, since one week ago I go my Aurora 9 (should replace the Royal Evo).

For me the most urgent problem is the "soft" EndPointAdjustment.

But what about opening the Development Environment? The Aurora 9 is (I think) a great piece of hardware, and some of us might be willing to try to create software, so if there would be an emulator, and a development environment ...

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Jan 22, 2010, 12:41 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,657 Posts
Hitec, are you listening ? What fine developers team you can have for (almost) free ...
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jan 22, 2010, 05:40 PM
most exalted one
BC Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,534 Posts
I want no part of "open source" open development environments when flying my models. Liability issues alone....!
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Jan 23, 2010, 08:43 AM
H-F
Joined Jan 2010
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4*60 View Post
I want no part of "open source" open development environments when flying my models. Liability issues alone....!
Well, in that case, get a Futaba w/ Windows CE...

FYI: http://docs.google.com/viewer?url=ht...3_ballista.pdf
H-F is offline Find More Posts by H-F
Old Jan 23, 2010, 01:10 PM
most exalted one
BC Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,534 Posts
Open source or CE?? A lot more choices than that available. All better.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Jan 23, 2010, 07:18 PM
Joined Dec 2008
28 Posts
Me and the majority of electric flyers are waiting desperately for the ability to set an alarm on the SPC voltage reading.

Today i almost didn't make it back to the runway because I forgot to look at the TX screen all the time to check the battery voltage.

You can argue we can always be looking to the screen every minute near the expected end of the flight, but that is a real PITA, specially when we know the ability to set an SPC voltage alarm per model is a very easy to implement software feature.
RJSC is offline Find More Posts by RJSC
Old Jan 24, 2010, 07:06 PM
Plano, TX
Joined Nov 2006
2,218 Posts
I would like:

1. Transmitter Voice cues that could be used for:
a. Flight timer count (ie "one minute"...)
b. SBC low voltage warning
c. Transmitter low voltage warning

2. On screen flight check list, customizable by the user.
fatcat220 is offline Find More Posts by fatcat220
Old Jan 24, 2010, 07:14 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,294 Posts
I would like a timer for a motor on a switch....For F5B and F5J (If we ever get an F5J).
Kenny Sharp is offline Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Jan 25, 2010, 01:38 AM
Montpellier,France
Joined Dec 2008
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcat220 View Post
I would like:

1. Transmitter Voice cues that could be used for:
a. Flight timer count (ie "one minute"...)
b. SBC low voltage warning
c. Transmitter low voltage warning

2. On screen flight check list, customizable by the user.
'screen flight check list'. That's a new idea, at least new to me ! I can think of people who would certainly love that . and I can also think of others who would need it for sure .
bruno34 is offline Find More Posts by bruno34
Old Jan 25, 2010, 08:58 AM
Plano, TX
Joined Nov 2006
2,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno34 View Post
'screen flight check list'. That's a new idea, at least new to me ! I can think of people who would certainly love that . and I can also think of others who would need it for sure .
I really started doing a serious flight check prior to each flight after I started flying my 3DHS 89" Slick. There's nothing like an 18-19lbs plane that cost more than you can afford to get your attention! Now this habbit has migrated to everything I fly. It would be nice to have all in one place, like the A9 transmitter. Heck if it is good enough for general aviation, it should be good enough for us too! It wouldn't have to be complicated. A notes area that you could type in a list of stuff to look at before flying. A better, slightly more complicated version would require the pilot to tap the screen before the transmitter would transmit. I know a lot of pilots that would find this a pain so it should only be an option, not a requirement. Personally, I need all the help I can get!
fatcat220 is offline Find More Posts by fatcat220
Old Jan 26, 2010, 04:35 PM
Ireland, Dublin, Dublin City
Joined Jan 2010
293 Posts
I wish the delete key in the program naming section was a repeating key like on a PC keyboard, having to press it multiple times to erase an entry is very annoying.

Thanks.

R.
Raymo99 is offline Find More Posts by Raymo99
Old Jan 30, 2010, 07:44 AM
Greece, Attica, Piraeus
Joined Jun 2004
1,133 Posts
To add two more thing in this big list, i hope Hitec will change the master mode and allow the user to select any channel to be be used from the slave tx.
With the current configuration there is no way to add a head tracker for FPV to the Aurora since only the 4 first channels can be mixed with the ppm input from the trainer plug's input.
Also since the Optima receivers will be able to measure airspeed in the future
why don't you add a adjustable stall warning in the Aurora (like the Cessna stall sound) or better a stick shaker?
Chris
hendrix is offline Find More Posts by hendrix