HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by BRENDAN LUGO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:16 PM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Aug 2011
1,083 Posts
I would consider it. I'd have to wait and see how it shakes out first.
copperbricks is offline Find More Posts by copperbricks
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2012, 03:50 AM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
Wow, from a team Hitec guy too.

I guess that explains why it seems like Hitec have dropped the ball with the A9 for the last 2 years.

- I disagree.

I wont be buying the next Hitec radio after the A9. The AFHSS system is great, the programming has been a severe let down though. So much potential, whos to say hitec wont do the same again?
A severe let down? That's a bit severe!

There is more programming options than that a equivalent priced radio (Futaba T8j, 8FG, Spektrum DX8, JR XG8, Graupner MX-16, etc, etc, etc), with a easy to use interface. Yes its not perfect, but no radio is.

If any more than 9 channels are added, then the A-FHSS module would have to be updated/replaced. As it currently stands, the current protocol doesn't support more than 9 channels.

Si.
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:29 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,247 Posts
9 Channels is heaps, thats not my point.

Ive had the A9 since release, still use it now until I work out what I can bang the AFHSS module into.

You try program complex sailplanes setups, or anything even slightly un conventional and youll see where it all turns pearshaped. The programming structure, despite what hitecs tag line for the A9 is, isnt very flexible at all. You cant even mix a channel to itself, which is basic stuff that even early computer radios can do. Hell a $30 hobbyking 9X with the right firmware (open source) can do everything the A9 can (and more).

Some stuff has work around and bandaid fixes to make stuff work, but it shouldnt be like that.

With better programming on Hitecs behalf, resulting in better usability on the pilots behalf. It COULD have been a weapon radio, it should have been. At the moment its just flawed and waiting to be replaced.

Imagine how different this wouldve been if Hitec went open source with the firmware.
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:45 AM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,921 Posts
"...mix a channel to itself..". Wow, I dream of being able to understand under what circumstances you would want to do that. Sounds a bit onanistic to me....
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:51 AM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,921 Posts
Oh, and I don't share your negative assessment of the A9. It's not perfect, but I find the programming great, and it's excellent value for money.

Chris
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:24 AM
liv nvrtd
United States, NC, Salisbury
Joined Jun 2007
185 Posts
notruthless is offline Find More Posts by notruthless
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:57 PM
D-32052 Herford (NRW) germany
Joined Jun 2009
38 Posts
bug at timer

Hello,

the timer at Trottle start not with the trottel chanel.

the timer starts only with a stick.

at heli i have trottle at a phase or switch.

in an update it would be nice if the channel is starts the timer and not a stick

MfG Joachim
jbartels is offline Find More Posts by jbartels
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:39 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,247 Posts
^ been asked for years ago

The timer on throttle is goofy as.

Dont hold your breath
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Jan 02, 2013, 05:47 AM
Croatia, City of Zagreb, Zagreb
Joined Jan 2012
1 Posts
Hi,

First of all I wish You all the best in NY !

I don't know if this has been here already, but....
It woult be great if we could choose wether we want a minute beep using the timer or not.

I personally use electric powered glider and have set up both of the timers, one on a stick which counts time in the air, and second one on a throttle counting how much time I was using motor.
Try to imagine how long this flights can be and how annoying a minute beep can be.

It would be great to make it user selectable if we want a minute beep or not. I believe that could be easily integrated in the sys.mgmt menu by the warning sounds.
eg.

Warning alarms--> Yes/No
Timer minute beep--> Yes/No
backspin is offline Find More Posts by backspin
Old Jan 03, 2013, 07:29 AM
Argentina
Joined Nov 2010
12 Posts
Wish a good new Year for all you people

I agree with Backspin about timers
volarealsur is offline Find More Posts by volarealsur
Old Jun 22, 2013, 08:30 AM
Joined Feb 2006
65 Posts
Voice announcing

I was wondering if there is any plans for increasing the flexibility with hts voice announcing system. For example, time options for announcements. Transmitter alarms in voice as an option. time lapse before first announcements??
heliloco is offline Find More Posts by heliloco
Old Aug 15, 2013, 06:26 PM
Joined Dec 2010
456 Posts
RSSI Bars On TX
Thermal Hobby is offline Find More Posts by Thermal Hobby
Old Aug 16, 2013, 03:50 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermal Hobby View Post
RSSI Bars On TX
. Aurora 9 - Trainer - Selective all 9Ch Pass-Through & RSSI Information On wish list.
If and When implementation is confirmed will be promptly advised. Mar 09, 2011, 05:21 AM

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS 2.4Ghz Module, Transceivers_Receivers & Telemetry,
- FAQ, Setups & Tips {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 02:18 AM
Joined Apr 2012
39 Posts
Now the 9X has been out for quite some time, and when it came out there was some talk about it having more memory to enable doing things in the software that have been impossible with the original 9. How much of this has been realized? Softwarewise, I feel a bit stuck with the 9. There are so many little things that have been discussed in this thread and elsewhere that bug people.

I'm very happy with the A9 hardware, the range it provides with the Optima receivers etc, but every time I program a new plane, especially a glider with a number of flight conditions, I get a headache. I'm not going into the details, there are thousands of posts about the issues (yes, I'll elaborate if someone wants), I'm more interested in whether Hitec has actually made significant improvements in the programming logic and is the rate of improvements increasing at all from what it was with A9 without X?

Mika
FlyerMika is offline Find More Posts by FlyerMika
Old Oct 08, 2013, 05:23 AM
Joined Sep 2012
78 Posts
IF only Hitec could get it together to a) sort out the difference between Tx and the HTS-Voice readings b) have sink/lift tone from the HTS-Voice...I would be one very happy customer, as I would imagine countless others.
mark_snipz is offline Find More Posts by mark_snipz