HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by BRENDAN LUGO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 09:35 PM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Aug 2011
1,083 Posts
I think it'd be neat if we could set up a preflight checklist, like with the dx18t. With the touchscreen it should be a piece of cake
copperbricks is offline Find More Posts by copperbricks
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:10 PM
< 1100W in Seattle
Joined Mar 2006
327 Posts
Try a post it note, it'll save us all $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
LowWatts is offline Find More Posts by LowWatts
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:31 AM
Sloping the Financial Cliff
USA, CA, Santee
Joined Oct 2007
2,444 Posts
At this point I would be happy with a full travel b-fly mode that also could be set as a flight condition..........
B-fly travel programmable for -150% to 150% on flaps and
If you move the throttle stick to activate b-fly ( b-fly goes from 0 to 1 depending on where you set the triggerpoint. I love this off set function!) it also triggers the b-fly flight condition and all my travel, differential and mixes for a precision landing magically switch on because it is a flight condition.
Yes only two things
fcbflyer is offline Find More Posts by fcbflyer
Old Jul 09, 2012, 06:28 AM
Česká republika, Hlavní město Praha, Praha
Joined Jan 2007
37 Posts
Does someone from hitec still read this ?
warhawk.cz is offline Find More Posts by warhawk.cz
Old Jul 09, 2012, 07:51 AM
a.k.a. GlideZilla
Australia, VIC, Macleod
Joined Sep 2003
203 Posts
Only AT.
Dean.roberts is offline Find More Posts by Dean.roberts
Old Jul 09, 2012, 10:50 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,247 Posts
Course Hitec reads this.... they're just out making the next radio to fit into the new 18 channel radios.

Re reminder to shut down the TX, wishlist... add a accelerometer in the TX so that if it remains motionless for more than 5 min and is on a voice note starts saying, Transmitter is still on. I could even live with the same safty feature on a jet ski etc where you have a key around your wrist that you have to unplug as your TX on/off switch so that its not as easy to forget that you've left it on.

Timers. Wishlist.... Three timers.
Always have the option to silence any individual audible timer by touching the timer on the touch screen.
Continue to have any number of audible sound bits, owners choice (say limit to 10), from the SD.
1) Count up timer stick/slider/switch activated to start and stop above a certain stick/slider/switch setting.
2) Count down timer, allowing Flight mode to engage at a assignable time, stick/slider/switch activated. Count down timer to read out time each minute eg "three minutes left".... till in the last minute, 40 seconds left, 30 seconds left, 20 second left, 10 seconds, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 followed by countup 30 second interval audible note, "30 seconds over", followed by minute intervals over.
3) TX on connected to particular RX timer to monitor how long your TX has been talking to a particular RX. This portion could also add a check list.

The combinations above should cover TX monitoring, Pack time monitoring, did you leave it on monitoring, its time to land monitoring and even timing of a flight routine when to enter into a certain portion of a flight plan.

None of the above being expensive seeing that we have disposable toys with similar electronics for near nothing all over.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 09, 2012, 11:23 AM
Low altitude flyboy
Minneapolis
Joined May 2010
325 Posts
Good timer ideas, but I think the best idea for the timer is that it actually keeps time instead of just guessing. 10 seconds off for every minute is pretty bad. A very sore spot for me. I'm patiently waiting to see if they can fix that serious issue.
MajorMal is offline Find More Posts by MajorMal
Old Jul 09, 2012, 11:30 AM
North West UK
Joined Nov 2010
347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorMal View Post
Good timer ideas, but I think the best idea for the timer is that it actually keeps time instead of just guessing. 10 seconds off for every minute is pretty bad. A very sore spot for me. I'm patiently waiting to see if they can fix that serious issue.
I agree. My sand filled egg timer is more accurate.
Roblister is offline Find More Posts by Roblister
Old Jul 09, 2012, 11:32 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,247 Posts
Quote:
True and it should be fixable but if the offset is accurately known then you can recalibrate your timing with an extra 10 sec/min.

But ya I'd add that to a wish list... accurately calibrated time.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 09, 2012, 12:17 PM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean.roberts View Post
Only AT.
AT not "read". AT register; search memory collate banks; AT post. AT down stand .
Woodstock 1 is online now Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old Jul 09, 2012, 12:19 PM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperbricks View Post
I think it'd be neat if we could set up a preflight checklist, like with the dx18t. With the touchscreen it should be a piece of cake
If that is introduced and not deletable, then my radio will become a frisbee ...
Woodstock 1 is online now Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old Jul 09, 2012, 02:06 PM
Low altitude flyboy
Minneapolis
Joined May 2010
325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
True and it should be fixable but if the offset is accurately known then you can recalibrate your timing with an extra 10 sec/min.

But ya I'd add that to a wish list... accurately calibrated time.
I haven't checked if its exactly the same every time. Good Idea though. I read somewhere here that the error is different if you're not transmitting.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 03:00 PM
Česká republika, Hlavní město Praha, Praha
Joined Jan 2007
37 Posts
Quote:
I haven't checked if its exactly the same every time. Good Idea though. I read somewhere here that the error is different if you're not transmitting.
Yes, this is right. You can find pictures in one of my topic. There is comparison with my cellphone, when radio are transmitting or not.

By the way, I went through last few pages and people in this thread seems to be unhappy with FW updates, poor B-fly mix (using camber for FLAPS offset ?!?!) , but when I mentioned it in my thread, I was named really badly and got information that everything is excellent.

I am afraid, that we are going to have new Hitec's radio sooner than new FW with bugfixes.
warhawk.cz is offline Find More Posts by warhawk.cz
Last edited by warhawk.cz; Jul 09, 2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 04:06 PM
Low altitude flyboy
Minneapolis
Joined May 2010
325 Posts
I've been biting my tongue.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 07:03 AM
Joined Sep 2011
2 Posts
Is there a possibility that a variometer output could be provided based on height readings from the GPS module (this would require a simple software revision although it isn't certain how valuable the result would be). As in a full size glider the output could be used to provide an audio output (while trying to ensure this cannot be confused with other sounds).
Robert Grey is offline Find More Posts by Robert Grey