HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by BRENDAN LUGO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 02:06 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Benndorf View Post
Hi,just got my Blue Sensor Stations and i'm measuring the main battery voltage now on all my helis. I would be really happy with my A9 but one thing is absolutely annoying: when i disconnect the helis battery it starts beeping and i cannot stop it - except by switching it off. Hitec: Please do something... ASAP! THX Chris
Already covered, please refer to "Battery Low Voltage Alarm"
AFHSS - Aurora & Spectra 2.4Ghz module - Warning Beeps

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers & Telemetry - FAQ & Undocumented Features

Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2011, 05:10 AM
Deutschland, RP, Altleiningen
Joined Jul 2011
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
Thanks, Alan, but i don't find a solution to my problem in there...

My Rex 600E has two batteries - one for RX (SPC, 2 cells) and one for flight (BlueSS, 6 cells). The alarm for the flight battery is set to 20.4 volts. The A9 should (and does) beep when reaching that limit. But when i disconnect the flight battery the A9 starts beeping too (every time!) and i am not able to stop that - except by reconnecting the battery or switching off the A9. The same thing happens with all my 6 cell helis but not with the 3 cell Rex 450.

What i'm asking for is a way to acknowledge the warning so the A9 stops beeping without switching it off. I would like to check the telemetry data after flight without risking to start the heli by accident.

Danke & Gre
Chris
Chris Benndorf is offline Find More Posts by Chris Benndorf
Old Nov 27, 2011, 10:45 AM
Oak Ridge, NC
Joined Jun 2006
1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Benndorf View Post
Thanks, Alan, but i don't find a solution to my problem in there...

My Rex 600E has two batteries - one for RX (SPC, 2 cells) and one for flight (BlueSS, 6 cells). The alarm for the flight battery is set to 20.4 volts. The A9 should (and does) beep when reaching that limit. But when i disconnect the flight battery the A9 starts beeping too (every time!) and i am not able to stop that - except by reconnecting the battery or switching off the A9. The same thing happens with all my 6 cell helis but not with the 3 cell Rex 450.

What i'm asking for is a way to acknowledge the warning so the A9 stops beeping without switching it off. I would like to check the telemetry data after flight without risking to start the heli by accident.

Danke & Gre
Chris
Another option is to ditch the seperate battery for your SPC port, and run a line from the ESC plug that plugs into the flight battery straight to your SPC port. You will then get your flight pack telemetry, and can set your alarm. I run this setup in my electric helis and it works great.
CSpaced is offline Find More Posts by CSpaced
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2011, 02:12 PM
Deutschland, RP, Altleiningen
Joined Jul 2011
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSpaced View Post
Another option is to ditch the seperate battery for your SPC port, and run a line from the ESC plug that plugs into the flight battery straight to your SPC port. You will then get your flight pack telemetry, and can set your alarm. I run this setup in my electric helis and it works great.
Does not help! It would still be beeping after disconnecting the flight pack, like it does on my Atom 500 (6 cell directly to SPC, no extra RX battery). Same setup with 3 cells (T-Rex 450 Pro) does not beep after disconnecting.
Chris Benndorf is offline Find More Posts by Chris Benndorf
Old Nov 30, 2011, 06:17 AM
Joined Nov 2011
9 Posts
I'd liked to see programmable warnings at turning on the transmitter.
Switch A = this position
Switch B = that position
-> Warning
DelTorres is offline Find More Posts by DelTorres
Old Dec 08, 2011, 03:32 AM
Joined May 2011
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers & Telemetry - FAQ & Undocumented Features

Alan T.
in your link it says:
"Voltage alarm may sound on Aurora when RX/Power battery is disconnected. This is because the telemetry cycles about 3 times/second, sometimes when you are unplugging the battery it will sense the voltage drop and the warning will kick in, but sometimes it won't because once you unplug the battery there is no signal going back to the TX. This is a hit and miss thing due to the way the system works."

this explains WHY it beeps, though it does not solve the problem.
or am I missing something?
why isn't it possible to turn off that beep e.g by touching the area of the screen where the voltage is displayed for, let's say, 3 seconds. as like resetting the counter!?
schnipa is offline Find More Posts by schnipa
Old Dec 15, 2011, 04:46 AM
nac
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
955 Posts
I thought there was a fix coming for the alarm when unplugging the main lipo. Eg. alarm silent button.

I'm still waiting Hitec.....
nac is offline Find More Posts by nac
Old Dec 21, 2011, 05:28 AM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Ok, my soiftware wish includes hardware as well.

I would like to have a channel update for the A9 expanding it to 14 channels. But same time Hitec would have to develop a 14 ch RX.....

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Old Dec 22, 2011, 03:02 AM
Paris france
Joined Oct 2008
81 Posts
o yes, +14 !!!
lud95 is offline Find More Posts by lud95
Old Dec 29, 2011, 03:01 PM
Joined Oct 2007
7 Posts
Wish List

Hi
I finally found something that would be usefull with our transmitters : A , "note pad " We can keep out notes on battery type and capacity , in the radio . Even keep a cycleing history . I think this would be nice .

Michel
Mike Gravelle is offline Find More Posts by Mike Gravelle
Old Jan 01, 2012, 04:51 AM
Joined Jan 2012
5 Posts
Rssi

RSSI - Received Signal Strength Indication (or at least lost packets, or both). It would be useful for long distance flying as well as for finding lost model...
(It would be a big competitive advantage!)
Woita is offline Find More Posts by Woita
Last edited by Woita; Jan 01, 2012 at 05:26 AM.
Old Jan 06, 2012, 05:42 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
2,134 Posts
How about adding a simple Flaps -> Aile Reflex -> Elev Mix to the Acro choices. Essentially, this would be like BFly / CROW for Glid, except that Flap activation off a switch would drive it. This would be a GREAT mix for landing warbirds or any plane with high wing loading.

After a lot of work, I somehow got this to work via the Cambmix for one model, but was not able to duplicate for another. It would be nice to have a canned mix available.
TTRotary is offline Find More Posts by TTRotary
Old Jan 07, 2012, 09:29 AM
vlr
Joined Oct 2009
1 Posts
Electric Fuel Gauge

Im flying 4-5 electric powered A/Cs. Telemetry is very usefull especially during tuning powerpant etc. One Sensor station is enough in this case. What would be great (and is available with other 2,4GHz systems already) is "fuel gauge" computing consumed Ah with adjustable sound warning. This would push me to install sensors into all of my aircrafts. Has HITEC intention to introduce such feature into some nearest SW version?
vlr is offline Find More Posts by vlr
Old Jan 09, 2012, 11:15 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2011
175 Posts
I don't want to start a separate thread for this- how about a rpm sensor for brushless motors? The kind that are already in use in other systems, that just compare the voltage zero-crossing on two motor phase wires. With all the electric systems now it seems odd there are speed/rpm sensors geared for helis and fuel planes...

If this has already been discussed I apologize, but a search revealed nothing on this.
SLOPERDUDE is offline Find More Posts by SLOPERDUDE
Old Jan 10, 2012, 04:28 AM
Česk republika
Joined Dec 2010
1 Posts
Hi.

I don't know if it is already here but some people from "rcmania.cz" describes problems with "stopwatch" in Aurora9.

1second in Aurora9 is not realy 1second. :-)

v 1.07

10min cyclus ---- aurora9 dislays 9:47

v 1.8

10min cyclus ---- Aurora9 (without transmitting) displays 8:42
10min cyclus ---- Aurora9 (with transmitting) displays 9:30

Can anybody check and fix this.

Thanks
mijou
mijou is offline Find More Posts by mijou
Last edited by mijou; Jan 10, 2012 at 04:40 AM.