HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by BRENDAN LUGO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 04, 2011, 04:31 PM
Bratislava,slovakia
Joined Apr 2010
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa78 View Post
1 - RSSI/Signal strength
2 - Selective trainer mode channel passthrough for all channels. Currently it is only implemented for the 4 basic channels. This is inadequate for a radio of this level and rather limiting for trainer and other uses.
3 - Option to disable beeping for a certain amount of time for voltage alarm after it starts beeping.
4 - Option to disable RF transmission/module by pressing and confirming with the AFHSS icon.
5 - Options to enter scan mode and binding mode from the System menu.
+1 for signal strength
PeppyK is offline Find More Posts by PeppyK
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2011, 02:29 AM
Deutschland, RP, Altleiningen
Joined Jul 2011
37 Posts
After unplugging the 6-cell battery of one of my helis my TX is beeping until it is switched off. It would be nice to have a way to acknowledge a low voltage warning so that the beeping can be stopped. I wonder why this does not happen with a 3-cell battery...?

Greets
Chris
Chris Benndorf is offline Find More Posts by Chris Benndorf
Old Aug 07, 2011, 06:02 AM
Deutschland, RP, Altleiningen
Joined Jul 2011
37 Posts
Dear Santa!

I would like to rearrange my "Model Select Menu" from time to time, without playing "towers of hanoi" by deleting and copying models.

And it would be nice being able to inhibit a flight condition. Than you could define a "Setup" condition without being afraid to select it by accident.

Greets
Chris
Chris Benndorf is offline Find More Posts by Chris Benndorf
Old Aug 08, 2011, 07:22 AM
...just an earth bound misfit
Joined Mar 2010
660 Posts
+1 donato, this would be the big win for helis, way more than a cyclic ring.

There is so much low hanging fruit on this list that I wonder about what will happen to my bank account when/if these features do/don't arrive.

Trainer port support for head trackers and sat-like receiver support for serial link to an FBL controller on a Mikado Logo or Henseleit TDR would probably relieve me of about 5k instantly. It may be a mixed blessing for now but at some point the itch will be scratched, and the 8FGHS is calling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donato.jun View Post
How about composite PPM? Some Flybarless system, like Skookum 720, BeastX e Mikado V-BAR support PPM receiver.

Maybe a opcional firmware upgrade for Optima 7 to provide de PPM Who needs S.BUS?
Dirt-Torpedo is offline Find More Posts by Dirt-Torpedo
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:54 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,370 Posts
Ah more channels.
How difficult would it be to bind multiple RXs, but assign TX channel outputs to each RX with the option to mirror or individually assign. So if I had two 6 channel RXs I could put all the flight controls on one RX and gear, thrust vectoring, or mirrored controls on the other RX.

The voltage and power source can be split etc. fail safe is more redundant and FPV can be dedicated.

Oh on each RX the option to program one or two mixes on the RX directly similar to the SM2 mixer. This would allow to vary the outputs from simple stick inputs.

Who knows...... scalable from smaller types or receivers.

Then telem the status back for each of them.
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:36 PM
Joined Feb 2011
22 Posts
i dont know if i just missed this, but i would like to have a programmable beeps on a stick position...anywhere i can put it on any stick position... lets say a midstick beep on my collective stick..... a beep sound every time the stick pass on that position... so that i will know im at 0 pitch in idle up or whatever purpose it may serve the pilot..

+1 for more channels(lets say 12+2)
+1 for signal strength

thanks HITEC

Lawrence
khymlawrence is offline Find More Posts by khymlawrence
Last edited by khymlawrence; Aug 10, 2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 12:21 PM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
957 Posts
This is my list of bug reports and feature requests for the Hitec firmware developers!

I've gone into a bit more detail than others probably have, and some of these comments probably will only make sense to the Hitec developers and those that have reversed engineered the communications buses (e.g. Aurora Advanced Telemetry thread). All these comments are based on all the current Firmware versions available right now.

1. Wattage bug (screen shots below) - This is not a problem at the moment as the Blue Sensor Station isn't released yet (unless your using a own DIY design), and your software dev's may have already fixed this for a future release. Anyway the wattage doesn't show when it’s above >900W on Current sensor screen reading and on the maximum wattage reading. However the current reading shows up fine on Ez-View and Cockpit views. Once the Blue Sensor Station is released, it’s something people will have to watch out for and will really need to upgrade their Aurora's before using their Blue Sensor Stations.

2. Current sensor non-linearity - Not so much of a bug, but a stinky mess! Again this may be fixed when the Blue Sensor Station is finally released, but I fear it won't! The Current Sensor data from the Sensor Station to the transmitter is completely non-linear. So for example, if you take a 30A reading and get a raw value (user won't see this, but it’s sent from the Sensor Station to the Optima, to the Aurora), it's not double the reading of say, 15A. I guess this is because the current sensors that are intended for use in the Sensor Station are non-linear, however this really should be corrected in the Sensor Station and sent out to the Aurora as a linear value, like how current the voltage, temperature, etc measurements are sent out - rather than the Aurora itself correcting this non-linearity. Even though this will work fine for the current Sensor Station 'Current Sensor', if Hitec changed suppliers/parts and/or third parties used different current sensors, then the non-linearity of those sensors will need to be converted in the new Sensor Stations to fit the old non-linearity. Hence potentially making a very messy situation further down the line. Something I feel ought to be fixed/sorted now, before the Sensor Station is officially released!

2. NACK/ACK bug - more of a technical hi-cup. When the Optima receiver is communicating with the Sensor Station, on the very last byte the Optima requests from the Sensor Station, according to the I2C specification, it should reply with a NACK. Currently it replies with an ACK, which confuses some I2C slave hardware (most notably Microchip PIC devices). The bug can be worked around, however the solution is messy and possibly could cause some devices (including future Hitec) come acropper. Would be a good problem to fix before too many new Sensor Station type devices force this problem to not be realistically fixed.

3. Feature enhancement - Being able to see the Current and Voltage consumed is ok for setting up models, however once its setup, it’s not something that you use that often. What would be an extremely useful feature would be to log the Ah consumed from the battery back and display it on the Aurora. So it would be then possible to instead of using flight timers to approximate when the flight power pack will be dead, to actually being able to know when it’s really time out. This probably could easily be implemented on the last byte in Packet Number 0x18 (the Hitec software developers will know which one I mean), with the Sensor Station keeping track of the battery usage, rather than the Aurora Transmitter.

4. Feature enhancement - Having a fuel gauge on the display is very useful, up until you need to see it! Apart from being very small, there is no audible indication that your tank is about to run dry. Just a simple audible beep here would be useful - A different tone beep would probably be necessary so fuel empty is disguisable from other beeps. Maybe a double beep for 4/5 seconds, like the flight timer expire beep.

Cheers,

Si.

P.s. It’s a great radio so far, and hats off to the all Hitec developers for doing such a good job.
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 14, 2011, 12:57 PM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2007
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khymlawrence View Post
i dont know if i just missed this, but i would like to have a programmable beeps on a stick position...anywhere i can put it on any stick position... lets say a midstick beep on my collective stick..... a beep sound every time the stick pass on that position... so that i will know im at 0 pitch in idle up or whatever purpose it may serve the pilot..

Lawrence
+1 for more feedback about the throttle position - however it is accomplished. Since the other 3 axis are centering, I don't need feedback nearly as much.

When you next do a hardware upgrade, please add voice synthesis instead of just beeps. Beeps all sound too similar, especially the ones that we don't hear very often.
Reegor is offline Find More Posts by Reegor
Old Aug 16, 2011, 03:45 AM
Derby England.
Joined Nov 2003
7 Posts
Hi All
I am mainly an electric glider pilot and I have just bought an Aurora 9 for its programming capabilities. I have a problem on using flight conditions. I can easily set up the flight conditions and switches etc but i am having difficulty in actually using them. It would be useful to have in the manual an example of setting up a model using flight conditions to achieve different settings for flaps differential and dual ratess etc. Is this possible or has someone already done it and I cannot find it?

Trevor
trevorwain is offline Find More Posts by trevorwain
Old Aug 17, 2011, 12:44 PM
Joined Aug 2009
20 Posts
Hi all
I would like to ask a Hitec support about, did you receive an email from jetigm@gmail.com about my bug report, I sent the .rar named "Bug report of Aurora 9 2011-08-15"? If yes, hope you improve the A9, if no, I post it here.

So here is the things I saw bad/not perfect for me:

Bug report
Firmware version 1.08(1)
Description of the bug: Incorrect symbol displaying.

Go to [Programmable Mixes] menu. Chose any mixer. For example 1. and click ACT.

Do not set the first parameter, leave it empty, go to second.

Chose any of available second parameters, for example AUX3.

Exit.

Click Select.
And here is first incorrect displaying.

Click NULL to select the switch.
And here is second incorrect displaying.

Te reason I don’t set the first parameter is, that I want to control servo from switch instead of stick? And I can’t find any way to do this except of this example yet.

How to improve interface and functionality.

When I set up the booth parameters, it is not exactly understood what to do next and is it setted up (booth parameters) or not, because there is no confirmation, and I must exit back and then click Select to configure the mixer.
Would be better to have some bottom like “Continue” at right, down position of the screen,

and by clicking it go to this screen.

Free mixers are not as free as I would like to.
I see the truly one free mixer like this: I can select any of control (sticks, switches, sliders, buttons) on the transmitter as the source of control and assign it to any of the channel at the receiver at least one or all at once and be able to configure each servo for reverse, sub-trim, epa, exp, and be able to set the name of each configured mixer.

There will be better to make a selectable displaying of the “Custom folder” icon on the main screen and Custom bookmark on the menu. I think this is questionable feature and for example I don’t use it and it even prevents me a little.

Why do you put “+” at left side and “-” at right side? I think more logically to swap them.

Not perfect centering labels in System and Model menus. Better to put them all perfect in the center.

In Model menu buttons Monitor and S.Speed would be logically to place at the end of the list because at first we have all mixers and this two functions are not mixers so I think batter to have them on the end.
jetigm is offline Find More Posts by jetigm
Last edited by jetigm; Aug 17, 2011 at 12:53 PM.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 05:54 PM
< 1100W in Seattle
Joined Mar 2006
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetigm View Post
Hi all
I would like to ask a Hitec support about, did you receive an email from jetigm@gmail.com about my bug report, I sent the .rar named "Bug report of Aurora 9 2011-08-15"? If yes, hope you improve the A9, if no, I post it here.

So here is the things I saw bad/not perfect for me:

Bug report
1. This is a Wish List Thread, NOT a Bug Report Thread.

2. Your first bug is only a bug because they didn't have error code programmed in for your lack of understanding mixes. Mixes are to mix one channel to another, NOT "nothing" to something.

3. You complained about the folder arrangement and fail to use/understand the Custom folder feature.

4. Your only post to RC Groups has been your negativity in this bug report. Why have you not asked questions in the Aurora 9 Discussion Thread? You'll find a very helpful group of people on the Aurora 9 Discussion Thread!

5. Most importantly - A way to program your servo USING "NO" mixes.
Example:
System menu>Channel>ch0AUX3:Null - Select Null then SEL. then pick a switch. Let's use "D", so select it and touch the Set. Exit out of the System.
Select Model>Monitor and view what happens to AUX3 when you flip the switch. Want to limit how far the servo travels? Change EPA limits. Want to slow the servo down IE: landing gear? S.Speed adjustment for AUX3.

6. Nothing is perfect and always the way we want it! Get used to it!
LowWatts is offline Find More Posts by LowWatts
Last edited by LowWatts; Aug 17, 2011 at 11:48 PM.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 06:04 PM
United States, CO, Avon
Joined Oct 2004
375 Posts
ZeekWorld is online now Find More Posts by ZeekWorld
Old Aug 18, 2011, 06:20 AM
Joined Aug 2009
20 Posts
LowWatts
What a negativity reply. Lets be more friendly. And by the way I am very happy with A9 and love it.
Ok, I'll try to explain some things.
Quote:
1. This is a Wish List Thread, NOT a Bug Report Thread.
So I wish to fix this bug You tell me that I put the post in incorrect tread, well, sorry for administrators, I find this first and thought that this is exactly what I need, I don't think I made a big mistake
Quote:
2. Your first bug is only a bug because they didn't have error code programmed in for your lack of understanding mixes. Mixes are to mix one channel to another, NOT "nothing" to something.
I understand how mixer works. But this situation is possible currently and it cause what I described. So firmware developers just missed this one I suppose. So this is exactly a bug. And if developers would be follow by your logic - that user should do only the right things than all be ok, than you can imagine how buggy software we would have. So because of that good software is idiot-proof.
Quote:
3. You complained about the folder arrangement and fail to use/understand the Custom folder feature.
I've read the manual and get the things about Custom folder. Also manual told us that we can put in Custom folder maximum 12 icons and the original menu is bigger, so that this folder is not related to the logic of sorting menu.
Quote:
4. Your only post to RC Groups has been your negativity in this bug report.
Absolutely not. As I said that I am very like this radio, and I only want from Hitec that they make it proper working (if it bugs which should not be) and I find that this is wonderful that Hitec support asking users their opinions about the product.
Quote:
5. Most importantly - A way to program your servo USING "NO" mixes.
Example:
System menu>Channel>ch0AUX3:Null - Select Null then SEL. then pick a switch. Let's use "D", so select it and touch the Set. Exit out of the System.
Select Model>Monitor and view what happens to AUX3 when you flip the switch. Want to limit how far the servo travels? Change EPA limits. Want to slow the servo down IE: landing gear? S.Speed adjustment for AUX3.
That is a simple example, but it will work if the servo is free I think.
For example if I have two servos (ailerons) which are configured before by revers, subtrim, exp, s.limit maybe other mixers use them, and I want to get down them (and other servos maybe) by any switch on TX, I think that the example you give not allows me to do such things. It should be "true free" mixer as I described in my first post.

Quote:
6. Nothing is perfect and always the way we want it! Get used to it!
Totally agree with you But some things we can try to make it better.
jetigm is offline Find More Posts by jetigm
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:44 AM
Aussie F3K Pilot
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jun 2008
527 Posts
I'd love to assign the 'Throtle' as a switch

Hi,
Can you please make the Throtle switch available in the 1) Changing Flight Conditions and 2)Programable mixers, switch menu. It is currently in the Timer switch menu so the function currently exists.

For Gliders (Landing) and Electrics (Motor) it is the ONE BIG FEATURE that is currently missing and would be a huge benefit to all that fly them.

1. The landing phase of competition gliders requires different a) Differential, b) Aileron throw, c) Elevator throw, d) A-R Mix e) A-F mix and f) E-F mix and if the Throttle could be alocated as a switch in the Flight Condition menu, this could be easily done.

2. The same applies to Electrics because the handling of a plane with the motor on versus motor off could easily be controlled by switching in a different Flight Condition.

Other than this feature the A9 is sensational for glider/electric competition and I love the radio.

Thanks Hitec.

Marcus
Machineman is offline Find More Posts by Machineman
Old Aug 18, 2011, 11:49 AM
< 1100W in Seattle
Joined Mar 2006
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowWatts View Post

4. Your only post to RC Groups has been your negativity in this bug report. Why have you not asked questions in the Aurora 9 Discussion Thread? You'll find a very helpful group of people on the Aurora 9 Discussion Thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetigm View Post
Absolutely not. As I said that I am very like this radio, and I only want from Hitec that they make it proper working (if it bugs which should not be) and I find that this is wonderful that Hitec support asking users their opinions about the product.
And the unanswered question?

This is not the Aurora 9 Discussion Thread. Go there or PM if you care to discuss this further.
LowWatts is offline Find More Posts by LowWatts