HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by BRENDAN LUGO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 04:40 PM
Joined Jul 2011
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowWatts View Post
I think what your looking for is this.
Select T.Curve, then select a switch.
At the bottom of that screen you will see an Adjust Function.
Select Adjust Function and then select Set.
In the next screen, it should show two pages, (1/2) and below to the left Switch : NULL. In this screen again select (SEL.) and you will be able to pick your trimmer. Keep in mind that there is a second page.

More helpful A9 owners on the discussion thread I previously listed.
Thanks LowWatts,
I will try...
serkans is offline Find More Posts by serkans
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2011, 04:37 AM
Joined Jul 2010
14 Posts
trims

be nice if i could swap the elev & aileron trims with the throttle & rudder trims. this be especially good for maidan flights so could keep my fingers on the elev & aileron as i trim. then after trimmed maybe even swap them back.

bob
rs402931 is offline Find More Posts by rs402931
Old Jul 11, 2011, 05:53 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs402931 View Post
be nice if i could swap the elev & aileron trims with the throttle & rudder trims. this be especially good for maidan flights so could keep my fingers on the elev & aileron as i trim. then after trimmed maybe even swap them back. bob
Meantime:
Aurora 9 - Cross Trims or Re-Assign Thr<>Elev Trims, Throttle Stick Rev & Sub Trims.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
(quick search = Ctrl+F)
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 12:38 PM
Fast and low...
Joined Apr 2009
837 Posts
Can the firmware versions of the A9 radio, the AFHSS module and the receiver(s) currently in use (and powered up) be shown on the A9 screen?

I only updated a few of my RXs while others are still on the older factory firmware. It would make it easy to know when and what needs to be updated, especially when one has lots of receivers.

Further, this way, people using redundant receivers can even opt to put different firmware on each receiver (perhaps a stable older one on one RX and the latest one on the other RX).
aa78 is offline Find More Posts by aa78
Old Jul 15, 2011, 08:07 AM
Česká republika, Hlavní město Praha, Praha
Joined Jan 2007
37 Posts
engine cut and switch H

Hello, it would be really nice to have possibility to use "dead-man" switch "H" for engine lock with "push to ON, push to OFF" logic . (Similarly to timers control)
warhawk.cz is offline Find More Posts by warhawk.cz
Old Jul 15, 2011, 08:22 AM
Joined Jan 2007
37 Posts
And another thing I'd like to get explained:

- Travel Limit. I expected that range or scale of travel limit is same like end point adjustment, so when I have EPA100% and travel limit 100%, servo limits are not affected. This is not true. Due some FW operation (rounding?) 100% of EPA equals aprox. 97% of travel limit.

Generally: when I have EPA = 100% and Limit = 100% and I add some mix (eq. ailerons like brakes) servo moves little bit on fringe position.

Sorry, really tricky to explain that :-) :-)
Old Jul 15, 2011, 02:57 PM
Joined Jan 2011
14 Posts
UAV Features

Since the Aurora 9 can receive GPS location and other data
thru the telemetry feature why not to use it for navigation ?

It would be so great if I will be able to switch modes from regular flight
to loiter based on the last GPS position or even do a RTL based on the first GPS coordination when I turned on the plane.

The Aurora 9 can just send control commands just as I as a pilot would move the sticks, but just automatically

Think about it
It's not that hard to implement as it's almost ready
due to the integral telemetry back signal
Geostant is offline Find More Posts by Geostant
Old Jul 15, 2011, 03:02 PM
Joined Jan 2011
14 Posts
Integral BEC

Another suggestion

Integral 5V BEC from the SPC connection would be very nice
and cost/time saver.

Instead of using direct input from my 3S Lipo (12V) and another battery from the servos which will load another few grams to my plane will just use the SPC connection of 12V (upto 35V obviously) and that same input will use integral BEC to provide power to my servos.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 03:31 PM
Joined Jan 2007
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geostant View Post
Another suggestion

Integral 5V BEC from the SPC connection would be very nice
and cost/time saver.

Instead of using direct input from my 3S Lipo (12V) and another battery from the servos which will load another few grams to my plane will just use the SPC connection of 12V (upto 35V obviously) and that same input will use integral BEC to provide power to my servos.
This is not possible. For example glider with 6 servos (lets say HS81) needs up to 3A for them. When you have 3s LiPol cell (12,6V) it equals aprox. 23W power dispanion loss. Receiver would be bigger three times and heavier (heatsink). Using DC-DC converters is not safety (EMC) and little bit tricky and I am not fan of it at all (in airplanes).

Technically, in critical safety application, separate Receiver battery (for example famous eneloops) is unbeatable.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:38 PM
Joined Jan 2011
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhawk.cz View Post
This is not possible. For example glider with 6 servos (lets say HS81) needs up to 3A for them. When you have 3s LiPol cell (12,6V) it equals aprox. 23W power dispanion loss. Receiver would be bigger three times and heavier (heatsink). Using DC-DC converters is not safety (EMC) and little bit tricky and I am not fan of it at all (in airplanes).

Technically, in critical safety application, separate Receiver battery (for example famous eneloops) is unbeatable.
Got it,
thanks
Old Jul 18, 2011, 04:41 AM
Need more time....
Stuttgart, Germany
Joined May 2003
245 Posts
Telemetry Wish

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but is Hitec planning on producing a telemetry receiver/app for iPhone/iPod or Android? It would be great to record/save flight telemetry w/o having to lug a laptop to the flying field.

Another option would be for the Aurora 9 to somehow record/save the data.

It would be great to be able to download our data later at home so we can observe what we did.

Thank you,

Mark
MarkFitzgerald is offline Find More Posts by MarkFitzgerald
Old Jul 19, 2011, 11:26 AM
Deutschland, RP, Altleiningen
Joined Jul 2011
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkFitzgerald View Post
...is Hitec planning on producing a telemetry receiver/app for iPhone/iPod or Android? It would be great to record/save flight telemetry w/o having to lug a laptop to the flying field.

Another option would be for the Aurora 9 to somehow record/save the data.

It would be great to be able to download our data later at home so we can observe what we did.
To store the telemetry data in the A9 you would need more memory or a way to extend the memory wich would be a hardware change - so, not possible with an update. But if HiTEC would release the protocol which the HPP-22 uses to display the telemetry data for sure some nerds would start to code something for Linux, iPhone and Android right away...

Greets
Chris
Chris Benndorf is offline Find More Posts by Chris Benndorf
Old Jul 20, 2011, 02:09 PM
Joined Jan 2007
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Benndorf View Post
To store the telemetry data in the A9 you would need more memory or a way to extend the memory wich would be a hardware change - so, not possible with an update. But if HiTEC would release the protocol which the HPP-22 uses to display the telemetry data for sure some nerds would start to code something for Linux, iPhone and Android right away...

Greets
Chris
This is already done in this topic: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post17523089
Old Jul 27, 2011, 04:55 PM
www.unlimitedrc.co.uk
London
Joined Jul 2006
120 Posts
Hi all,

After having the issues discussed here: http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=66069

I would like to make a couple of suggestions for the mix menu:

- Give the option for mixes to be driven by the position of the sticks, rather than the output. IE, a throttle stick - elevator mix, instead of a throttle - ele mix. That way if the throttle is altered by trim adjustments, curves etc then the mix is left unadjusted.

- The offset in the Aurora 9 works differently to other transmitters, it offsets the mix curve vertically, not horizontally. Make it so that there is another offset which alters the "mid point" of the mix.

For example, referring back to the THR - ELE mix, normally the dividing line between high/low region of the throttle stick would be mid-throttle. But in other radios you can offset this center point to wherever you like. That way if a mix is desired in say only the last 2-3 clicks of throttle, this is easily achieved by offsetting the "mid point" of the high/low region to the last 2-3 clicks of throttle. Hope you're still with me!

Sometimes I/we only want a mix to work in one specific place, not over the whole range of control throw, horizontal offset allows you in some way to do that.

- A final suggestion would be to have a STEP MIX function. Whereby a control surface is not smoothly mixed to another, but instead, the slave control is “activated” when the master achieves a certain value. When the slave is activated it goes to a fixed value and stays there. This would be perfect for things like downline mixes, or perhaps spoilers, airbrakes etc activated by throttle position. The Mix curve would actually look like a step...hence the name step mix.

Thanks in advance,

Shahid
Shahid B is offline Find More Posts by Shahid B
Old Aug 02, 2011, 09:57 AM
Torrance
Joined Feb 2005
1,409 Posts
* I would like to have one USB cable for programming radio, servos, recievers and tx module. don't really like the hpp-22 device

* maybe the next radio should use memory SD card for transfering update file information
JustinONE is offline Find More Posts by JustinONE