HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by BRENDAN LUGO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 09:42 PM
bladereaper
Joined Jul 2007
421 Posts
i wish you guys put a menu so you can see your range test working and showing the % of of signal
razerunner is offline Find More Posts by razerunner
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2011, 03:23 PM
United States, CO, Avon
Joined Oct 2004
318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkcom View Post
I would prefer an option to disable beep-minute timer.
I would very much like the Vario module
+1 to be able to Disable beep-minute Timer. It's confusing, I am always thinking something is running out of juice!
ZeekWorld is offline Find More Posts by ZeekWorld
Old Jul 01, 2011, 11:39 AM
Yes, it will go verticle
Kansas City Mo
Joined Apr 2004
109 Posts
+ 1 for a low voltage beeper reset after activation on main screen I hate it beeping and beeping after I have disconnected the battery.
+ 1 for signal strenth meter for range tests
+ 1 for being able to turn of the minute beep while leaving the end of time beep active. Thanks Bob
vettebob is offline Find More Posts by vettebob
Old Jul 01, 2011, 11:46 AM
Fast and low...
Joined Apr 2009
837 Posts
1 - RSSI/Signal strength
2 - Selective trainer mode channel passthrough for all channels. Currently it is only implemented for the 4 basic channels. This is inadequate for a radio of this level and rather limiting for trainer and other uses.
3 - Option to disable beeping for a certain amount of time for voltage alarm after it starts beeping.
4 - Option to disable RF transmission/module by pressing and confirming with the AFHSS icon.
5 - Options to enter scan mode and binding mode from the System menu.
aa78 is offline Find More Posts by aa78
Last edited by aa78; Jul 01, 2011 at 03:25 PM.
Old Jul 02, 2011, 10:56 AM
Sloping the Financial Cliff
USA, CA, Santee
Joined Oct 2007
2,438 Posts
How about breaking up this thread into , heli, motor and Sailplane? It is very confusing looking for info in this thread at this point.
Is there a time frame for a new software update?
fcbflyer is offline Find More Posts by fcbflyer
Last edited by fcbflyer; Jul 03, 2011 at 11:33 AM. Reason: i phone spelling
Old Jul 02, 2011, 10:18 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
6,975 Posts
How about be able to assign different voltage alarms to a switch.

Be handy if one wanted to run a variety of cell count packs, ie switching between 3 and 4S in the same model. You could also assign the switch to turn off the voltage alarm if ya wanted.
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Jul 04, 2011, 01:40 PM
Joined Mar 2011
23 Posts
How about composite PPM? Some Flybarless system, like Skookum 720, BeastX e Mikado V-BAR support PPM receiver.

Maybe a opcional firmware upgrade for Optima 7 to provide de PPM Who needs S.BUS?
donato.jun is offline Find More Posts by donato.jun
Last edited by donato.jun; Jul 06, 2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old Jul 04, 2011, 03:42 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Would it be possible to add Butterfly to the ACRO model type? I tried to help a bud with his powered glider at the field yesterday and after 2 hours of trying to get it setup, we failed. I just wanted to enable it to RS and we just couldn't do it. Under Acro, the throttle is default on J3 ch 3, on glider it isn't and also in glider mode the butterfly option appears to be tied to the throttle stick and I can't find an option to move it.

Thanks

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Jul 07, 2011, 09:41 AM
Joined Oct 2008
473 Posts
+1. The setup for my hotliner is in ACRO model, and the crow is controled by a switch on-off(only one deflection).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
Would it be possible to add Butterfly to the ACRO model type?
miche is offline Find More Posts by miche
Old Jul 08, 2011, 06:19 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
Would it be possible to add Butterfly to the ACRO model type? I tried to help a bud with his powered glider at the field yesterday and after 2 hours of trying to get it setup, we failed. I just wanted to enable it to RS and we just couldn't do it. Under Acro, the throttle is default on J3 ch 3, on glider it isn't and also in glider mode the butterfly option appears to be tied to the throttle stick and I can't find an option to move it.

Thanks

Diggs
Use the CAMB MIX assigned to RS.

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Jul 10, 2011, 07:48 AM
Joined Jul 2011
2 Posts
New to Aurora9

Hello Everyone,

I am a Scale Heli lover with a raptor 90 with MD500 fuse and a 90 engine Hirobo TOW Cobra. I am a new user for Aurora9,switched from Futaba 8fg.At the moment,i am trying to get familiar with my new TX.
One question if anyone please to answer:
I want to assign the throttle servo (ONLY THROTTLE SERVO,NOT PITCH) to one of the switches like LT,CT or RT to increase or decrease the throttle(and the head rev.),independent from pitch. It was done from FUNCTION menu of futaba and i was assigning one of the knobs to throttle servo...
I hope i explained well what i am trying to do with my mid-level english...
Waiting for your kind replies,

Serkan S.
serkans is offline Find More Posts by serkans
Old Jul 10, 2011, 09:13 AM
Simple is the best
Joined May 2011
1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donato.jun View Post
How about composite PPM? Some Flybarless system, like Skookum 720, BeastX e Mikado V-BAR support PPM receiver.

Maybe a opcional firmware upgrade for Optima 7 to provide de PPM Who needs S.BUS?
Yes.
I need too ppm sum for multirotor (hexa, Y6) heli
Widelec is online now Find More Posts by Widelec
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Boomerang FPV Quad
Old Jul 10, 2011, 09:21 AM
Deutschland, RP, Altleiningen
Joined Jul 2011
29 Posts
After a few days with my new A9 my two most wanted additions or changes are:

- numerical values in the servo monitor
- placement of the SPC voltage on the left or right side of the display - not in the middle where the neck strap hides it.

Greetings from Germany
Chris
Chris Benndorf is offline Find More Posts by Chris Benndorf
Old Jul 10, 2011, 10:05 AM
< 1100W in Seattle
Joined Mar 2006
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serkans View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am a Scale Heli lover with a raptor 90 with MD500 fuse and a 90 engine Hirobo TOW Cobra. I am a new user for Aurora9,switched from Futaba 8fg.At the moment,i am trying to get familiar with my new TX.
I want to assign the throttle servo (ONLY THROTTLE SERVO,NOT PITCH) to one of the switches like LT,CT or RT to increase or decrease the throttle(and the head rev.),independent from pitch. It was done from FUNCTION menu of futaba and i was assigning one of the knobs to throttle servo...

Serkan S.
Your question may be more likely to get an answer in this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post18721374

This is a wish list thread for things you think they should incorporate via firmware update into the A9.
LowWatts is offline Find More Posts by LowWatts
Old Jul 10, 2011, 10:24 AM
< 1100W in Seattle
Joined Mar 2006
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serkans View Post
Hello Everyone,

Serkan S.
I think what your looking for is this.
Select T.Curve, then select a switch.
At the bottom of that screen you will see an Adjust Function.
Select Adjust Function and then select Set.
In the next screen, it should show two pages, (1/2) and below to the left Switch : NULL. In this screen again select (SEL.) and you will be able to pick your trimmer. Keep in mind that there is a second page.

More helpful A9 owners on the discussion thread I previously listed.
LowWatts is offline Find More Posts by LowWatts
Last edited by LowWatts; Jul 10, 2011 at 03:02 PM.