SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by BRENDAN LUGO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 04:53 PM
Downtown Minneapolis
USA, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Feb 2009
197 Posts
Larger Exit/Back button

Only thing that I could not hit every time after playing with one was the Exit/Back button. Could you make it larger?
iAdam is offline Find More Posts by iAdam
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2010, 07:40 PM
Joined Dec 2008
28 Posts
On the trainer menu, when in "stick" mode, have the option to select channel from 5 to 9.
Currently, one can only select the Rudder, Throttle, Aileron and Elevator.
This is useless for FPV head-tracking systems which use the AUX channels to move the Pan&Tilt servos. It is also useless when you want to have another person with the student TX just to control a bomb drop or something while you are flying the plane.

Also, the trainer menu should have an option to use a "dumb" slave TX with no mixes, or Dual Rates/Exponentials, etc.
The student TX would just send plain standard stick movement (1ms to 2 ms pulses) and the Aurora would apply all the necessary mixes, trims, D/R, Exp, EPA and even servo reversals.

I see no "open software architecture" on the trainer menu

Please consider this also.
RJSC is offline Find More Posts by RJSC
Old Jan 11, 2010, 11:07 PM
Downtown Minneapolis
USA, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Feb 2009
197 Posts
very, very good point sir. generally companies need to take a page or two from apple. the software gets upgraded mostly separate from hardware.
iAdam is offline Find More Posts by iAdam
Last edited by iAdam; Jan 12, 2010 at 10:29 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 09:52 AM
Hitec service
San Diego
Joined Nov 2004
687 Posts
Stay on track in this thread guys. This is a wish list thread for future software features, not a b***h thread about companies not offering constant software updates like Apple.
BRENDAN LUGO is offline Find More Posts by BRENDAN LUGO
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:42 AM
RVD
Joined Apr 2005
27 Posts
Hello,

Timer settings PER model would be very useful.

Offset for butterfly so we can offset the control horn on the servo and bring it back to center with the offset. This is for very large flap deflections during crow braking, ie lots of down travel, very little up travel.

Limit option in the EPA menu so function plus mixer working on a servo don't allow me to drive it to where the linkage starts jamming.

Throttle alarm when you switch it on. I fly mode 1 and for throttle I pull the stick towards me. So low throttle position is away from me and it always beeps at me when I start transmitting and the throttle stick is high (which is actually low for me).

Rgds,
Ralf
ralfv is offline Find More Posts by ralfv
Old Jan 13, 2010, 02:14 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,199 Posts
Timer settings are per model memory.

Offset can be done in Flap Con but it there appears to be bug as the flaps move opposite of each other... this will be fixed in the next firmware update.

Ultimate EPA's are on the list but I don't know if this will be in the next update.

Reverse throttle is also something we have asked for.

Pictured here is the updated power menu with Touch-lock and sound on/off.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Jan 13, 2010, 06:16 PM
RVD
Joined Apr 2005
27 Posts
Hi,

You are right about the timers. They are indeed per model.

Two areas for improvement though:

1. When I switch model, the timer value is not set correctly. I need to manually reset or restart the TX.

2. Is there a way to simply reset the timer as a whole?

Thanks,
Ralf
ralfv is offline Find More Posts by ralfv
Old Jan 13, 2010, 08:50 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,199 Posts
Is it set for throttle activation.... if so, make sure when you switch models or turn the radio on you keep the throttle stick up slightly. You will have to lower it due to the warning but then it will be set set right. This will be fixed with the next firmware update as well.

Touch the timer while actived to reset.

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Jan 14, 2010, 02:08 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2005
24 Posts
It would be good if you could decrease the delay between allowed inputs on the screen to allow those of us who tap faster to input changes a bit quicker. I find I have to do a lot of double-tapping and re-tapping to input the changes when using the screen keyboard.

Also the target zone for individual touch screen inputs could possibly be made a bit bigger, my fat fingers have trouble finding the correct spot which does not appear to be consistent between buttons etc. sometimes it is on the bottom of the button sometimes in middle.
orcrest is offline Find More Posts by orcrest
Old Jan 14, 2010, 02:20 PM
Germany
Joined Jan 2010
124 Posts
In the basic screen there are the first 3 touch-symbols to come into the menu:
1. Model
2. Custom
3. System

when you are in the menu (first step) the order is different:
1. System
2. Model
3. Custom

why is it not the same order?
xxrider is offline Find More Posts by xxrider
Old Jan 14, 2010, 06:35 PM
United States, OH, Cuyahoga Falls
Joined Apr 2006
224 Posts
Hi,

It would be nice if we could have the following features:
1) Boolean condition such as AND/OR
2) Logical switch to be able to tie together two control inputs or two switches or one switch and one control input. We could have a couple of virtual switches.
With these two features, we can integrate a switch position with a control input or two switch together.

For instance if the throttle stick is in a certain position and the C switch is in the on position then the logical switch is "turned on". The logical switch then can control different functions such as landing gears, flaps, etc..

A practical example would have the flight condition landing (FCL) as one operator and the gear switch (GS) as another operator which would activate Virtual Switch 1 (VS1) on. So we could have FCL AND GS on = VS1 on. Then VS1 could directly control the gear servo and the flap servo. Thus if the flight condition landing is selected AND the landing gear switch is on, the gears would be lowered and the flaps would be deployed. Thus if I were not in the flight condition and I would activate the landing gear switch, only the gears would be lowered. I hope this makes sense, if it doesn't let me know.

Thank you for listening to the customers,

Le fou
le fou is offline Find More Posts by le fou
Old Jan 15, 2010, 03:41 AM
Joined Apr 2009
114 Posts
I would like to see throttle activated timer which is not stoping when throtle is set to zero during a flight. It's not possible to make better start option, but only manual reset or stop after timer is started would be nice.
Jevgeniy is offline Find More Posts by Jevgeniy
Old Jan 15, 2010, 11:10 AM
windsor,ontario,canada
Joined Jun 2001
473 Posts
A reset button on the timer screen would be usefull. instead of de-ativating and re-activating the timer.
adaptabl is offline Find More Posts by adaptabl
Old Jan 15, 2010, 12:11 PM
Paris france
Joined Oct 2008
81 Posts
when back light is off, one touch only switch on light without enter menu
lud95 is offline Find More Posts by lud95
Old Jan 16, 2010, 07:12 AM
LAN
Sweden, Östergötland, Valdemarsvik
Joined Oct 2003
457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxrider View Post
why is it not the same order?
+1 on this one, the icons in the main screen should be re-arranged.
LAN is offline Find More Posts by LAN
Last edited by LAN; Jan 16, 2010 at 07:18 AM.