SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by BRENDAN LUGO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 08, 2011, 03:38 PM
Suspended Account
Russian Federation, Sakha, Yakutsk
Joined May 2006
2,978 Posts
Wishlist item: Configurable timer audio / beeps

I would love the option to disable the per-minute beep on the timer. Alot of us fly tasks which require a certain amount of time, however hearing a beep every minute is annoying.

Example: Doing my League of Silent Flight 1-hour slope flight. Set timer to 60 min countdown, toggled once I feel that I have a fair chance of making an hour flight, then every minute BEEP!

Annoying.

Lets get the timer so we can configure when and how it beeps at us.
FrogChief is offline Find More Posts by FrogChief
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2011, 07:15 PM
Suspended Account
Russian Federation, Sakha, Yakutsk
Joined May 2006
2,978 Posts
User accessible Gimbal and slider calibration

This really is a no-brainer, lets get a simple to use gimbal and slider calibration feature in the standard system menu.
FrogChief is offline Find More Posts by FrogChief
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 08, 2011, 08:10 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by enedhil View Post
I just tried out the new functions on the V1.08.

All looks very nice, especially the big Timer- and Telemetry-Screens. But I still have some improvements on it:

It would be nice if the Flight-Conditions would be shown on the big Timer- and Telemetrie-screens, so that u always can see in witch fly-condition u are flying.

Besides of that, a mah-Count-Screen with mah-warning level would be nice for the E-Sensor-Station. For the E-Sensor-Station itself I'd like to have a Cell-Control-Sensor, witch could be connected at the Balancer-Port of the Lipo-Pack and reports the Voltage of each cell (with Warning-Level)
If you're using decent batteries and not over flying them (over discharging), then there is no need to know the cell voltage.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Mar 08, 2011, 10:51 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
If you're using decent batteries and not over flying them (over discharging), then there is no need to know the cell voltage.
I would like more info on that opinion. I can think of several situations where you want this info, and IMO, displaying voltage is more beneficial than the timer. Just curious why there is no need to know voltage? I have had a Thunderpower pack last one flight, with zero abuse, so decent packs can go bad as well. And simple pilot error of picking up a lipo you thought was charged but isn't, having voltage displayed could save the model, battery or both in that situation. Having a cell that is starting to go bad won't be displayed by a timer during a flight, but a volt meter will. Sorry, not trying to beat up on you, but I really don't see why this info is not a benefit, and trying to understand.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Mar 08, 2011, 11:02 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,978 Posts
^ I meant no need to have "individual" cell voltage (each cell from the balance port).
Old Mar 08, 2011, 11:03 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
^ I meant no need to have "individual" cell voltage (each cell from the balance port).
cool, thanks!

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Mar 08, 2011, 11:33 PM
Fort Collins Colorado USA
Joined Oct 2007
2,393 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, I can't wait to test it out.
Joe
jadamian75 is offline Find More Posts by jadamian75
Old Mar 09, 2011, 01:06 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
cool, thanks!

Diggs
Sorry for the one liner (I didn't have much time then), and for also not being more clear in my post.

Yeah, I know what you mean about having voltage telemetry. The A9 has saved me twice already from flying a flat pack, and a fairly new 6s pack, with a cell that had died.

I only use the timer now to time how long the flight is, so I can have an idea of how good the packs still are.

David
Old Mar 09, 2011, 03:16 PM
Deutschland, TH, Erfurt
Joined Dec 2009
13 Posts
Quote:
I don't agree with u at all.

Lets say u have a warning-level of 20,4V for a 6s-Lipo (3,4V per cell) and now u connect a fully charged 6s-Lipo with one dead cell. Then u will have 21V and the warnig-beep wont appear in the beginning (but truely soon after motor-start).

Other situation: U want to fly as long as u can without undercharging your lipo. So u program 18V-warning-level for 6s-lipo. Now one cell breaks below 2.7V during flight, while the other 5 cells holds 3.4V...

Ok, under normal circumstances the hole Pack-Voltage is enough, but the savest way is to check the cell-voltage of each cell an program a warning-level if one cell drops below a special voltage (maybe 3.2v).
enedhil is offline Find More Posts by enedhil
Old Mar 09, 2011, 03:42 PM
Auckland, NZ
Joined Sep 2009
375 Posts
Out of range indicator (audio), just like frsky and spektrum dx8
Or even just a signal meter.
bingo17 is offline Find More Posts by bingo17
Old Mar 09, 2011, 03:43 PM
D-32052 Herford (NRW) germany
Joined Jun 2009
38 Posts
Quote:

Lets say u have a warning-level of 20,4V for a 6s-Lipo (3,4V per cell) and now u connect a fully charged 6s-Lipo with one dead cell. Then u will have 21V and the warnig-beep wont appear in the beginning (but truely soon after motor-start).

Other situation: U want to fly as long as u can without undercharging your lipo. So u program 18V-warning-level for 6s-lipo. Now one cell breaks below 2.7V during flight, while the other 5 cells holds 3.4V...

Ok, under normal circumstances the hole Pack-Voltage is enough, but the savest way is to check the cell-voltage of each cell an program a warning-level if one cell drops below a special voltage (maybe 3.2v).
hallo,

with the testing of the Lipos before the aviation the dead cell should already strike you.

at the latest before the turning on of the engine should strike you the "V" is too low!

bye Joachim
jbartels is offline Find More Posts by jbartels
Old Mar 09, 2011, 03:48 PM
D-32052 Herford (NRW) germany
Joined Jun 2009
38 Posts
Hallo,

V1.08 no off for the "V" alert und no delay

no restet from the last "V" at model change

bye Joachim
jbartels is offline Find More Posts by jbartels
Old Mar 09, 2011, 04:32 PM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,944 Posts
With the new update, do you have to do the module, tx, and rx's all of them?
aerosheldon is online now Find More Posts by aerosheldon
Old Mar 09, 2011, 04:57 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,978 Posts
Quote:

Gosh, my low voltage warning is just over 21 volts with my 2650mah and 5000mah 6S 25C packs. Any lower than 21 volts and I'm having to put too much back into the batteries (over 80%).

I'm using HK batteries. What batteries are you using and how much charge do you normally put back into a pack? You may be over discharging them, which is raising the internal resistance.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 06:41 AM
Say it with a Venom
Grimsby
Joined Jan 2007
52 Posts
Add throttle to the duel rate expo menu.then you could make adjustments to throttle in all flight phases.It would also make having crow & throttle on the throttle stick easy,the switch for enabaling crow could also set throttle to zero,switch other way crow off throttle as normal on stick.
slopegod is offline Find More Posts by slopegod