HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by BRENDAN LUGO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 06, 2010, 09:33 PM
Sun Lakes Radio Control Club
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2009
228 Posts
ability to use dry cells in future.. Hate recharging every night as I sleep!
JavRod is offline Find More Posts by JavRod
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2010, 01:05 AM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
I vote for...

I vote for a software change from an A9 to an A12!

regards

Jürgen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Old Jan 07, 2010, 01:17 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavRod View Post
Second that one!!!!!! I don't want to give my A9 a virus ! HAHAHAHAHHA

Sorry I could not resist!
If you really live into this dream, wakeup.
http://macscan.securemac.com/
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jan 08, 2010, 11:23 AM
Downtown Minneapolis
USA, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Feb 2009
197 Posts
Ha. Mac scan = Mac Scam don't need to run any virus software on a Mac for most users, in fact we talk you out of using them.

I would like to see an option for swapping the locations of the +reset- values. Maybe its a states thing but it seems like + should be on the right to increase and the minus should be on the left.
iAdam is offline Find More Posts by iAdam
Old Jan 08, 2010, 09:28 PM
dumbthumb
World's Ass - Chile
Joined Dec 2004
352 Posts
Ability to change the order of the +/- buttons. Who tells you that ADD is on the left side? Right-minded people (or occidental) thinks of Right for Adding and Left for Substract. I really hate this on my Eclipse. I´m not asking Hitec to change it, just the possibility to choose it where you want it.

Also, I don´t know if already has this function, but will be great if there are any audible alarms for Flight Modes or Conditions, or at last a visual indicator if, for example, LAUNCH Mode or anything else besides NORMAL is activated.
aleXtino is offline Find More Posts by aleXtino
Old Jan 09, 2010, 03:07 AM
Paris france
Joined Oct 2008
81 Posts
Ability to change ppm to pcm or qpcm in slave training mode, it's much better when using smartproplus in rc flight sim
lud95 is offline Find More Posts by lud95
Old Jan 09, 2010, 03:17 AM
Greece, Attica, Piraeus
Joined Jun 2004
1,133 Posts
Hi.
Here is my wish list (most important first):

1) Add a fixed value choice for each Auxiliary channel which can be different in each flight mode.
2) Increase the number of channels to 12 or 16 like the Multiplex M-Link and add the ability to stack up receivers.
3) Add RSSI indication on the Tx.
4) Create a Linux (Ubuntu at least) software version.

My big wish which i know is difficult to be done is a firmware version that will have the profi 4000 style of mixers (each channel controlled by a mixer with 4-7 switchable inputs) and could be offered as an alternative.
I know that i and many others would pay a reasonable fee for having the above mentioned hypothetical upgrade(s).
In my mind the profi 4000 style of programming coupled with the modern electronics of the Aurora will produce the killer radio.
Chris
hendrix is offline Find More Posts by hendrix
Last edited by hendrix; Jan 09, 2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old Jan 09, 2010, 08:31 PM
Joined Dec 2008
28 Posts
So, no official Hitec representative to tell us what are the selected features for the next update (or on some other later update?)
RJSC is offline Find More Posts by RJSC
Old Jan 09, 2010, 09:53 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,810 Posts
Aurora Wish List - Request Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJSC View Post
So, no official Hitec representative to tell us what are the selected features for the next update (or on some other later update?)
Almost 5pm Sunday here, 4 hours ahead of Seoul, 8pm Saturday in LA USA? Time zones & weekends/public holidays at this time of year do create communication problems - meantime:
Aurora A9 - Screen Touchlock - Included upgrade from V1.05 to V1.06
as per
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {frequently updated}

All wish list requests are advised to the developers to be added to and considered with other input. Order of priority, ease of implementation being software or hardware and cost/benefit analysis being regularily reviewed, precludes a definite list and time being published. This being the same as all other known commercial enterprises,
Details will be published as soon as each update is available for download, and earlier when ever possible.

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 04:01 AM
Greece, Attica, Piraeus
Joined Jun 2004
1,133 Posts
All i know is that at least Hitec is considering our wishes and opinions, something that i haven't seen other manufacturers do by talking directly with their customers.
Adding new features in a radio that can fly planes worth of hundreds or thousands of dollars is a risky job that needs time for testing as one small mistake can have detrimental effect to the reliability of the radio.
I will be happy even if 10% of our wishes come true.
Chris
hendrix is offline Find More Posts by hendrix
Old Jan 10, 2010, 07:52 AM
Germany
Joined Jan 2010
124 Posts
Aurora9 is a great transmitter and I am looking forward to the discussed software updates.
Optimizing the transmitter dynamically, with customer conversation, was the greatest argument for me to buy it.
This principle distroyed for me any doubts!
The transmitter will always be up to date, this is wunderful!

Some of my wishes for an update were already mentioned.
Not so much important, but I want to issue some more:

- Servo limit funktion: the ability to choose a absolute maximum of servo drive for each servo and direction
- ability to choose the limit for battery voltage alarm (for transmitter and receiver battery)
- display should show the position of the two proportional slide-channels LS and RS (like it does for trimmers, LT, CT and RT)
- ability to change display contrast/brightness
- the transmitter shows red led when high frequency is on and green light when high frequency is off - I would change this
xxrider is offline Find More Posts by xxrider
Old Jan 10, 2010, 08:34 AM
Joined Nov 2008
19 Posts
Programmable alarms with unique tones would be useful. For example you could program discrete tones for low fuel, high RPM, etc., and as mentioned above an optional tone when flight conditions are changed would also be good. Since I will not take my eyes off my $2000+ model to look at a computer screen while I am flying (learned that lesson already) I think alarm sounds for the telemetry function limits are almost a necessity to make this really worthwhile.
pittskeye is offline Find More Posts by pittskeye
Old Jan 10, 2010, 12:46 PM
LAN
Sweden, Östergötland, Valdemarsvik
Joined Oct 2003
456 Posts
Would be nice if the touch screen beep confirmation could have three options: Completely turned off, "click" sound and the current beep tone. I for one would choose the "click" sound as I think the current beep is very annoying during longer programming sessions.

/Leif
LAN is offline Find More Posts by LAN
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:49 AM
dumbthumb
World's Ass - Chile
Joined Dec 2004
352 Posts
Yeah, "mute" function while programming will be nice, I bet 3/4 of ours programming time occurs during late hours. Just watch any programming video for A9 around and hear
aleXtino is offline Find More Posts by aleXtino
Old Jan 11, 2010, 03:21 PM
USA, MA, Woburn
Joined Oct 2008
297 Posts
I would like to see the following enhancements to the A9:

1. A timer reset "button"

2. An easier way to program a proportional smoke pump. It seems to be a nightmare and you have to use a gyro (?!?) programming to do it

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2396

3. Simplified throttle exponential (Acro)

4. Display contrast adjustment

5. Ability to turn On/Off the display/keyboard "Beeps" - this is very annoying that it cannot be turned off.

6. "True" EPAs

7. Fix minor bugs currently present:

- trims going in opposite directions when split elevators are used
- the transmitter keeps showing the receiver voltage even after the receiver has been powered off and the link has been lost.
Devil_Inside is offline Find More Posts by Devil_Inside
Last edited by Devil_Inside; Jan 11, 2010 at 03:50 PM.