HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by BRENDAN LUGO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 12:37 PM
Fast and low...
Joined Apr 2009
837 Posts
Trainer channels 5-9 selective pass-through for actual trainer needs and FPV.
aa78 is offline Find More Posts by aa78
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2010, 09:30 PM
Canada, BC, Victoria
Joined Mar 2006
17 Posts
I would like to be able to program a sequence into the radio for retract landing gear so as to have the gear deploy and retract in a more scale manner. The servo speed option approaches this, but a sequence would be better.
Cliff Soaring is offline Find More Posts by Cliff Soaring
Old Oct 18, 2010, 06:19 AM
Joined Apr 2007
6 Posts
Being a sailplane pilot here are my "wanted":

1-Would love to have the adjust function for aileron differential fixed: now the adjust function only acts on one aileron at time (depending if it is + or -), this makes it useless for "in flight" adjustment. Since ail. diff. is a very important feature in glider programming and fine tuning, I would love to be able to set it once on the ground and fine tune it in flight using a digital trim.

2- Logic switches: i.e. programming some stick activated switches (there is only one available on throttle stick to activate the butterfly). This is, to my opinion, the only major miss of the Aurora software capabilities compared to the top end Radios.
This would be especially useful if it could activate flight condition and mixes.

thanks for considering the above,

marco,

italy
marcodef is offline Find More Posts by marcodef
Old Oct 18, 2010, 04:49 PM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcodef View Post

1-Would love to have the adjust function for aileron differential fixed: now the adjust function only acts on one aileron at time (depending if it is + or -), this makes it useless for "in flight" adjustment. Since ail. diff. is a very important feature in glider programming and fine tuning, I would love to be able to set it once on the ground and fine tune it in flight using a digital trim.
marco,

italy
If you tap the word AILE of the far left of the screen it will select both aileron channels. The problem is that you still cannot adjust in flight. You can set the up and down throw of both channels but this is actually too much. When you tap the AILE so both are selected and then move the stick right then it will be adjusting the up on one wing and down on the other. This function really should just have one number for both channels or at most one for each channel. As it is right now it is just another end point adjustment. Also if it is reduced to just one number then it should be capable of going both + and -.
Mike
motorhead is offline Find More Posts by motorhead
Old Oct 19, 2010, 11:07 AM
USA, LA, Sulphur
Joined Apr 2006
1,049 Posts
I have 2 requests.
1. Have the ability to have the timer activate on the throttle % not the stick position. For us heli pilots this would prevent the timer from stopping when going full negative pitch and the timer could be turned off through an entire autorotation unlike now where it starts again when pitch is applied when flaring for landing.

2. Have the ability with a module update to disable scan mode for us that have no need for it. I accidently held the button down too long when trying to do a range check which resulted in having to rebind all reveivers after switching back to normal.
If this is not possible maybe you could extend the time it takes going into scan mode by a few more seconds.
dfrazier is offline Find More Posts by dfrazier
Old Oct 19, 2010, 01:04 PM
USA, NY, Jamestown
Joined Jun 2000
2,904 Posts
[QUOTE=dfrazier;16328575]I have 2 requests.
1. Have the ability to have the timer activate on the throttle % not the stick position. For us heli pilots this would prevent the timer from stopping when going full negative pitch and the timer could be turned off through an entire autorotation unlike now where it starts again when pitch is applied when flaring for landing.

[QUOTE]

I have the timer come on/off with the idle up switch. That should work for you, shouldn't it?
JoeR is offline Find More Posts by JoeR
Old Oct 19, 2010, 01:08 PM
USA, LA, Sulphur
Joined Apr 2006
1,049 Posts
[QUOTE=JoeR;16329431][QUOTE=dfrazier;16328575]I have 2 requests.

Quote:

I have the timer come on/off with the idle up switch. That should work for you, shouldn't it?
Does it turn the timer off when you flip the T. Hold switch.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 05:11 PM
Canada, BC
Joined Sep 2007
117 Posts
1.Be able to re arrange the preference order of the models set up.
2.When flying only show the SPC voltage and timer in BIG fonts.
3. A option to use the sliders to adjust the expo on elev and ail. to see what suits you before locking it in.
lucas45 is offline Find More Posts by lucas45
Old Oct 20, 2010, 03:18 PM
USA, LA, Sulphur
Joined Apr 2006
1,049 Posts
I think the expo curve needs flattening a little to make it have more of a smoothe curve in the next update also. Maybe make it a user adjustable curve like a throttle or pitch curve would be good. That way everyone would be able to tweak to their personal liking.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 04:25 PM
United States, CA, Cameron Park
Joined May 2007
1,250 Posts
I agree, compared to my previous JR radio I feel I have less control to my liking and flying style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrazier View Post
I think the expo curve needs flattening a little to make it have more of a smoothe curve in the next update also. Maybe make it a user adjustable curve like a throttle or pitch curve would be good. That way everyone would be able to tweak to their personal liking.
Highfly! is offline Find More Posts by Highfly!
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 20, 2010, 05:03 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
1/ Put the "Flight Condition alarm at start up option" in the Flight Condition menu, so each flight condition can be set to alarm or not. For helicopters this would allow only flight conditions that affect throttle up to be alarmed (not throttle hold).

2/ As others have said, have the ability to have the timer activate on the throttle percent/servo position, not the stick position.

3/ As others have said, be able to rearrange the the order of the models, like in the flight conditions menu.

4/ Be able to add a switch to inhibit or silence the low SPC voltage alarm.

5/ I also agree about the expo curves.

6/ Show the numeric position (+/- percent) in the monitor screen.

7/ Flash the receiver LED when there is no signal, and use another LED state to show the Rx is in fail safe (fail safe has been programmed).
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Oct 23, 2010, 08:17 AM
USA, LA, Sulphur
Joined Apr 2006
1,049 Posts
2 more items for the wish list.

1. I would really like the ability when creating a new model or copying a model to be able to select what model memory position to use. On my other radios I typically like to use the bottom half of the model memory for copies. For instance 1-15 for current models and 16-30 for copies. This is on my 9303. One other option would be the way the priority thing works on the flight conditions program. the ability to shift models up or down would be nice too.

2.Now for telemetry, The new RCEXL ingitions have a wire on the ingition for a tach. Could you incorporate a plug-in-lead to add to the sensor station for rpms without having to use the mag or optical sensor.

I also see the new blue sensor station for electrics. Thats awesome. The amps and volts are great but I really want a mAh counter. It would take ALL of the guess work out of when it is actually time to land. Just set the alarm to about 75% of the battery capacity and it will give you time to land without ever going over 80% again.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 11:17 AM
Sailplane Mafia
United States, SC, Summerville
Joined Jun 2001
2,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highfly! View Post
I agree, compared to my previous JR radio I feel I have less control to my liking and flying style.
Same here exact same feeling.

I would also like to see 2 levels of voltage alarms on the telemetry. Reason being would be a semi-low alert and a critical alert. I think in many cases you would not need to fly a timer anymore (electric aircraft) if we had two levels of alarms.

The HPP-22 software needs to be redesigned to not require an internet connection. There is no reason for it. We should be able to download the firmware to our local drive and upgrade equipment at the field using a laptop.
gquiring is online now Find More Posts by gquiring
Last edited by gquiring; Oct 23, 2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 12:02 PM
Fast and low...
Joined Apr 2009
837 Posts
Trainer channels 1-9 selective pass-through for actual trainer needs and FPV.
aa78 is offline Find More Posts by aa78
Old Oct 23, 2010, 01:12 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrazier View Post
2 more items for the wish list.

I also see the new blue sensor station for electrics. Thats awesome. The amps and volts are great but I really want a mAh counter. It would take ALL of the guess work out of when it is actually time to land. Just set the alarm to about 75% of the battery capacity and it will give you time to land without ever going over 80% again.
+1 on that!
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC