HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by BRENDAN LUGO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 07:55 PM
United Kingdom, England, Castle Donington
Joined Aug 2010
152 Posts
Mike, any news on assignable channels on the trainer port for head-tracking?
electricmick is offline Find More Posts by electricmick
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2010, 03:48 PM
Italy, Umbria, Perugia
Joined Sep 2006
85 Posts
Regarding assignable channels for the trainer pass-through, this is from Mike in a PM (I hope you don't mind me quoting you Mike):

"...this request has not fallen on deaf ears. It is my goal, if possible, to have this funtionality added in the next firmware update as it is clear of its importance for the FPV community...

Mike."

Coffeegeek
coffeegeek is offline Find More Posts by coffeegeek
Old Oct 01, 2010, 08:05 AM
Graham Dyer
Johannesburg, South Africa
Joined Jul 2003
700 Posts
Aurora Annoyances

Two quick suggestions to changes to the UI of the Aurora (top half is the suggestion)

The first is the main screen and involves increasing the size of:
a) the Tx battery voltage
b) the two timers

The second is involves increasing the size and separation of the +/- buttons and the reset button. How many times have I hit the reset rather than the + or - and have to start all over again!

Also increase the size of the Exit icon. The designers clearly had very small pointy fingers!!

Please consider a change?

pardus is offline Find More Posts by pardus
Old Oct 01, 2010, 06:12 PM
Joined Aug 2009
94 Posts
thats why I found a stylus and have it attached to the neckstrap eyelet
firehopper is offline Find More Posts by firehopper
Old Oct 01, 2010, 07:44 PM
Launching!
Chula Vista, CA
Joined Jul 2006
1,437 Posts
concur!

Agree with these comments....I find myself fat-fingering all the time, and the exit icon is ALWAYS a challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pardus View Post
Two quick suggestions to changes to the UI of the Aurora (top half is the suggestion)

The first is the main screen and involves increasing the size of:
a) the Tx battery voltage
b) the two timers

The second is involves increasing the size and separation of the +/- buttons and the reset button. How many times have I hit the reset rather than the + or - and have to start all over again!

Also increase the size of the Exit icon. The designers clearly had very small pointy fingers!!

Please consider a change?

dc812 is offline Find More Posts by dc812
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New Sirrocco LT
Old Oct 02, 2010, 07:56 AM
United Kingdom, England, Castle Donington
Joined Aug 2010
152 Posts
Great suggestion for those of us with podgy fingers and bad eyesight.
electricmick is offline Find More Posts by electricmick
Old Oct 02, 2010, 07:28 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Hitec Aurora Stylus & Screen Cleaner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricmick View Post
Great suggestion for those of us with podgy fingers and bad eyesight.
Aurora A9 - stylus and screen cleaner is included Aurora package, extract attached.

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Oct 03, 2010, 04:31 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,232 Posts
Why not replace ReSeT with simultaneously press of + and - , as in the good old EVO?
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Oct 03, 2010, 07:44 AM
Joined Aug 2009
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Why not replace ReSeT with simultaneously press of + and - , as in the good old EVO?
maybe because the touchscreen isnt multi touch capable? I dont think it is capable of such.
firehopper is offline Find More Posts by firehopper
Old Oct 03, 2010, 08:18 PM
sloper dude
L'Étoile du Nord
Joined Jan 2005
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliloco View Post
Instead of the various alarms, a voice warning would make the Aurora 9, in my eyes far superior. Most people don't want to have to figure out what the alarm is indicating! "Warning receiver battery voltage low etc. I would definitely buy this system if it had that feature, and i know many others would drop the other systems, that are way behind in features and technology! Sorry if this has already been suggested.
What's the point? Is it that important to figure out whether the transmitter or receiver power is low? In either case, the idea is to land now. As it is, you get a different beep. Once your plane or heli is safe on the ground, you can look at the screen and see whether the receiver or TX battery is low.

Adding a voice warning to the TX would mean having to redesign the electronics & add a speaker. Hitec would have to charge every buyer for something that only a tiny minority thinks they need, in a price-competitive market.

This thread is for changes to software, not hardware.
Jeffrito is offline Find More Posts by Jeffrito
Last edited by Jeffrito; Oct 03, 2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old Oct 03, 2010, 08:27 PM
sloper dude
L'Étoile du Nord
Joined Jan 2005
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lardus View Post

4) Not sure if one can do this, I still need to go and check this on my Aurora, but if one can copy a condition when creating a new condition it would be helpful, as sometimes a lot in the different conditions is based on each other, just changing a few values.
Ditto on copying flight conditions. I don't see why this couldn't be done in software.
Old Oct 03, 2010, 10:00 PM
sloper dude
L'Étoile du Nord
Joined Jan 2005
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarhemal View Post
Hello Hitec / Mike,

I too have a wish list for software upgrades.

3.) backlight should be white, green looks like 1980's.

Hemal
That would be in hardware, though I like your idea.
Old Oct 04, 2010, 11:44 AM
Mobile Alabama
Joined Sep 2003
926 Posts
Need the ability to save the telemetry info to the transmitter and be able to download it later to a desktop or laptop!!!

Right now if I want to save the info to view later (need to do that as I can't watch the gauges and fly!) I have to carry a laptop to the flight line to record the flight data!
Jon Koppisch is offline Find More Posts by Jon Koppisch
Old Oct 04, 2010, 01:00 PM
Software always has bugs
United States, TX, Missouri City
Joined Nov 2008
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Koppisch View Post
Need the ability to save the telemetry info to the transmitter and be able to download it later to a desktop or laptop!!!

Right now if I want to save the info to view later (need to do that as I can't watch the gauges and fly!) I have to carry a laptop to the flight line to record the flight data!
I don't think the radio has enough memory to do that.
MTDV is offline Find More Posts by MTDV
Old Oct 04, 2010, 01:07 PM
Mobile Alabama
Joined Sep 2003
926 Posts
Got me? I know that when i save the info on the laptop it's a small text file. It does need the ability, whether it's a usb drive or whatever that can be run off of the trainer port/module port or????? Just some way to save the data until it can be loaded into a pc without lugging around a laptop...

You can't watch the screen and fly at the same time, 1 mistake and someone could get hurt..
Jon Koppisch is offline Find More Posts by Jon Koppisch
Last edited by Jon Koppisch; Oct 04, 2010 at 01:14 PM.