HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by BRENDAN LUGO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 03, 2010, 09:53 PM
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Sep 2010
132 Posts
JUst in case anyone else is wondering if this can be done Mike has indicated that this is not doable
toolman207 is offline Find More Posts by toolman207
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2010, 09:03 AM
Joined May 2010
325 Posts
Hi

I really don't know if my suggestion has been posted earlier, still i'll post it here.

I was wondering if it is possible to make on the Aurora 9 / optima 6 / 7 / 9
a warning sound and a strength signal view on the display ( like in cellular phones)
that related to the strength of the signal between the RX & TX

For me as a DLG pilot this feature is important since we fly high and away.

Some times there are some 2.4 Ghz interference due to flying near military base

also if it can be log and download for evaluation later on the PC

With Regards,
Gil
Beetle-Jet is offline Find More Posts by Beetle-Jet
Last edited by Beetle-Jet; Sep 12, 2010 at 05:11 AM.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 06:21 PM
Italy, Umbria, Perugia
Joined Sep 2006
85 Posts
headtracking?? Lagging behind all others

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
To add two more thing in this big list, i hope Hitec will change the master mode and allow the user to select any channel to be be used from the slave tx.
With the current configuration there is no way to add a head tracker for FPV to the Aurora since only the 4 first channels can be mixed with the ppm input from the trainer plug's input.
Any advances on this request? This is such a dumb limitation, that would have been so easy in dev stage to leave all channels assignable to trainer port pass through.

I forgot to check if the A9 did this before I bought it, as I assumed it was such an integral function of modern computer radios.

Mike?
coffeegeek is offline Find More Posts by coffeegeek
Old Sep 11, 2010, 10:56 PM
I can drift a heli
USA, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2005
2,355 Posts
Voltage telemetry that works on larger electrics. Like planes and helicopters running 2 4S, 5S or 6S packs in series.
maarset is offline Find More Posts by maarset
Old Sep 12, 2010, 11:06 PM
Launching!
Chula Vista, CA
Joined Jul 2006
1,368 Posts
RX Battery Voltage Loss Warning Beep

I second this request.....it seems weird that you get a warning beep when there is low battery voltage, but absolutely no warning if the voltage drops to zero....seems like an issue.....hard to diagnose a rx battery issue until it's too late.

DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthenuke View Post
Other than fixing the still weird FLAP control (my only gripe with the A9 - work arounds are a PITA), I'd like to see the airborne battery pack voltage symbol flash or otherwise indicate an intermittent loss. Currently the battery voltage indication locks at the last reading from the airborne pack. This would help troubleshoot a problem that may occur if one has a switch or battery connection issue in the plane.

-bob
dc812 is online now Find More Posts by dc812
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 15, 2010, 03:36 AM
JHB South Africa
Joined Aug 2010
3 Posts
My Whish List

1) Numeric on top of bars for Channel monitor. I see that this has been requested a few times before.

2) Trim defaults on new conditions to the previous priority condition's trim settings when selecting t-link. Currently the trims for a new condition just defaults to 0, so you first have to INH the t-Link, then go and copy the trim values one by one to the new condition, once done with that you go back to the condition and activate the T-Link.

3) Be able to set the radio to power down mode for 90sec on the radio GUI in Sys Management screen rather than on the module(can still keep the module one) just add additional location to do this through the GUI.
All this pressing of the button for 3 sec(Power Down) and 6 sec(Change to and from Scan mode and Normal mode) with one light flashing and the other constant or the one on and the other off is just confusing, the less one needs
to do on the module and interpreting different sequences of lights for a status the better. I would rather do this in the GUI, with decent feedback in words on what is happening.

4) Not sure if one can do this, I still need to go and check this on my Aurora, but if one can copy a condition when creating a new condition it would be helpful, as sometimes a lot in the different conditions is based on each other, just changing a few values.

5) This is the one I would like to have the most. While the receiver / module are able to in scan mode use 20 out of the possible 79/80 channels in the band, why not have the radio in normal mode use all 79 or 80 channels via hopping technology rather than only the 20 currently used. I don’t know if it is possible via a software upgrade on the receiver and module, but I assume it must be possible seeing as the scan mode can use any 20 out of the possible 80. Now I have only flown my Aurora 9 tx and optima 9 rx for about 10 flights, and have not had any connection issues yet, it can never be a bad thing to have more resilience in using more of the band.

Thanks for the opportunity to be able to add wish list items.
Lardus is offline Find More Posts by Lardus
Last edited by Lardus; Sep 15, 2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 02:32 PM
Fast and low...
Joined Apr 2009
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeegeek View Post
Any advances on this request? This is such a dumb limitation, that would have been so easy in dev stage to leave all channels assignable to trainer port pass through.

I forgot to check if the A9 did this before I bought it, as I assumed it was such an integral function of modern computer radios.

Mike?
Agree with this one. It is a much needed feature. Aurora is finally available at my LHS but I am holding off until I see some resolution to the above quoted issue.
aa78 is offline Find More Posts by aa78
Old Sep 17, 2010, 06:59 PM
United Kingdom, England, Castle Donington
Joined Aug 2010
152 Posts
Hitec, I also need the assignable channels on the trainer port for FPV head tracking or I have to buy a Futaba! I went away from Futaba as the Hitec Aurora 9 looked like the best radio in the world. I have had it all summer and I absolutely love it apart from this issue. Please fix it in the next software drop or you will loose one great supporter. I have persuaded several other people to buy this radio, please help me to continue to sell this great radio for you.
electricmick is offline Find More Posts by electricmick
Old Sep 18, 2010, 11:05 AM
France,Paris
Joined Sep 2010
18 Posts
Airbrake

To have the same possibility to assign BFly to J sticks or left or right sliders as it in in the Airbrake menu.
Pavillon is offline Find More Posts by Pavillon
Last edited by Pavillon; Sep 18, 2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 03:17 PM
Montpellier,France
Joined Dec 2008
15 Posts
Throttle cut

Add the 'throttle cut' menu in 'Glider' mode as it is 'Acro' mode.
Thanks,
Bruno
bruno34 is offline Find More Posts by bruno34
Old Sep 23, 2010, 08:44 AM
France, Lorraine, Breistroff-la-Grande
Joined Jun 2010
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricmick View Post
Hitec, I also need the assignable channels on the trainer port for FPV head tracking or I have to buy a Futaba! I went away from Futaba as the Hitec Aurora 9 looked like the best radio in the world. I have had it all summer and I absolutely love it apart from this issue. Please fix it in the next software drop or you will loose one great supporter. I have persuaded several other people to buy this radio, please help me to continue to sell this great radio for you.
agree with you, i am waiting for this befor buy my futur TX . but not for long time , i will have to buy futaba
mopi is offline Find More Posts by mopi
Old Sep 28, 2010, 04:21 PM
Software always has bugs
United States, TX, Missouri City
Joined Nov 2008
261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarset View Post
Voltage telemetry that works on larger electrics. Like planes and helicopters running 2 4S, 5S or 6S packs in series.
Ditto here, but the hardware is limited the input voltage. However, I would like to have some voltage multiplier with a scale ratio such as 1:1, 1:2, 1:3, ect.

This way I can use a voltage divider to reduce the battery voltage to the limit, and I still be able to display a full voltage reading.

For instance, I am using a 12S pack which is 50.4V at fully charged. If I use a 1:2 volatge devider (two resistors), the voltage is reduced to 25.2V which is well in the specification of the rx (35V max). If I feed 25.2V into the SPC port, the radio will display 25.2V, but if I have a scale of 1:2, the LCD will display 50.4V. It sounds hard, but it's a piece of cake in coding.
MTDV is offline Find More Posts by MTDV
Old Sep 28, 2010, 05:26 PM
I can drift a heli
USA, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2005
2,355 Posts
Ah yes that is BRILLANT! That would be cool. With help from guys from helifreak I was able to use one of a 2 pack in series so I can use the voltage alarm on my Aurora 9. You have to put a diode on the SPC. So far it has been working great. The diode drops like .7 volts off of the actual reading.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:22 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,190 Posts
Currently we reply on the SPC for the battery telemetry, but in the near future we will have other options which will not be limited to the 35V cap.

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Sep 29, 2010, 09:55 AM
I can drift a heli
USA, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2005
2,355 Posts
WOOT thanks Mike.

ANy chance there will be a MAH Counter?