Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by BRENDAN LUGO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 10:22 AM
D-32052 Herford (NRW) germany
Joined Jun 2009
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliloco View Post
Instead of the various alarms, a voice warning would make the Aurora 9, in my eyes far superior. Most people don't want to have to figure out what the alarm is indicating! "Warning receiver battery voltage low etc. I would definitely buy this system if it had that feature, and i know many others would drop the other systems, that are way behind in features and technology! Sorry if this has already been suggested.
Hi,

who can not distinguish the alarm should give up the hobby. :-)
this is a nice fun.
Arni or Sexi yell from the transmitter to the pilot.

bye Joachim
jbartels is offline Find More Posts by jbartels
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2010, 02:57 PM
Germany
Joined Jan 2010
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinghawk View Post
add to the bar graph in servo monitor additionally the numerical values. etc so you can see exactly when have 0 degree pitch / middle stick position of throttle.

thanks for development in v1.08
+1

this feature is already suggested, and it is
very very important!
xxrider is offline Find More Posts by xxrider
Old Aug 16, 2010, 03:41 PM
Germany, Lake Constance
Joined Jul 2010
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinghawk View Post
add to the bar graph in servo monitor additionally the numerical values. etc so you can see exactly when have 0 degree pitch / middle stick position of throttle.

thanks for development in v1.08
+1

Cheers, Chris
* Chris * is offline Find More Posts by * Chris *
Old Aug 16, 2010, 04:17 PM
B72
Arthur,Ontario, Canada
Joined Jan 2006
143 Posts
One more, now that the telemetery is going to be available, it would be nice to see one of the timers reassigned as a low fuel warning.
B72 is offline Find More Posts by B72
Old Aug 17, 2010, 12:55 AM
I can drift a heli
USA, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2005
2,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarset View Post
Been using my A9 for a couple of weeks now. I use the SPC port to monitor my voltage on a Trex 450 PRO (4S lipo) and a Compass Knight 600E (8S lipo).

My voltage alarm works very well on the 450 cause it has a very steady voltage curve. Voltage doesn't sag much and I set my voltage alarm for 14 volts and once I get the alarm I land and my pack cells are always at 3.75.

Voltage alarm doesn't work well at all on the Knight. The Knight pulls alot more amps and the voltage sags alot more. If I set the voltage alarm for 3.45 per cell I get the alarm very early in flight doing 3D moves. I usually have to set it for 3.4 so I don't get that alarm early in the flight. But I usually end up over discharging my packs. I've pretty much given up using the voltage alarm on my bigger helicopter. And this is with a Hyperion 8S VX 4200 pack.

SO I'm thinking a sensor that will read MAH usage would be very helpful. A sensor that will read how much amps have been taken out of your flight pack
would be really helpful. Not sure if this is possible.

Also will we be able to set up an alarm to the RPM sensor? Will it sound different than the voltage alarm? This would be helpful for helicopters. Are there only going to be magnet and optical sensors? Or is there going to be a sensor that can tie into one of the three brushless esc wires?
tt bumpa
maarset is offline Find More Posts by maarset
Old Aug 18, 2010, 02:07 AM
Joined Feb 2006
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbartels View Post
Hi,

who can not distinguish the alarm should give up the hobby. :-)
this is a nice fun.
Arni or Sexi yell from the transmitter to the pilot.

bye Joachim

Unfortunately, some people ruin any possible advances that could be made by making adverse comments that damage the future of our our great hobby! Perhaps buzzers and bells are good for some people? I prefer a human voice so i dont have to take my eyes of my aircraft. Or is this wrong?
heliloco is offline Find More Posts by heliloco
Last edited by heliloco; Aug 18, 2010 at 02:11 AM. Reason: secretarial
Old Aug 19, 2010, 12:07 AM
Canada, BC, Victoria
Joined Mar 2006
17 Posts
I miss the in flight trim convenience of the old multiplex evo Digi-adjusters. Otherwise, all is good.
Cliff Soaring is offline Find More Posts by Cliff Soaring
Old Aug 19, 2010, 09:26 PM
Joined Feb 2006
65 Posts
multiplex trim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Soaring View Post
I miss the in flight trim convenience of the old multiplex evo Digi-adjusters. Otherwise, all is good.
I have never owned a multiplex radio. What is the difference with the trim adjuster..just curious.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 11:12 PM
Sloping the Financial Cliff
USA, CA, Santee
Joined Oct 2007
2,444 Posts
Quote:
I have never owned a multiplex radio. What is the difference with the trim adjuster..just curious.
they are buttons not slider thingamajigs.
fcbflyer is offline Find More Posts by fcbflyer
Old Aug 21, 2010, 07:19 PM
Canada, BC, Victoria
Joined Mar 2006
17 Posts
The multiplex evo has two adjusting wheels at the top corners of the TX that could be assigned to any value, say aileron dif for example. It made it easy to fine tune that value in flight.
Like the three trim switches on the aurora, but more ergonomic.
Cliff Soaring is offline Find More Posts by Cliff Soaring
Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:56 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarhemal View Post
1.) On the model selection screen, we should be able to resuffle the models according to our choice. like helis on top and then planes and then gliders, even though we programmed it in different orders.

Hemal
Agree with this one in a big way! It would be very nice to move the position of the model and easily group "types" of models how you wanted. It would also be nice to have a button to page up and down so you don't have to scroll through all the locations by holding down the arrows. 4 clicks or so and you have gone from 1-30.

I know you can use the copy feature to move models, but being able to assign it the number you want would make it easier.

Quote:
Instead of the various alarms, a voice warning would make the Aurora 9, in my eyes far superior. Most people don't want to have to figure out what the alarm is indicating! "Warning receiver battery voltage low etc. I would definitely buy this system if it had that feature, and i know many others would drop the other systems, that are way behind in features and technology! Sorry if this has already been suggested.
I hope it keeps getting suggested. Voice alerts would be a huge improvement for many items on the A9. Battery voltage levels for one where you could set the announcement increments. With the full blown telemetry it would be nice to have readings spoken to you also. I am concerned about the processing power needed for this feature though. Bogging down the TX with these custom features might cause problems. If that iphone / droid app makes it to fruition, or if you could do it from a laptop, that would also be very useful and would relieve the TX from doing the work.

--------------

Finally, while I love my A9 I have to say that Hitec and customers would really benefit from Hitec increasing their programming staff for the firmware updates. This feature has so much potential and so little of it has been realized. If it isn't going to go open source, then get the staff on hand to make it what it can be.

The HPP-22 software should allow you to do all types of configuration from the PC. Model backups in mass would be great, not just a single model at a time. Visual model setups so you have a gui that shows you what you are changing on the screen. They could even add tutorial / help section for things like butterfly and such to tell you how it should be used and what it does. HUGE potential that just isn't being realized IMO. Still love my A9 and feel it kicks the tail of all its competitors, but nothing wrong with improvements.

Thanks,

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:18 AM
Joined Feb 2006
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
Agree with this one in a big way! It would be very nice to move the position of the model and easily group "types" of models how you wanted. It would also be nice to have a button to page up and down so you don't have to scroll through all the locations by holding down the arrows. 4 clicks or so and you have gone from 1-30.

I know you can use the copy feature to move models, but being able to assign it the number you want would make it easier.

I hope it keeps getting suggested. Voice alerts would be a huge improvement for many items on the A9. Battery voltage levels for one where you could set the announcement increments. With the full blown telemetry it would be nice to have readings spoken to you also. I am concerned about the processing power needed for this feature though. Bogging down the TX with these custom features might cause problems. If that iphone / droid app makes it to fruition, or if you could do it from a laptop, that would also be very useful and would relieve the TX from doing the work.

--------------

Finally, while I love my A9 I have to say that Hitec and customers would really benefit from Hitec increasing their programming staff for the firmware updates. This feature has so much potential and so little of it has been realized. If it isn't going to go open source, then get the staff on hand to make it what it can be.

The HPP-22 software should allow you to do all types of configuration from the PC. Model backups in mass would be great, not just a single model at a time. Visual model setups so you have a gui that shows you what you are changing on the screen. They could even add tutorial / help section for things like butterfly and such to tell you how it should be used and what it does. HUGE potential that just isn't being realized IMO. Still love my A9 and feel it kicks the tail of all its competitors, but nothing wrong with improvements.

Thanks,

Diggs
Yes geat ideas! I wonder if Mike Mayberry or Alan Tong can fill us in on what is possible for the A9 and what is beyond the radios capability?
Old Aug 25, 2010, 02:21 AM
Guglielmo
Italy
Joined Oct 2006
1 Posts
Trhottle rev function.

Hi ;
I'flying with trhottle-pitch stick with minimum in the upper position.
I wish to find the function trhottle-reverse in the next revision of software.

regards,
Roberto.
stravanato is offline Find More Posts by stravanato
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:43 AM
Look out! The lever!
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Feb 2005
2,601 Posts
Other than fixing the still weird FLAP control (my only gripe with the A9 - work arounds are a PITA), I'd like to see the airborne battery pack voltage symbol flash or otherwise indicate an intermittent loss. Currently the battery voltage indication locks at the last reading from the airborne pack. This would help troubleshoot a problem that may occur if one has a switch or battery connection issue in the plane.

-bob
bobthenuke is offline Find More Posts by bobthenuke
Old Sep 03, 2010, 09:45 AM
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Sep 2010
132 Posts
Hi There

Just wondering if Mike or any of you guys that have been using the Aurora 9 might be able to help me out with something.

When I reverse my throttle servo I'm wanting to be able to adjust my trim when the stick is at the top of the radio not the bottom, I use to be able to do this with my DSX9 radio any advice would be great

Thanks
toolman207 is offline Find More Posts by toolman207