HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by BRENDAN LUGO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 03, 2010, 12:44 PM
USA, NY, Jamestown
Joined Jun 2000
2,910 Posts
What about a screen to show which switches have functions assigned to them and what that function is? Without the switches being labeled as on the Eclipse and between the different types of planes and helis I can't remember them. Maybe I just need to fly more so I use them more and then I might remember.
JoeR is offline Find More Posts by JoeR
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2010, 01:15 PM
Germany
Joined Nov 2008
6 Posts
Hi,

A 12 channel version.

Pit
Pitlem is offline Find More Posts by Pitlem
Old Jun 09, 2010, 08:22 PM
Portugal
Joined Dec 2007
186 Posts
hello,

my new aurora is great. I found a missed piece... My girlfriend is always complaining about the beep sound... This is my first radio and i only use it as a simulator controller.
This should be a new (small) option to the new software release.
Thank you in advanced.
xenupy is offline Find More Posts by xenupy
Old Jun 09, 2010, 08:25 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenupy View Post
hello,

my new aurora is great. I found a missed piece... My girlfriend is always complaining about the beep sound... This is my first radio and i only use it as a simulator controller.
This should be a new (small) option to the new software release.
Thank you in advanced.
Per Mike, it will be implemented in firmware V1.07 which is due out very soon.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Jun 10, 2010, 03:59 AM
France
Joined Jan 2007
13 Posts
Date of release 1.07

This bips is why i previously answered about date of this release 1.07 ! Women dont like that sounds

"Mute function" is a very hurry thing to add to be this tx perfect !
michalss is offline Find More Posts by michalss
Old Jun 10, 2010, 02:30 PM
Portugal
Joined Dec 2007
186 Posts
Thank you my friends,

They are like dogs if you know what i mean
xenupy is offline Find More Posts by xenupy
Old Jun 11, 2010, 06:02 PM
Sloping the Financial Cliff
USA, CA, Santee
Joined Oct 2007
2,470 Posts
I'm not sure if this is a programming thing, but it would be nice if the analog servo twitch on rx power one could be fixed.
fcbflyer is offline Find More Posts by fcbflyer
Old Jun 12, 2010, 04:22 PM
Joined Jun 2010
4 Posts
Feature request for wish list: Make the timer triggering dependent on the flight mode.

(background: control both engine and butterfly in e-gliders by throttle stick. Don't want timer to count down in butterfly config. Small point, but a bit unelegant at the moment)

bEst,

Holger
paderflying is offline Find More Posts by paderflying
Old Jun 13, 2010, 10:54 AM
Joined Nov 2004
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paderflying View Post
Feature request for wish list: Make the timer triggering dependent on the flight mode.

(background: control both engine and butterfly in e-gliders by throttle stick. Don't want timer to count down in butterfly config. Small point, but a bit unelegant at the moment)

bEst,

Holger
In fact, more simple solution is to use channel position instead of stick/switch position for timer triggering. Such a possibility would be great, as well as the possibility to use both channels and controls in P-mixes.
maxadan is offline Find More Posts by maxadan
Old Jun 14, 2010, 04:46 PM
LI NY
Joined Sep 2008
1,013 Posts
IMPOTRANT Safety Concern for E-heli's

The hold condition(in Flt Conditions in Heli menu) should have a flat zero throttle curve consistent with that particular flight condition as a default.
fierce is offline Find More Posts by fierce
Last edited by fierce; Jun 17, 2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 11:00 AM
Devon UK
Joined Oct 2004
72 Posts
1 I second the guy who wants a page to see all the switch assignments.
2 Would like the ability to change AILE2/1 to L.AIL / R.AIL. Same with flaps.
3 Perhaps a better monitor page with the control surfaces shown. The channel display is not that obvious.
4 Hard EPA that cant be over-riden. Like SERVO EPA (absolute limit)and then MIX EPA(function limit)
Hogwash is offline Find More Posts by Hogwash
Last edited by Hogwash; Jun 16, 2010 at 06:48 AM.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 02:24 PM
Joined Nov 2004
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce View Post
The hold condition(in Flt Conditions in Heli menu) should have a flat zero throttle curve consistent with that particular flight condition as a default.
No radio on the market has such a feature (it is unusual for everyone who has ever flown a heli); in addition it would bring no advantage IMHO
maxadan is offline Find More Posts by maxadan
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:09 PM
Česká republika, Hlavní město Praha, Praha
Joined Jan 2007
37 Posts
New series of Auroras, sliders and with central notch

Hello Mike,

We have two Auroras at our home - me and my father. I could have a lot of comments, but I am still learning "how to" and waiting for new firmware release.
But anyway, My father has a earlier version of Aurora with side sliders without central notch. I know, there were a lot of comments forcing you guys "make notch for us".
My aurora is a newer one and has a central notch but not in the center !!
It is weird, because it seems to be in the center mechanically (at least optically), but not electrically (offset in A/D conversion ?). Beep to indicate the center is not in the mechanical center (where notch is) and this issue can be perfectly seen for example in programmable mixes. (Imagine situation when you using slider like this with CAMBMIX)
Can you explain this ? If you're interested, I can take pictures tomorrow.
Is there any way how to get both sliders without central notch please ?

Thank you

Jiri Panacek
Czech Republic
Europe
warhawk.cz is offline Find More Posts by warhawk.cz
Old Jun 18, 2010, 04:45 AM
Česká republika, Hlavní město Praha, Praha
Joined Jan 2007
37 Posts
Switch reversion

Another request or dumb question:

Is there any way how to reverse switch orientation ?
I am trying to use FLAP-CON mix for airbrake on my electric glider with three position switch and I am having problem with elevator compensation. Effect of compensation works when flaps are in their neutral position.
warhawk.cz is offline Find More Posts by warhawk.cz
Old Jun 18, 2010, 04:52 PM
Joined Jun 2010
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhawk.cz View Post
My aurora is a newer one and has a central notch but not in the center !!
It is weird, because it seems to be in the center mechanically (at least optically), but not electrically
Hello Jiri,

Having mechanical midpoint and electrical ("beep") midpoint separate is very useful. Have a look at how these sliders control mixers, e.g., for flaps. Gives fine-grained control for a set-point (mechanical middle) and neutral point (beeping) and still have full control for a wide range. I found this one of the very clever ideas of this remote control; very impressed by the forethought.
paderflying is offline Find More Posts by paderflying