Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by BRENDAN LUGO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 15, 2010, 10:34 AM
United States, VA, Norfolk
Joined Sep 2007
414 Posts
Mike, on slightly separate note, is Hitec sending free replacement right and left side sliders with the physical detent so we can replace them on our radios? I would prefer to not take the part off the radio and then hack away at it.
burke757 is online now Find More Posts by burke757
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2010, 10:42 AM
United States, VA, Norfolk
Joined Sep 2007
414 Posts
MYP, I wonder if Hitec did not put the range and scan mode function on the touch screen so that it was not turned on by mistake. As a physical button, it makes much less likely that someone would turn it on accidentally.
burke757 is online now Find More Posts by burke757
Old May 16, 2010, 02:42 PM
Joined Nov 2004
8 Posts
Sorry, but I have just another trouble with flaps... and mixes.
I tried to solve problem with erroneous behavior of Flap2, therefore I used just one flap and wanted to use ProgMix to copy the movement of one flap to another, connected to Aux1. What a surprise - I found that that the second flap (on Aux1) moves even in flight modes where Flap stays retracted. In fact - programmable mix Flap>Aux1 actually means (stick or switch controlling the Flap)>Aux1.
I hope that in SW version 1.XX we will be able to use both channels and sticks/switches as Master in ProgMixes (and they will be clearly distinguished).
Dan
maxadan is offline Find More Posts by maxadan
Old May 25, 2010, 07:06 PM
Winnipeg, Canada
Joined Jul 2006
92 Posts
Attn...Mike

Glad to see some changes are in the works for the Bfly programming. How about another correction for the glider guiders out here. On page 108 of the manual it states that these slippery gliders use Bfly to help landing, true but all full house gliders I've set up so far do not repeat NOT require a bit of up elevator to compensate. They usually require considerable down elevator when Bfly is deployed. If one is to use the Bfly menu you have to use a workaround and offset the elevator neutral as this menu assumes wrongly that you only want up elevator (stab) with flaps down Bfly deployment. If non of you other full house glider guys out there find their radio works (doesn't work?) this way please speak up so I can send mine in for a fix!
EK
ekletke is offline Find More Posts by ekletke
Old May 25, 2010, 08:25 PM
Sloping the Financial Cliff
USA, CA, Santee
Joined Oct 2007
2,444 Posts
I can put up or down in Bfly.
fcbflyer is offline Find More Posts by fcbflyer
Old May 27, 2010, 10:32 AM
Lewis Center, OH
Joined Jun 2006
2,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olteancr View Post
What I would like to see in the new software upgrade would be a simple function, to have the option to selectively turn on/off channels
for the trainer port beyond channel 4.

I know its not hard to do and I know Hitec can do it because if Futaba can I'm sure Hitec can do it even better than them.
Thank you,
Rob
FYI: there are a LOT of FPV flyers that would love to use the Aurora 9, and would, if it had this ability.

I thought I heard this was in the works in a future firmware update.

Any news Hitec folks?
Mr.Pibb is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Pibb
Site Sponsor
Old May 27, 2010, 09:23 PM
"ya can't get hurt in the air"
United States, NY, Cazenovia
Joined Oct 2009
192 Posts
Ditto that Mr. Pibb, It's not just FPV'ers that want it, I want to get one also but if the Engineers can't run the still camera through the trainer port I have to keep doing what I'm doing or go with futaba.

Please Hitec...I want one!!!

Thanks, Tim
King Pin is offline Find More Posts by King Pin
Old May 28, 2010, 12:02 AM
Italy
Joined Apr 2010
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olteancr View Post
What I would like to see in the new software upgrade would be a simple function, to have the option to selectively turn on/off channels
for the trainer port beyond channel 4.

I know its not hard to do and I know Hitec can do it because if Futaba can I'm sure Hitec can do it even better than them.
Thank you,
Rob
I hope this upgrade will be done otherway I have to buy a futaba radio for use headtracking
jorrison is offline Find More Posts by jorrison
Old May 28, 2010, 01:08 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,263 Posts
You can use Flytron HT with Aurora without troubles, it knows to inject his own PPM and subtract original radio channels.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old May 28, 2010, 08:13 AM
Lewis Center, OH
Joined Jun 2006
2,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
You can use Flytron HT with Aurora without troubles, it knows to inject his own PPM and subtract original radio channels.
I need to look at that thread again. I thought he said it wouldn't work. (or is this with some hacking inside the radio?) A lot of radios can be hacked, but having the options in the menu is the preferred method.

Edit: yea, that's the whole reason I came to this thread in the first place!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=334
Mr.Pibb is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Pibb
Site Sponsor
Old May 31, 2010, 08:21 AM
France
Joined Jan 2007
13 Posts
End of May and 1.07 firmware update for Aurora 9

Hi,

It seems 1.07 firmware update for Aurora 9 was planed for end of may... but we're last day of this month. Is anybody has new about it ?

Stan
michalss is offline Find More Posts by michalss
Old Jun 01, 2010, 05:18 AM
Ukraine
Joined Jun 2010
25 Posts
2 problem in Aurora 9 was detected:
1. Transmitter. External MCU reset supervisor is not soldered. Empty placement near MCU programming connector. Any good power glitch is damage MCU flash.
Power on reset and Brown-out detection circuit what inside MCU is working very bad.
2. Optima 9 receiver is very bad working on a big helicopter using 4x of NiCd power and 3 digital servo like Futaba S9252 on swash plate (CCPM120). Any quickly movement of Pitch/throttle stick is shuting this receiver to reset.

Wery useful function for heli:
1. Virtual swash ring (like in Futaba).
2. Virtual swash plate rotation. (it can be make mechanical not on all heli).
regarg is offline Find More Posts by regarg
Old Jun 01, 2010, 03:54 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by regarg View Post
2 problem in Aurora 9 was detected:
1. Transmitter. External MCU reset supervisor is not soldered. Empty placement near MCU programming connector. Any good power glitch is damage MCU flash. Power on reset and Brown-out detection circuit what inside MCU is working very bad.
2. Optima 9 receiver is very bad working on a big helicopter using 4x of NiCd power and 3 digital servo like Futaba S9252 on swash plate (CCPM120). Any quickly movement of Pitch/throttle stick is shuting this receiver to reset.

Wery useful function for heli:
1. Virtual swash ring (like in Futaba).
2. Virtual swash plate rotation. (it can be make mechanical not on all heli).
1. Uncertain as to my translation of problem.
2. The same problem will occur with any other 2.4GHz system - user must always ensure battery pack can supply sufficient power under load to meet demand of servos, gyro and receiver at all times. Your combination requires a 5cell (6.0v) preferably "C" size . refer:
a. Optima Transceiver (RX) - SPC - SPC connection & Lead Detailed plus Optima Current Draw/Amps
b. Optima Transceiver (RX) - Multiple Batteries may be installed Dual batteries for redundancy or even one for each servo.
3. Aurora A9 - Heli Swash (Cyclic) Ring to be included in a future Firmware Update.

more informnation:
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Jun 02, 2010, 05:02 AM
Ukraine
Joined Jun 2010
25 Posts
Simply way to fix problem with 4x NiCd power is in attachment.
I am a bad artist but think picture is understandable.

Also, I not see any input voltage filtration circuits inside Optima 9 receiver.
Old Jun 02, 2010, 06:33 AM
Ukraine
Joined Jun 2010
25 Posts
Found software mistake in heli program.

Situation:
Throttle servo end point -100..+100%
Idling throttle trimmer +25
When moving throttle stick from bottom to top position the throttle
servo is starting close engine throttle (near 15% of throttle stick position) then starting open.
Mus be only open direction.

Fixing:
Throttle servo end point -80..+100%
Idling throttle trimmer ~0..-5
Moving of throttle stick is only open engine throttle.

Also.
Not comfortably using throttle lock icon when make changes in throttle curve. Much better use throttle lock button or both - button and icon and use it by choice.
Last edited by regarg; Jun 02, 2010 at 06:52 AM.