HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by BRENDAN LUGO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 02:41 AM
B72
Arthur,Ontario, Canada
Joined Jan 2006
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planesinsane View Post
If we were able to mix throttle to throttle in the P.Mixes then it'd be a simple matter of assigning a switch to control throttle operation.

At present we have no external control over the throttle other than the throttle stick itself.

I too don't like the built-in throttle lock feature.
Why do you mix throttle to throttle?
B72 is offline Find More Posts by B72
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:07 AM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Aug 2003
97 Posts
Having the ability to mix a channel to itself allows you to control its operation with a switch. For example, by mixing throttle to throttle you can assign a switch to the mix and disable the throttle stick. Flick the switch and the throttle is enabled again.

In fact this is what I always did with my 10x when flying electrics.
planesinsane is offline Find More Posts by planesinsane
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:33 AM
B72
Arthur,Ontario, Canada
Joined Jan 2006
143 Posts
Thanks for the explanation. Now it makes sense!
B72 is offline Find More Posts by B72
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:09 AM
Look out! The lever!
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Feb 2005
2,601 Posts
I would like to be able to name the aux channels. For example, "Tow Release" or any other feature that one would choose to assign a channel to. Also, a method to independently set up "tri-lerons" would be very nice as some scale gliders use these. I can do this with my other radios (JR 12X and Multiplex), but prefer to fly with the Aurora.

I still find a problem when using "Flap Control" in which one flap will work fine and the other flap channel likes to work in reverse. Reversing the channel doesn't help because then it's incorrect in other modes. Very, very annoying to have to use a work around to get this to function correctly.

-bob
bobthenuke is offline Find More Posts by bobthenuke
Old Apr 21, 2010, 03:28 PM
Česká republika, Hlavní město Praha, Praha
Joined Jan 2007
37 Posts
Servo Limit

Hello guys from Hitec, this will be probably direct question and request for Mike:

- I thought that Aurora 9 has a servo limit, but now I am little bit disappointed because It has same "feature" like other low cost radios.

- Maybe you think, that is not a "big deal", but lets say, that I have a small electric GFK glider like "Ocelot" :

http://www.dsmodel.cz/english/ocelot_e.htm

and basic configuration of this plane has only ailerons. There is only one way, how to slow down this type of plane during landing maneuver - Set both ailerons UP and horizontal stabilizer little bit down (I am expecting that you know, what I am talking about). Of course, I can use "Airbrake" function and It works well, but consider situation, that both ailerons are up on their maximal position and you need to use ailerons like regular ailerons at the same time (above that, you need a high rates because ailerons have low response when the plane is on brakes). Servo horn or push rod can easily brake or servo can burnout.

It's funny, because I sold my MX16s and bought aurora 9 because of servolimit (I am serious now, 2,4Ghz was extra bonus).

- Next wish :

- please change Timer switching settings. A lot of guys, flying electric gliders, are using throttle stick for brakes (crow) and motor at the same time-based on selected flight condition. However, Timer is not associated for channel, but for eg. throttle stick so, timer is counting when pilot is using brakes.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Jiri

Czech Republic
warhawk.cz is offline Find More Posts by warhawk.cz
Old Apr 21, 2010, 06:01 PM
Joined Nov 2004
8 Posts
Both motor and brakes controlled by throttle stick (glider)

Problem with full-house gliders using throttle stick for motor control in one flight condition and for butterfly or airbrakes in another (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4583) could be solved easily - by integration of Thro.Cut function into Glid model type...
The above mentioned solution took two extra channels which are sometimes impossible to sacrifice and two PM to get it work.
maxadan is offline Find More Posts by maxadan
Last edited by maxadan; Apr 22, 2010 at 02:21 AM.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 06:36 PM
Joined Dec 2009
12 Posts
Hitec, PLEASE PLEASE introduce a function similar to JR/Spektrum's model match in the next firmware update.

Last Sunday I saw the benefit of such a function when my father in law was working on one of his plane and the other was being inspected by another flyer who switched on the plane. Luckily both planes were on the ground and not in the air otherwise it could have been the end of one of the plane.
mickzo is offline Find More Posts by mickzo
Old Apr 22, 2010, 07:25 PM
Kenny- Really!
USA, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Jul 2007
809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickzo View Post
Hitec, PLEASE PLEASE introduce a function similar to JR/Spektrum's model match in the next firmware update.

Last Sunday I saw the benefit of such a function when my father in law was working on one of his plane and the other was being inspected by another flyer who switched on the plane. Luckily both planes were on the ground and not in the air otherwise it could have been the end of one of the plane.
I don't know if that is too "doable" as JR has a patent on that. simply calling it something else won't cut it as far as the patent goes. Hopefully they'll come up with something! I also have to say it..... PRE-FLIGHT....
exciter900rr is offline Find More Posts by exciter900rr
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:16 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,196 Posts
Hey guys,

I want to thank you all for all the excellent suggestions... some of these are already coming in V1.07 but there are still many that have not been addressed. The good news is that we are heading off to Korea next week for our annual RnD meeting and I have compiled these suggestions so we will discuss them with the programmers and determine their priority, and complexity, to establish a game plane for their possible implementation.

It's cool to have such a tool as RCG and the great following that we have here... I feel I know many of you personally and appreciate all the input no matter how small (or crazy!) To have the ability for the end user to have a say in improving a product such as the Aurora is unprecidented... we truely are forging new ground, and I'm happy and proud to be a part of it!

Thanks again... and keep those suggestions coming!

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Apr 23, 2010, 07:23 AM
LI NY
Joined Sep 2008
1,013 Posts
Mike thanks for being on here and being the voice of us, we appreciate it.
fierce is offline Find More Posts by fierce
Old Apr 23, 2010, 09:04 AM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,644 Posts
Hey Mike,

When flying, it would be very nice to have a (configurable?) screen that just has the "essentials" on it like SPC port or telemetry data, and timer data. Maybe in BIG characters? I miss the big timer characters from my Optic.

thanks for a great radio!
Bigster is online now Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Apr 23, 2010, 08:35 PM
Angels without wings
USA, NY, New York
Joined Sep 2004
774 Posts
This may not be classified as a "wish" as much as a "please fix"

I think I found a glitch in the programming of Flap to Elev mixing.

I selected "E" a 3 position switch in "FLP CON" mix
POS 0 is all the way back or my no flaps position I CAN mix Elev in this position (but would have no reason too).
POS 1 is the middle position I can mix Elev in this position, and did
POS 2 forward position, or my FULL flaps I CAN NOT mix Elev in this position, but wanted too

So I used P-Mix to make this short
POS 0 = OFF (didn't try to mis anything in this position because it "should" be off
POS 1 = ON WILL NOT MIX Elev in this position (but I wanted too)
POS 2 = ON WILL mix Elev in this position (and I did use it)

So I had to use BOTH P-Mix & "FLP CON" to mix the Elev in the two flap(switch) positions.

I also have Flaps, "FLP CON", and P-Mix all set to switch E.

Oh and setting up flaps on Switch E was a PITA. In order to get the 3 positions I wanted I had to use a combo of EPA, subtrim, and "FLP CON". I still don't even know how I got it to work and doubt I could do it again, and the Manual was of no help!
RCFlyer55 is offline Find More Posts by RCFlyer55
Old Apr 23, 2010, 09:38 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFlyer55 View Post
This may not be classified as a "wish" as much as a "please fix"

I think I found a glitch in the programming of Flap to Elev mixing.

I selected "E" a 3 position switch in "FLP CON" mix
POS 0 is all the way back or my no flaps position I CAN mix Elev in this position (but would have no reason too).
POS 1 is the middle position I can mix Elev in this position, and did
POS 2 forward position, or my FULL flaps I CAN NOT mix Elev in this position, but wanted too

So I used P-Mix to make this short
POS 0 = OFF (didn't try to mis anything in this position because it "should" be off
POS 1 = ON WILL NOT MIX Elev in this position (but I wanted too)
POS 2 = ON WILL mix Elev in this position (and I did use it)

So I had to use BOTH P-Mix & "FLP CON" to mix the Elev in the two flap(switch) positions.

I also have Flaps, "FLP CON", and P-Mix all set to switch E.

Oh and setting up flaps on Switch E was a PITA. In order to get the 3 positions I wanted I had to use a combo of EPA, subtrim, and "FLP CON". I still don't even know how I got it to work and doubt I could do it again, and the Manual was of no help!
The first thing to do is assign the flap channel to a 3-pos switch. Then in FLAP COND use this same switch and then there is independent flap and elevator settings for each position of the switch.

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Apr 24, 2010, 09:05 AM
Angels without wings
USA, NY, New York
Joined Sep 2004
774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
The first thing to do is assign the flap channel to a 3-pos switch. Then in FLAP COND use this same switch and then there is independent flap and elevator settings for each position of the switch.

Mike.
Mike that is exactly how I did it.

yes there SHOULD be independent flap and elevator settings for each position of the switch. but it does not work. That is my point.

Position 0 only the Highlighted 100% can be changed. The 100% on the left can not be highlighted or changed. The ELEV % CAN be changed and will move the elevator. But I don't want the elev to move with the flaps in their fixed position

Pos 1 BOTH values for Flaps can be changed & ELEV % can be changed and the mix workes correctly

Pos 2 ONLY the left % can be changed, the 100% value can not be highlighted or changed. The ELEV % can be changed but does NOTHING to the elevator. Mix is not working.
RCFlyer55 is offline Find More Posts by RCFlyer55
Old Apr 24, 2010, 10:42 AM
Northern Alabama, USA
Joined Apr 2003
684 Posts
RCFlyer55:

Try moving your left slider to get to the left and right flap settings on your screen shots.
Check your Channel Function menu item under the System menu. On mine, flap was set to the left slider after I selected a 2 aileron and 1 flap setup from the MDL Type Menu, and I had to use the slider to move between the left and right flap settings on the screen shots you show above. It seems to do that in spite of setting the flap control to a switch in the Flap Control Menu. Apparently you use that to move back and forth between the flap settings, and then null out the slider in the Channel Function menu when you are done making your settings. Not exactly intuitive. I found this by accident by playing with various switches and sliders while in the flap menu. The manual makes no mention of this that I could find.

You can set everything in this order
1. Select 2 aileron and 1 flap in the Model Type menu. Or however many aileron and flap servos you have.
2. Leave the flap channel(s) assigned to the left slider. You can verify this in the Channel menu item.
3. Go to the FLAP CON menu item. Select Switch E as the control
4. Use the left slider to move between the left and right flap settings in each of the three positions of Switch E.
5. Also set the elevator as required.
6. Now go back to the Channel Menu and select Switch E as the control for flaps.

Does that help?

Jon
jonlowe is offline Find More Posts by jonlowe
Last edited by jonlowe; Apr 24, 2010 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Clarified