SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by BRENDAN LUGO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 02, 2010, 11:04 PM
Singapore
Joined Jan 2004
1,830 Posts
Don't know whether it is already requested or not.. if not, here is my wishlist:
1. Throttle Reverse function (Just like Futaba)

SH
Super_Hornet is offline Find More Posts by Super_Hornet
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2010, 03:54 AM
Adelaide , South Australia
Joined May 2005
62 Posts
I have the A9 and have a software wish. Is there any way of stopping the RX momentarily losing signal output in the case of a minor failsafe condition? The reason being i am flying large gas planes and i use a Smartfly ignition kill switch. When i test failsafe the channel momentarily loses the signal output from the RX , just long enough to cut the ignition. I want the ignition to stay on and the engine to go to idle , not cut out. There seems to be no way to do this with the Hitec failsafe condition.
Tyro is offline Find More Posts by Tyro
Old Apr 05, 2010, 05:03 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyro View Post
I have the A9 and have a software wish. Is there any way of stopping the RX momentarily losing signal output in the case of a minor failsafe condition? The reason being i am flying large gas planes and i use a Smartfly ignition kill switch. When i test failsafe the channel momentarily loses the signal output from the RX , just long enough to cut the ignition. I want the ignition to stay on and the engine to go to idle , not cut out. There seems to be no way to do this with the Hitec failsafe condition.
Spectra Module & Optima 7 Failsafe issue
Update in a firmware change has been requested but whilst not yet shown
Aurora A9 - Firmware Update V1.06 Detailed_a
Aurora A9 - Firmware Update V1.06 Detailed_b.
Aurora A9 - Firmware Update V1.07 Planned Details.
We have not yet been advised of all the changes in V1.07 which is due within a couple of weeks.

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {frequently updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Apr 05, 2010, 06:57 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,116 Posts
With all the issues with range testing a 2.4 system and antenna placement, when will someone come up with a mode where I can pick which servos I want to continuously operate while in reduced power mode.

All too often I am alone at the field or am at the house and need to test my Rx antenna position. If this mode were possible, i could set the tranny on a stool and walk away with the plane while I could test all orientations without another helper.

Frank
Fly2High is offline Find More Posts by Fly2High
Old Apr 05, 2010, 02:29 PM
Joined Aug 2009
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2High View Post
With all the issues with range testing a 2.4 system and antenna placement, when will someone come up with a mode where I can pick which servos I want to continuously operate while in reduced power mode.

All too often I am alone at the field or am at the house and need to test my Rx antenna position. If this mode were possible, i could set the tranny on a stool and walk away with the plane while I could test all orientations without another helper.

Frank
already in the radio

monitor mode, then click on the test.

and it will exersize em automaticly, at the rate set by the throttle.
firehopper is offline Find More Posts by firehopper
Old Apr 06, 2010, 02:14 AM
Adelaide , South Australia
Joined May 2005
62 Posts
Thanks Alan , looks like i missed that one. Hopefully will be able to update soon.
Tyro is offline Find More Posts by Tyro
Old Apr 06, 2010, 04:09 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,329 Posts
Another request -

Let the throttle position be able to be an assignable switch to control dual rates, High throttle=Low rate being the idea. Be very handy for go fast stuff.
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Apr 06, 2010, 09:49 AM
good listener
Haltom City TX
Joined May 2008
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyro View Post

If you are check failsafe operation by cutting power to the reciever/smartfly and using a optic kill system..... it will shut down the engine.... no way around it and it is not a A9 issue as it is the way Smart Fly is designed.

If you are turning the TX off to check it, I don't have a clue other than doing what you probably are doing... ie. making sure your TX kill switch is in the ON position when setting failsafe.
bgw45 is offline Find More Posts by bgw45
Old Apr 07, 2010, 12:12 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Joined Aug 2005
8,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by firehopper View Post
already in the radio

monitor mode, then click on the test.

and it will exersize em automaticly, at the rate set by the throttle.
Is that in reduced power mode so I can do a range test?
Old Apr 07, 2010, 04:10 PM
Mobile Alabama
Joined Sep 2003
926 Posts
Hopefully the monkeys are working on a software upgrade to a 12 channel!!! I'd gladly pay $50 per extra channel for the software upgrade (as long as they also put out receivers, lol)!! Seriously, hitec some make some serious extra $ and not have to make any additional hardware other than a 12 channel receiver... It would be GREAT to have the extra channels for jets and scale aircraft!!!!
Jon Koppisch is offline Find More Posts by Jon Koppisch
Old Apr 07, 2010, 07:58 PM
Northern Alabama, USA
Joined Apr 2003
684 Posts
Feature Wish List

Here's my list, most of which are very useful to pattern and giant scale precision aerobatic pilots. I mentioned one of these several posts back, but include it for completeness:

1. Split expo on primary controls (roll/pitch/yaw): Extremely useful for elevator to get the proper feel for extended inverted flight and manuevers. I also have a friend with small hands that uses a lower expo on left aileron than right to get the same feel around neutral. This feature is common in JR and Futaba radios (12x, 10x, 9303, 14mz, etc.)

2. Built in multipoint knife edge mix for rudder to aileron, and rudder to elevator on a single screen that can be changed during flight. I don't understand the thinking in the current software of only including a built in rudder to aileron mix. Multipoint mixes are useful for extreme rudder conditions for things such as knife edge loops to eliminate coupling.

3. Stick switches: JR 12x and Airtronics Stylus has these. I use one on my 12x to kick in a dual rate down elevator only in the last few degrees of down elevator stick movement for inverted spin entry. In addition, I use one on rudder that gives me increased rudder in the last few degrees of rudder stick movement. This one only works if I have in both full down elevator AND full rudder stick deflection, again for inverted spins. This combo saves me from flipping condition switches at all.

4. True "origin" mixing. Allows a mix only tied to the movement of the stick, and not trim or endpoints of the master channel. Common on all medium to high end radios. Essential for throttle to down elevator mixes for straight downlines, and throttle to rudder mixes.

5. Multipoint adjustment of dual and quad aileron servo mixes, and ailevator mixes: Very useful to fine tune servo matching when more than one servo is used on a surface.

I've played around with my Aurora quite a bit, and it is very nice as is. However the above improvements would greatly increase the flexibility of the radio, making it highly attractive to an even broader collection of pilots. For me, I consider the split expos essential for my flying.

Jon
jonlowe is online now Find More Posts by jonlowe
Old Apr 07, 2010, 11:56 PM
myp
Joined Oct 2007
1,103 Posts
Easier way to bind receiver

Many of us fly parkflyers with no switch in the power circuit. This makes it very hard to hold down the bind button on the receiver while at the same time connect the battery to the ESC. You either need 3 hands or a helper in order to do this. It is especially hard if you need to rebind a receiver that is already installed on the plane.

It would be great if binding can take place after the receiver has been powered up and when the bind button is depressed.
myp is offline Find More Posts by myp
Old Apr 08, 2010, 06:11 AM
Joined Aug 2009
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2High View Post
Is that in reduced power mode so I can do a range test?
it should work in reduced power mode as well..
I havent tried it myself.. but it should work.
firehopper is offline Find More Posts by firehopper
Old Apr 08, 2010, 07:48 AM
Joined Nov 2005
73 Posts
@ MikeMayberry

to get back to my request. As u know Multiplex does several languages in their transmitter menu. I know a lot of other people who would love to get the A9, but they dont get the A9 because of this issue.

I think this is the wrong thread for this question
How much data can be tranfered with the telemetrie channel? Will it be possible to use a flight cam like in FVP?
Markus05 is offline Find More Posts by Markus05
Last edited by Markus05; Apr 08, 2010 at 08:33 AM.
Old Apr 08, 2010, 08:58 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Joined Aug 2005
8,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by firehopper View Post
it should work in reduced power mode as well..
I havent tried it myself.. but it should work.
When you get a chance, can you give it a try?

thanks