HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by BRENDAN LUGO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 07:34 PM
Mobile Alabama
Joined Sep 2003
926 Posts
It would be nice to be able to select whether or not the radio transmitted automatically or if you want the option to not transmit. For 2.4, I'd rather it just transmitted automatically. For binding, the radio not transmitting on startup can be a bit of a pain... Trying to hold the bind button along with looking at the front of the radio and selecting to transmit or not etc...
Jon Koppisch is offline Find More Posts by Jon Koppisch
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2010, 08:18 PM
Northern Alabama, USA
Joined Apr 2003
684 Posts
Split Expo

One function I'd like to see is a split expo function. In other words, I'd like to be able to program different expo on down elevator vs. up elevator. JR has had this since at least the 10x, and is also available on the 12x. I use this on all of my pattern airplanes, and I know the giant scale pilots use it also. This enables us to fine tune the feel of the plane while inverted. I know other pilots who use this capability on aileron and rudder because of the difference in reach of thumbs or fingers for left and right.

I've been thru my manual and played with my Aurora quite a bit. If this is already available, I sure can't find it.

Jon
jonlowe is online now Find More Posts by jonlowe
Old Mar 30, 2010, 07:37 AM
LI NY
Joined Sep 2008
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Koppisch View Post
It would be nice to be able to select whether or not the radio transmitted automatically or if you want the option to not transmit. For 2.4, I'd rather it just transmitted automatically. For binding, the radio not transmitting on startup can be a bit of a pain... Trying to hold the bind button along with looking at the front of the radio and selecting to transmit or not etc...
Yeah you kind of need to be an octopus. Another solution is what others have done to the module is do not make the button recessed. This way we don't need a tool to hold in there we can just use a finger.

First let me say I really like the radio. I find that the top switches are too close for my fingers to get between them though. Also I feel the quality of switches are not the greatest. They move side to side and do not firmly click for and back. They feel mushy to me. Not to say they do not work, because they do. They could feel better.
fierce is offline Find More Posts by fierce
Old Mar 30, 2010, 11:09 AM
good listener
Haltom City TX
Joined May 2008
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
"Aurora A9 - Battery Installed ex Factory is part #54128 "TX NiMH battery (6 cell) Pack (Flat Type) for AUR (RA9) 7.2v / 1300 MAh"(not an Eneloop 2000)...... NB: see note re fitting alternate batteries."
"NB: If fitting a Lipo or alternate battery.
Increase or decrease the thickness of the rubber pad attached inside the battery cover. This to ensure a snug fit which
a. Holds the battery in place to prevent damage towires or connector.
b. Ensures battery cover does not slip off during use."

as per
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {frequently updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
And it works!
bgw45 is offline Find More Posts by bgw45
Old Apr 01, 2010, 08:55 PM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Aug 2003
97 Posts
Here's a simple one I think. The ability to transmit after saying 'no transmit'. Many times I want to do some programming and then check it out in transmit mode. I have to turn off the tx and then turn it on again to get the option to transmit.

I noticed that once I turn the radio on and come to the main screen that there is a little transmitter icon that is shaded all black in non transmit mode and it is reversed in transmit mode. If I push this icon I can hear the tx beep but nothing happens. This tells me the sensor underneath that icon is there to do something. To me that something should be to take me back to the initial opening yes or no to transmit menu.
planesinsane is offline Find More Posts by planesinsane
Old Apr 01, 2010, 09:08 PM
Kenny- Really!
USA, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Jul 2007
809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planesinsane View Post
Here's a simple one I think. The ability to transmit after saying 'no transmit'. Many times I want to do some programming and then check it out in transmit mode. I have to turn off the tx and then turn it on again to get the option to transmit.

I noticed that once I turn the radio on and come to the main screen that there is a little transmitter icon that is shaded all black in non transmit mode and it is reversed in transmit mode. If I push this icon I can hear the tx beep but nothing happens. This tells me the sensor underneath that icon is there to do something. To me that something should be to take me back to the initial opening yes or no to transmit menu.
+1

maybe with an "are you sure" screen to be sure that you can't accidentally stop transmitting during a flight?
exciter900rr is offline Find More Posts by exciter900rr
Old Apr 01, 2010, 09:16 PM
Joined Aug 2003
97 Posts
I guess I should have added this to my initial message. If you turn on your radio and go ahead and transmit, you'll notice that if you push the little tx icon the tx doesn't beep.

So it seems there is no way to turn off transmitting once it's selected, which is the way it should be. Pushing the icon in non transmit mode does beep. So it seems the firmware is almost there to do what I think most would like it to do.

Hope this clarifies my points a little better.
Old Apr 01, 2010, 09:27 PM
Dallas, TX
Joined Jan 2005
2,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planesinsane View Post
I guess I should have added this to my initial message. If you turn on your radio and go ahead and transmit, you'll notice that if you push the little tx icon the tx doesn't beep.

So it seems there is no way to turn off transmitting once it's selected, which is the way it should be. Pushing the icon in non transmit mode does beep. So it seems the firmware is almost there to do what I think most would like it to do.

Hope this clarifies my points a little better.
Push and hold the button while in non-transmit mode and it will come back up to the screen and ask if you wish to transmit. Atleast firmware 1.0.5 does this. Once the HPP-22 stuff works again I can test it with 1.0.6.

Alan
jh2rc97 is offline Find More Posts by jh2rc97
Old Apr 01, 2010, 10:32 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,200 Posts
Are you kidding me!!! Ding, ding ding... we have a winner; undiscovered feature found! I knew it beeped and always wanted to be able to transmit without turning the radio off and on, but I never held it down!

I had to go grab my TX as soon as I read this and "shownuff" ... there it is! Seriously, I did not know about this... we sure didn't find it when writing the manual.

Alan, I think you deserve a T-shirt for that... PM me with you shirt size and mailing address and I'll hook you up with one of our new "Special Edition" "H" logo shirts!

Man, I still can't beleive I missed that for all these months!

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Last edited by MikeMayberry; Apr 01, 2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old Apr 01, 2010, 11:05 PM
Team 3DHS
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2004
15,632 Posts
lol... learn something new everyday .
BoneDoc is offline Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Old Apr 01, 2010, 11:42 PM
Northern Alabama, USA
Joined Apr 2003
684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh2rc97 View Post
Push and hold the button while in non-transmit mode and it will come back up to the screen and ask if you wish to transmit. Atleast firmware 1.0.5 does this. Once the HPP-22 stuff works again I can test it with 1.0.6.

Alan
Now that is cool!

Jon
jonlowe is online now Find More Posts by jonlowe
Old Apr 01, 2010, 11:45 PM
Kenny- Really!
USA, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Jul 2007
809 Posts
After looking at the TX and monkeying with it, I realize that it's just a one way deal. on from off, but not the reverse- you cant hold it again and choose to turn it back off with the same prompts. I guess however that it really isn't necessary... I do like that you can transmit without turning off then on!
exciter900rr is offline Find More Posts by exciter900rr
Old Apr 01, 2010, 11:52 PM
Joined Aug 2003
97 Posts
Just FREAKIN' amazing. I can't count the times I pushed that stupid little icon.

Thanks for the new update jh2rc97! Version 1.06 (1)
Old Apr 02, 2010, 03:12 PM
Joined Nov 2005
73 Posts
What about different languages ? will hitec support some different languages for the Aurora 9
Markus05 is offline Find More Posts by Markus05
Old Apr 02, 2010, 04:31 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,200 Posts
I know there are different regions selectable in the service menu but never changed them to see if the language changed.

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry