HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by BRENDAN LUGO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:42 AM
V
USA
Joined Mar 2009
392 Posts
Big dissapoinment for FPV(First Person View) enthusiasts with the A9 software !!!!

What I would like to see in the new software upgrade would be a simple function, to have the option to selectively turn on/off channels
for the trainer port beyond channel 4.

I know its not hard to do and I know Hitec can do it because if Futaba can I'm sure Hitec can do it even better than them.
Thank you,
Rob
V is offline Find More Posts by V
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2010, 04:24 PM
Rosh-Pina, Israel
Joined Sep 2001
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
Hi.
Here is my wish list (most important first):

1) Add a fixed value choice for each Auxiliary channel which can be different in each flight mode.
2) Increase the number of channels to 12 or 16 like the Multiplex M-Link and add the ability to stack up receivers.
3) Add RSSI indication on the Tx.
4) Create a Linux (Ubuntu at least) software version.

My big wish which i know is difficult to be done is a firmware version that will have the profi 4000 style of mixers (each channel controlled by a mixer with 4-7 switchable inputs) and could be offered as an alternative.
I know that i and many others would pay a reasonable fee for having the above mentioned hypothetical upgrade(s).
In my mind the profi 4000 style of programming coupled with the modern electronics of the Aurora will produce the killer radio.
Chris
My wish list
1. More flexibility. I find that a logical open type of program language (mpx profi 4000) is easier to use and understand than the pre-set mixers of the Eastern radios. The Aurora program is inflexible in a numbers of issues. For example EPA setting and channel function cannot be change per flight mode - thus in a 4 servos wing motor glider (for example mpx Cularis) I was unable to program J3 for motor control during launch mode and for crow (flaps) during landing mode. it is possible to do with the JR 9303 and with mpx radios.
2. Mac (A Unix machine with nice interface) compatible program.
3. Numerical indication of output position (display of the output in the mixer widow would be great)
4. a small tool attached to the transmitter - a small JIS screwdriver for tension adjustment with soft cap for the touch screen.
5. Please organize your manual (index, ratinal order of presentation - getting stated, general programing, acro heli, glider.
6. a written set of templates for gliders with actual setting as a stating point (See an excellent paper by knight in the JR Horizon web site)

Thanks
Nahum
nahum is offline Find More Posts by nahum
Old Mar 16, 2010, 09:19 PM
Kenny- Really!
USA, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Jul 2007
809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahum View Post
My wish list
1. More flexibility. I find that a logical open type of program language (mpx profi 4000) is easier to use and understand than the pre-set mixers of the Eastern radios. The Aurora program is inflexible in a numbers of issues. For example EPA setting and channel function cannot be change per flight mode - thus in a 4 servos wing motor glider (for example mpx Cularis) I was unable to program J3 for motor control during launch mode and for crow (flaps) during landing mode. it is possible to do with the JR 9303 and with mpx radios.
2. Mac (A Unix machine with nice interface) compatible program.
3. Numerical indication of output position (display of the output in the mixer widow would be great)
4. a small tool attached to the transmitter - a small JIS screwdriver for tension adjustment with soft cap for the touch screen.
5. Please organize your manual (index, ratinal order of presentation - getting stated, general programing, acro heli, glider.
6. a written set of templates for gliders with actual setting as a stating point (See an excellent paper by knight in the JR Horizon web site)

Thanks
Nahum
+ 10 on at least writing software to use the hpp-22 with Mac
+10 on organizing the manual
As well as a drawn out set of templates for us cavemen who need pictures and stuff to point the way.. My Airtr****s Vision radio from the '80's had the templates drawn out and it was well, so easy a ... you know...

One last thing-

THIS RADIO KICKS BUTT!!!!! I LOVE IT ALREADY, and I haven't even used it yet!!! Seriously, These are not criticisms, just ways to make it better for some.....
exciter900rr is offline Find More Posts by exciter900rr
Old Mar 18, 2010, 08:25 AM
Mobile Alabama
Joined Sep 2003
915 Posts
A 12 channel version in the $700 range!!!!

That would finish the market off!!
Jon Koppisch is offline Find More Posts by Jon Koppisch
Old Mar 19, 2010, 08:36 PM
Joined Dec 2008
28 Posts
Still no news on the per model SPC voltage alarm?

It is one of the most basic, expected and easily doable feature...
RJSC is offline Find More Posts by RJSC
Old Mar 21, 2010, 02:27 PM
Team 3DHS
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2004
15,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Koppisch View Post
A 12 channel version in the $700 range!!!!

That would finish the market off!!
Ditto!

But even now, you can do 40% plane with 8 servos (2 / aileron, 2/rudder, 1/ elev) with the available A9.

That's what I'm going to do with my 40% Extra... 8 x 7950s... ouch .
BoneDoc is offline Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:33 PM
Auckland
Joined Mar 2010
271 Posts
differential

Great radio, but watts up with the aileron differential? I note a few posts regarding this, so just adding my bit. There is no real adjustment feature at present. Adjusting simply moves the entire chosen differential up or down when linked to a slider. I would have thought that the up and down travel would be individually adjustable. That's my piece
unhinged is offline Find More Posts by unhinged
Old Mar 24, 2010, 03:23 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unhinged View Post
Great radio, but watts up with the aileron differential? I note a few posts regarding this, so just adding my bit. There is no real adjustment feature at present. Adjusting simply moves the entire chosen differential up or down when linked to a slider. I would have thought that the up and down travel would be individually adjustable. That's my piece
Set up as per manual, copy page attached.
Other set ups under
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {frequently updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 04:21 AM
Auckland
Joined Mar 2010
271 Posts
Thanks A.T. Will give this another try. There is still a wee problem with slight flight surface readjustment when a slider or VR switch is activated. However in flight this can off course be corrected, but could lead to a few nervous moments in planes with very slight aileron movement. I think that a number of posters have allready commented on this. Again, a pleasure to programme!
Old Mar 27, 2010, 07:25 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
6,960 Posts
Ive got a wish, should be easy to implement -

On the servo monitor screen, show the rx voltage. So you can hit the servo test function and watch your Rx voltage at the same time
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Mar 27, 2010, 10:24 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
Ive got a wish, should be easy to implement -

On the servo monitor screen, show the rx voltage. So you can hit the servo test function and watch your Rx voltage at the same time
I second this motion! Nice call!

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Mar 28, 2010, 08:59 AM
good listener
Haltom City TX
Joined May 2008
88 Posts
Battery compartment door wish

I know this is a software thread, but here goes anyway. I posted in another thread that I have managed to "push" the battery compartment door open/loose twice while flying. The first time I didn't detect it till the compartment door was angled across the opening and I could feel the lipo. Landed safely each time so no loss suffered. As suggested by another A9 user, I will probably use tape to keep the door from sliding open.

My ego says this will look cheap. My pocket book says, "use the darn tape".

Another user also reported observing this issue, so I hope we could get a change to make this a little safer. Thanks, Bill
bgw45 is offline Find More Posts by bgw45
Old Mar 28, 2010, 11:29 PM
Auckland
Joined Mar 2010
271 Posts
Sorry for interjecting into a software thread, but this is a good opportunity to 2nd,3rd,
4th whatever. This has happened to me twice, during preflights fortunately. Any non-tape suggestions (Mike/Brendon)?
Old Mar 29, 2010, 01:54 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgw45 View Post
I know this is a software thread, but here goes anyway. I posted in another thread that I have managed to "push" the battery compartment door open/loose twice while flying. The first time I didn't detect it till the compartment door was angled across the opening and I could feel the lipo. Landed safely each time so no loss suffered. As suggested by another A9 user, I will probably use tape to keep the door from sliding open. My ego says this will look cheap. My pocket book says, "use the darn tape". Another user also reported observing this issue, so I hope we could get a change to make this a little safer. Thanks, Bill
"Aurora A9 - Battery Installed ex Factory is part #54128 "TX NiMH battery (6 cell) Pack (Flat Type) for AUR (RA9) 7.2v / 1300 MAh"(not an Eneloop 2000)...... NB: see note re fitting alternate batteries."
"NB: If fitting a Lipo or alternate battery.
Increase or decrease the thickness of the rubber pad attached inside the battery cover. This to ensure a snug fit which
a. Holds the battery in place to prevent damage towires or connector.
b. Ensures battery cover does not slip off during use."

as per
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {frequently updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 03:18 AM
most exalted one
BC Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,347 Posts
I wrote this elsewhere but probably should go here...

If not careful and all this firmware updating occurs, someone should keep in mind how changes can affect existing setups.(Slider, elevator mix slowing, etc.) Everyone tread carefully with the update process.

WARNING from a techie! Some code change will introduce a change to an existing function, unintentionally(bug) and down will come models (potentially).

Maybe that's why firmware updates are few and far between on RC TX's.

Anyone that says this is not a possibility please stay away from the code!

Please make miniscule code changes at a time and use volunteer beta testers. Don't do a wholesale change all at once.!!!
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60