HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 16, 2009, 04:26 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Discussion
Tamjets 1:12 scale F-16 share information thread

Continuation of the Tamjets F-16 thread. Feel free to post questions.

Original thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=827501
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2009, 04:47 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
O.K.
That is a good start.
There is a lot information on the orginal thread. Like gear doors, retract install, retract valve set up for the doors etc.
Almost every question was ask and it was answer by modelers own one.
I'll answer any question when ever I can.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Old Dec 16, 2009, 04:55 PM
Dallas, TX
Joined May 2009
54 Posts
Did anyone ever fly one on 6s? I think I read 1 person say they needed plenty of runway...

Zach
DEATHTRON is offline Find More Posts by DEATHTRON
Old Dec 16, 2009, 04:59 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHTRON View Post
Did anyone ever fly one on 6s? I think I read 1 person say they needed plenty of runway...

Zach
Zach,
I did flew on 6s.
Here is the video link.
http://www.rcuvideos.com/video/Tamje...-F-16-6s-5000m
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Old Dec 16, 2009, 05:35 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,146 Posts
not bad for six cells ...super lite set up ...can that same motor do 8s?
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Dec 16, 2009, 06:11 PM
Joined Mar 2005
1,114 Posts
Mine flys very good on 6s I use a good XPS battery. I have gear doors and rudder on it. One person at Ocala told me it was better then his 8/9 with out doors. Just have to get the landings down better.

Tony
T-spin is offline Find More Posts by T-spin
Old Dec 16, 2009, 06:18 PM
Dallas, TX
Joined May 2009
54 Posts
AS...I read in the thread you would need the ole' cc 110 if you wanted to take the same motor to 8s.

Ive got the gear doors...and the rudder...I've just been swamped with my remodel, so there has been zero effort going in since I got in the great deal. Im thinking about ordering another one for some higher cell count....decisions decisions.

Zach
DEATHTRON is offline Find More Posts by DEATHTRON
Old Dec 16, 2009, 08:22 PM
Joined Mar 2008
1,129 Posts
What the ? why is the other thread closed? ....nevermind
sheppard559 is offline Find More Posts by sheppard559
Last edited by sheppard559; Dec 16, 2009 at 08:24 PM. Reason: dont matter
Old Dec 16, 2009, 08:43 PM
He builds stuff. :)
Canada, AB, Grande Prairie
Joined Sep 2007
1,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheppard559 View Post
What the ? why is the other thread closed? ....nevermind
Pretty lame having the other thread just closed for no reason because of some harmless banter. I guess someone was having a bad day.
Pepperpete is online now Find More Posts by Pepperpete
Last edited by Pepperpete; Dec 16, 2009 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Ranting won't help.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 08:46 PM
Joined Sep 2007
1,787 Posts
Back to the plane.

Can someone please confirm if I should CG the model with the gear up or down . I will be using the 4.25" measurement but I have to admit this is my first high powered EDF plane and I want to make sure everything is flawless. Especially if I can't get a replacement plane.

Thanks for the help!
Old Dec 16, 2009, 08:56 PM
Purple power
shadow hills,ca
Joined Apr 2000
6,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperpete View Post
Back to the plane.

Can someone please confirm if I should CG the model with the gear up or down . I will be using the 4.25" measurement but I have to admit this is my first high powered EDF plane and I want to make sure everything is flawless. Especially if I can't get a replacement plane.

Thanks for the help!
gear down..
gregg f is online now Find More Posts by gregg f
Old Dec 17, 2009, 12:44 AM
Suspended Account
Mokena,Illinois -United States
Joined Oct 2006
5,826 Posts
What kills me in some of these threads is when people bitch and say "please stick to the topic"!! As if we are in boot camp or grade school. I have even had people with big balls tell me in my own thread that I started, to "stick to the topic".
Its america last time I checked. Starting a thread and talking about that specific thing is good, and even if it is off topic always goes right back on topic eventually. Look,the point is there is an unlimited amount of space here in cyberspace to have over 1,000,000 pages on the tams jet or any other jet for that matter. Post what you want. Talk about what you want. If ya want to crack jokes, thats cool do it! If ya want to talk about the weather then do it. It will always go back to the matter at hand. I for one enjoy making friends and Bs'ing in general about everything in life. Why are some so crazed with strict rules and such is beyond me and many others.
People need to lighten up. There are some around here that I hate with a capital "H". Yet even in my threads they are welcomed to say and do what they want as long as it doesnt insult me personally. Freedom of speech is what the USA is built on. I know it doesnt apply too well here, but I still practice it here to the fullest. When you come off the way some do around here it makes you look bad and snobish. Its always better to make friends than enemies. As a true friend of mine I always will help out and go above and beyond for them. There are a lot more issues in this world and especially the USA that are worth getting upset about, but this is not one of them.
I treat these threads as if I was at the field. Talking smack in a friendly way, making friends and having fun! People need to enjoy life and stop making life a chore. Starting by easing off in these threads. Nothing worse than a person who is so uptight and stiff that others are scared to even approach them. "Usually that guy" at the club who sits all by himself with a sour look on his puss like he or she is pissed at the world for not being "like them".
By me saying what was on my mind here is not targeted towards anybody mentioned in this thread or the other threads starter. Its just a general observation made. I always was the class clown and made light out of dark subjects. Its good to be liked and not hated, don't you think the same way? Nothing worse when someone cant take a joke or have fun. Life doesnt always need to be dead serious all the time...ya know?
Brg, Joe
lavochkin is offline Find More Posts by lavochkin
Old Dec 17, 2009, 11:57 AM
Joined Sep 2007
1,787 Posts
Back to Topic...

I've seen a few people run 12S on the Neu 3D motor. Is that safe to do so? I picked the TJ100 with 3D setup planning on running 12S as Tam's website indicated it could be run via that. But after reading a few posts it's not recommended? I have 4 of the XPS 6S 4000MAH packs which is why I'm hoping it would be alright.

Can someone shed some light on this? I don't want to have my plane fall out of the sky due to a deadstick (deadmotor) but I am also looking for the absolute best speed this jet can do. I did notice Tam mention his fastest speed pass was using the 3D setup but on 11S. Anyone go any faster on 12S?
Last edited by Pepperpete; Dec 17, 2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 01:49 PM
Joined Mar 2008
1,129 Posts
I have been running 12s for about 4 months now ( not recomended by Neu ,the site says 8-10s)The only problem i had was one of the 3 wires on the inside broke lose because of vibration.They told me i didnt have the wires secured enough. I thought the motor burned up because i had been abusing this motor with 11s over a year! Long story short, they fixed it for 60 dollars replacing the wire with softer.
sheppard559 is offline Find More Posts by sheppard559
Old Dec 17, 2009, 01:50 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperpete View Post
Back to Topic...

I've seen a few people run 12S on the Neu 3D motor. Is that safe to do so? I picked the TJ100 with 3D setup planning on running 12S as Tam's website indicated it could be run via that. But after reading a few posts it's not recommended? I have 4 of the XPS 6S 4000MAH packs which is why I'm hoping it would be alright.

Can someone shed some light on this? I don't want to have my plane fall out of the sky due to a deadstick (deadmotor) but I am also looking for the absolute best speed this jet can do. I did notice Tam mention his fastest speed pass was using the 3D setup but on 11S. Anyone go any faster on 12S?
that thing'll be COOOKING on 12s! get video!
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete