HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by deckert, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 09:08 PM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,576 Posts
Discussion
Murphy's Law struck again!

Jeez, you'd think enough is enough but.. The Webmaster for our club wanted pics of the Chipmunk I completed for our club raffle. No problem, just bolt the wings on and snap some pics', but Nooo! it wasn't going to be that simple. Installing the 2nd wing bolt twisted the blind nut out of the framing. Great! A 30 mile round trip to buy a real set set of wing bolts. I replaced the 4mm steel bolts with some standard 1/4 x 20 nylons. Better deal anyway but it's just another darn pain in the rear for this bird in the build and another day the darn thing is in the house. Sure glad I never kept a running total $ of the misc. items, or I'd probably be real irritated. Nonetheless, the bird is now out of here & hanging in the LHS as of today! I may have to re-think about buying any tickets for this stinker given the little things that bit me in the rear-end for this build. Irrespective of the pains and $ incurred, it turned out great. The pics' kinda stink because I was gettin short on temperament and patience. None-the-less, it's going to be a beauty in someones stable. Now if I could figure out a way to provide raffle tickets here at RCG..with shipping $ on the winner...

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:33 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
She looks great Dan! Sounds like its been a pain in your rear from the time you started. Done for a good cause though. So, be proud man.

Whats the wingspan on the beast? Let me know how to get some tickets and Im in!

Laine.
lmopar69 is online now Find More Posts by lmopar69
Old Dec 16, 2009, 08:16 AM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,576 Posts
Laine, the WS is 64" & fuselage is 53". Manual retracts run by a JR88 and Futabe 3004's thruout. Dry weight is 7lbs. 0.6oz. (no rcvr, fuel or battery) Magnum 65 swinging a 13 x 6. I appreciate the comments. If I could figure out an easy way to do the tickets here, I'd be all over it. I'll be glad to work something out for you though. The only downside is the date for the raffle which hasn't been set by the club. It'll probably be April 10~11 OR June 4~5~6 OR Oct. 1~2~3. Those are our current scheduled events as of the last meeting. I'm hoping for the June dates myself.

I'm sorry I missed out on sending something for your giveaway program, by the time I seen it, it was to late to get anything to you. I'd of had Lee Ulinger send you one of his Foamies. Those things are an absolute hoot to fly. Mine (SF-1 model) runs on a Hacker 20-20 with TP 1320 ~ 1500 packs.

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert