HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 09, 2011, 12:33 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023 View Post
I get no software load at all, When I click on that .exe file I get that error message and thats it. I can't read it, and as you can't copy and past error messages I can't even whack it in a translator. It installed a driver when it first loaded, but now all I get is that message.

CJ
As I said earlier. No copy paste function. Is anyone from MFD there to answer what the message mean.

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2011, 02:13 AM
New in all but 20Y hobbyist
Gratens, little place around Toulouse...
Joined Dec 2007
399 Posts
Quote:
I get no software load at all, When I click on that .exe file I get that error message and thats it. I can't read it, and as you can't copy and past error messages I can't even whack it in a translator. It installed a driver when it first loaded, but now all I get is that message.

CJ
I just think this is due to compatibility problems of the drivers for the AVR. This won't be working on 64 bits platforms. What does charles says about this issue ?
Also check out the control panel and see in the log if the drivers are correctly installed. Ther shoud be having some message around here.
lothar2048 is offline Find More Posts by lothar2048
Old Aug 09, 2011, 02:17 AM
Joined Dec 2007
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonderk View Post
minus the expansion board and converter its pretty much the same. I had figured it was something with my rx which is why I ordered another one.
It's quite strange. You should also be checking your RX cable. Maybe at first sight this was the only problem you had. Take a continuity tester and test all your cables. you will then find out what is wrong or not...
Old Aug 09, 2011, 05:47 AM
Joined Jun 2007
3,735 Posts
I'm just not having any luck with this system. Which is a terrible shame as when it works it was outstanding. Is there any chance I could send my system (tracker, OSD, VRx, VTx, GPS, extension board) to MFD HQ for testing? Not sure about any warranty but I'll happily pay shipping both ways and for any component changes needed (I also need a new set of power cables for between the tracker and VRx as they shorted). I just dint have the time to experiment with it. And I do believe there is an internal fault with the tracker unit itself. Thanks

CJ
Old Aug 09, 2011, 08:59 AM
Joined Apr 2009
578 Posts
Quote:

CJ
The update software needs Microsoft .NET framework V2.0
Do you have it installed?
myflydream is offline Find More Posts by myflydream
Old Aug 09, 2011, 09:08 AM
Joined Apr 2009
578 Posts
Quote:
I'm just not having any luck with this system. Which is a terrible shame as when it works it was outstanding. Is there any chance I could send my system (tracker, OSD, VRx, VTx, GPS, extension board) to MFD HQ for testing? Not sure about any warranty but I'll happily pay shipping both ways and for any component changes needed (I also need a new set of power cables for between the tracker and VRx as they shorted). I just dint have the time to experiment with it. And I do believe there is an internal fault with the tracker unit itself. Thanks

CJ
I will repair it once I get it. Please contact me: M1911@139.com
Old Aug 09, 2011, 11:00 AM
MyFlyDream
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2010
414 Posts
Hi Charles, any new things coming up lately? expanding the OSD software?

1. Like ascent and decent meters/sec?
2. Presetable flying range in meters with visible alarm on display
3. Presetable Altitude in meters alarm

some software features for a start
erazotropa is offline Find More Posts by erazotropa
Last edited by erazotropa; Aug 09, 2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old Aug 09, 2011, 05:25 PM
Joined Jun 2007
3,735 Posts
email sent Charles.

CJ
Old Aug 09, 2011, 05:28 PM
Joined Jun 2007
3,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erazotropa View Post
Hi Charles, any new things coming up lately? expanding the OSD software?

1. Like ascent and decent meters/sec?
2. Presetable flying range in meters with visible alarm on display
3. Presetable Altitude in meters alarm

some software features for a start
point one would be great (a veriometer). Especially when panning round to make sure my angle of attack is good or if ive hit a thermal.

Consumed mAh would also be fantastic (obviously with the extension board attached) so we have some gauge of remaining capacity, pack voltage works but the more info you have on the crucial stuff the better.

CJ
Old Aug 10, 2011, 03:55 AM
MyFlyDream
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2010
414 Posts
Quote:
point one would be great (a veriometer). Especially when panning round to make sure my angle of attack is good or if ive hit a thermal.

Consumed mAh would also be fantastic (obviously with the extension board attached) so we have some gauge of remaining capacity, pack voltage works but the more info you have on the crucial stuff the better.

CJ
Also a nice and usefull feature is, to make a visual lipo alarm.
Presetable lipo cells in parameter menu.. when the cells of the system hits the critical voltage a visual alarm in display will apear.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 04:51 AM
Joined Jun 2007
3,735 Posts
Good idea. Any thoughts lothar? Charles?

CJ
Old Aug 10, 2011, 04:35 PM
Joined Dec 2007
399 Posts
Hi to all. As the extension board has it's own MCU, i plan to ask to charles a little interface that would be able to read the Frsky Hub Data to print them on the OSD.

The FRSKY Hub is having a set of sensors that could be integrated, including the GPS a a 4 states fuel gauge.

But charles has a lot of work and this is not so easy to make such things.

As far as i know charles, he always do what he is saying. But there are only 24 hours in a day, and i can easily imagine he is not sleeping that much...

Charles is now trying to improve the extension board performances, and this is a bunch of work. One idea and job at the time he will surely appreciate ;-) So why, i'm just waiting a little bit for asking him such query.

Let me know if i'm wrong, but it will answer to all needs ? Does it ?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 05:30 PM
MyFlyDream
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2010
414 Posts
Well had my first FPV flight tonight with the MFD tracker..
All went very well! .

For the guys that have the problem the tracker points right to the plane, here is a simple workaround that worked for me perfectly:

1. Measure the deviation in degrees between tracker pointing direction and actual position of plane.
For example my plane is 40 degrees to the LEFT of where the tracker antennna is pointing to.
2. Put the tracker in offline mode (press offline button, the led must be solid red)
3. Manualy turn the tracker 40 degrees to the LEFT of real north position. (360-40=320 degrees).
320 degrees will be your new virtual North position, you are faking the tracker.
4. Press NORT Button, a confirmation beep(s) will sound for setting the new north position.
5. Press the offline button again, (led should blink or go off)
6. Set home position again..

You now will see that the tracker now is tracking properly

Good luck!!!
Old Aug 13, 2011, 01:18 AM
Joined Jun 2007
3,735 Posts
Great news then . Glad your flight went well. Loving the helical antenna btw. Very cool. That's what I will have set up on mine once I get it back.

CJ
Old Aug 14, 2011, 10:59 AM
Joined Apr 2009
578 Posts
Hi guys, I will consider your suggestions carefully. The only problem is we don't have much RAM, so I don't know if I have enough resources to implement all the suggestions.

If someone needs the source code for the ExtBoard, I can make it as an open source project.