HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2010, 07:56 PM
Prince George BC, Canada
Joined Mar 2009
53 Posts
Thanks Guys, I tink this will be fun. I was just doing a web search and I can get a header and pipe for my os10. It will cost about 75% of a new .15. Just thinking of options. What do you guys think?

Going wood shopping tomorrow, I think I will go to the local print shop to see if they can print the plan on one sheet.

Rick
mayhew is offline Find More Posts by mayhew
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2010, 09:55 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,282 Posts
I'd rather buy a new magnum 15 XLS, its a real good engine with plenty of muscles.

look for the link in this thread for full size plans.
alcarafa is offline Find More Posts by alcarafa
Old Jan 06, 2010, 04:21 AM
Will fly for food
Maryland
Joined Sep 2004
8,424 Posts
Especially since the XLS 15 is/was on sale for $39.99.

Just ordered 2 more for RC Combat.
Pinecone is offline Find More Posts by Pinecone
Old Jan 09, 2010, 09:45 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,282 Posts
Dwalk how's the Kaos coming out, any pictures of your building?
Old Jan 11, 2010, 01:11 AM
Levin, New Zealand
Joined Dec 2008
159 Posts
My Progress..............

I've got parts cut out, but haven't got the spars sorted yet. I've got a new 450mah 2s battery and 3 amp 5v lipo regulator on order from hobbyCity (38g total weight!) which should be here in the next 2-3 weeks, and i want this built by then, so watch this space!

David
dwalk is offline Find More Posts by dwalk
Old Jan 28, 2010, 12:09 PM
Lawton/Fort Sill, OK
Joined Sep 2002
1,952 Posts
Need a step by step on how to build this cause I am lost on where and how to start.
Coop is offline Find More Posts by Coop
Old Jan 28, 2010, 01:09 PM
Joined Oct 2008
816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
Need a step by step on how to build this cause I am lost on where and how to start.
I just don't know if what you are asking for exhists for this particular model but in my opinion the first step or two involves studying the plan over and over looking for the weak spots where you might not understand how things might go together and second would be to compile a list of wooden parts you will need and also a hardware list to help complete the model.

What part of the airplane is your favorite to build and which is the least? Choose from 1. wing 2. fuselage 3. Empannage
LT
lightthings is offline Find More Posts by lightthings
Old Jan 28, 2010, 05:51 PM
Lawton/Fort Sill, OK
Joined Sep 2002
1,952 Posts
The main problem is there is no wood or parts list. I cant start if I do not know what wood I need.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 06:35 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,282 Posts
A rule can help a lot !!!
Old Jan 28, 2010, 06:38 PM
Lawton/Fort Sill, OK
Joined Sep 2002
1,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcarafa View Post
a rule can help a lot !!!
??????huh?????
Old Jan 28, 2010, 06:46 PM
Joined Oct 2008
816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
??????huh?????
Hmmm. Check here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruler and also re read my previous post. I clearly pointed out that one of the first things you would need to do is to "compile" a list of wood parts that you would need. Perhaps I should have said 'make a list of wood parts you will need'. I really did not mean to confuse you.
LT
Old Jan 28, 2010, 07:10 PM
Lawton/Fort Sill, OK
Joined Sep 2002
1,952 Posts
Oh what I meant was what wood do you need size wise. I am not much of a scratch builder so a wood list or knowing what kind of wood I need is important I think. I just do not know how someone could know what sizes of wood they would ned by just looking at the plans when there isnt any wood specs on those either.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 08:02 PM
Huntsville, AL
Joined Nov 2009
134 Posts
its called a ruler and a little bit of time. If you aren't capable of figuring that out maybe you shouldn't be attempting this build. Maybe you should start with a kit that's available from a popular manufacturer such as a Telemaster from Hobby Lobby, or a Kadet from Sig and then get the basic idea of building and the materials involved. To give you a basic idea, spars are usually made from spruce or basswood, formers are made of lite ply or balsa, and everything else (ribs, sheeting, longerons, turbulators, etc) is made from balsa.
crash821 is offline Find More Posts by crash821
Old Jan 28, 2010, 08:16 PM
Joined Oct 2008
816 Posts
I have a feeling that many of the questions you have not even asked yet have been answered in the Buiders Forum here on RCG.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/searc...cratch%20build
LT
Old Jan 29, 2010, 01:12 AM
Levin, New Zealand
Joined Dec 2008
159 Posts
What wood to use where, an explanation

Wood wise, mine will be made out of 3/32 balsa for fuselase sides,wing ribs, wing sheeting and wing cap strips. Spars could be either HARD balsa or spruce. Fuselage formers are 3/32 or 1/8 lite ply, apart from the very front one, which is 1/4 ply. Tailplane as per plan,

Build this light, and it will fly best.

dwalk

An update on my build!.

All the parts from hobby city have arrived, just finishing an UltraFly elec ultimate first. Putting all the stickers on is a real drag, i wanted it finished by sunday, but i don't think i'll make this sunday. darn.
dwalk is offline Find More Posts by dwalk