HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 25, 2009, 05:03 PM
Czech republic
Joined Nov 2006
104 Posts
Hi Brad,

Vtail servos are join with servoholder with a screw and this holder is glued into fuselage. All is in my construction manual.
If you would remove any servo you need take servoholder with pincers out.

Petr
SkorpionCZ is offline Find More Posts by SkorpionCZ
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2010, 01:21 AM
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2007
2,187 Posts
In french we have an expression similar to "he thinks his %$#& dont' stink "; it translates roughly to farting higher than his nose. Which is EXACTLY what my backfire will do.

This was a bit tricker than I thought it would be, the plane has perforations in the wing as to where the carbone exhaust tube should go, but oval perforations would not fit the tube at their relative distance from the leading edge. I ended up cutting away a bit more than I would have liked. I recommend folks drill a whole directly through the wing with one bit, using the upper skin perforation as a guide. Trimming the tube is easiest when it is already in the wing.

Also shots of the wiring harness and the wing wire joiners. See samotage's AWESOME you can't be cerious thread on the wing joiners. A little tip: put vasoline or any other type of lubricant on the skins to make sure none of the epoxy splooge gets on the skin. I ended p using deans 4 pins and used peet's coffee card for each wing.
la528it is offline Find More Posts by la528it
Old Jan 03, 2010, 01:30 AM
Joined Dec 2007
2,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkorpionCZ View Post
Hi Brad,

Vtail servos are join with servoholder with a screw and this holder is glued into fuselage. All is in my construction manual.
If you would remove any servo you need take servoholder with pincers out.

Petr
I used a glass plate to cut a servo tray, then slid it into bevelled ply buttresses to epoxy to the side walls.

I may have to bury an rx pack behind the servos, though I hope not... if that is the cast then I may make it removable... there is a lot up on the air as long as balancing is unfinished...
Old Jan 03, 2010, 01:43 AM
Why you swing so hard?
Lake Tahoe
Joined Jun 2006
1,279 Posts
Richard, Thursday...

Juan
jsnaphook is offline Find More Posts by jsnaphook
Old Jan 06, 2010, 03:00 AM
Malaysia
Joined Jul 2008
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by la528it View Post
In french we have an expression similar to "he thinks his %$#& dont' stink "; it translates roughly to farting higher than his nose. Which is EXACTLY what my backfire will do.

This was a bit tricker than I thought it would be, the plane has perforations in the wing as to where the carbone exhaust tube should go, but oval perforations would not fit the tube at their relative distance from the leading edge. I ended up cutting away a bit more than I would have liked. I recommend folks drill a whole directly through the wing with one bit, using the upper skin perforation as a guide. Trimming the tube is easiest when it is already in the wing.

Also shots of the wiring harness and the wing wire joiners. See samotage's AWESOME you can't be cerious thread on the wing joiners. A little tip: put vasoline or any other type of lubricant on the skins to make sure none of the epoxy splooge gets on the skin. I ended p using deans 4 pins and used peet's coffee card for each wing.
La528it ...

since the there is already a cooling hole on the wing .... did you also cut the cooling hole on the nose?

-sam
acurusaragon is offline Find More Posts by acurusaragon
Old Jan 06, 2010, 09:30 AM
Joined Jan 2008
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acurusaragon View Post
Just wanna share my "Blackfire" picture
congrats on your new bird dude....I'm still looking for my dream bird...I want Joe's black fuse avioniks
babasmurf_35 is offline Find More Posts by babasmurf_35
Old Jan 06, 2010, 10:43 AM
Needs to do 52 legs !!
Verenigd Koninkrijk, Fareham
Joined Aug 2008
7,171 Posts
baba,

as per the song by The Rolling Stones

PAINT IT BLACK!!!!

jjmouris is online now Find More Posts by jjmouris
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My F5B saw tooth props
Old Jan 06, 2010, 08:44 PM
Joined Jan 2008
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmouris View Post
baba,

as per the song by The Rolling Stones

PAINT IT BLACK!!!!

nothing beats the real one Joe....i envy you...perhaps one day when my skill is there, i will look for one..
Old Jan 07, 2010, 04:59 AM
Needs to do 52 legs !!
Verenigd Koninkrijk, Fareham
Joined Aug 2008
7,171 Posts
Well, if it makes you feel better. My black fuselage is not so pritty any more after 2 x ESC fire.

If you live in a hot place the black fuselage is perhaps not a good idea anyway as the sun will cook the insides.

I wonder if there will ever be a Blackfire F5B with T-tail.
jjmouris is online now Find More Posts by jjmouris
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My F5B saw tooth props
Old Jan 07, 2010, 08:22 AM
Joined Jan 2008
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmouris View Post
Well, if it makes you feel better. My black fuselage is not so pritty any more after 2 x ESC fire.

If you live in a hot place the black fuselage is perhaps not a good idea anyway as the sun will cook the insides.

I wonder if there will ever be a Blackfire F5B with T-tail.
You just asked rthe question I wanted to ask....amazing

I was asking the same question myself....backfire on a t tail...perhaps on a 2m plane instead of a 2.5m
Old Jan 07, 2010, 07:29 PM
Vancouver, BC
Joined Jan 2004
106 Posts
Flew my BAckfire again today,

Plettenberg 220 25 A1 P6 7:1 16 x 17 RFM Shulzi 129A On 10 GP3300 Round cells. Yes good old NiMh. Don't worry my Hiperion 4500 3s pack is crossing the pond as we speak.

Plane weights 2140g presently and will be about 1860g with lipo and could be 1830g or so with shifting my RX pack and rebalancing.

I will try a 17 X 18 and the New Lipos soon.

Vidio was shot of the flying so maybe some time soon I'll get you all to pop the popcorn and have a look.
This plane rocks. Thanks Peter

Cheers,

Wetcoast
Wetcoast is offline Find More Posts by Wetcoast
Old Jan 07, 2010, 07:44 PM
Malaysia
Joined Jul 2008
260 Posts
Awesome !!
Old Jan 07, 2010, 09:35 PM
Joined Dec 2007
2,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoast View Post

Plettenberg 220 25 A1 P6 7:1 16 x 17 RFM Shulzi 129A On 10 GP3300 Round cells. Yes good old NiMh. Don't worry my Hiperion 4500 3s pack is crossing the pond as we speak.

Plane weights 2140g presently and will be about 1860g with lipo and could be 1830g or so with shifting my RX pack and rebalancing.

I will try a 17 X 18 and the New Lipos soon.

Vidio was shot of the flying so maybe some time soon I'll get you all to pop the popcorn and have a look.
This plane rocks. Thanks Peter

Cheers,

Wetcoast
Congrats looks great! Did you find the throws in the manual sufficient? What about the cg?

Thanks!
Old Jan 08, 2010, 01:25 AM
Malaysia
Joined Jul 2008
260 Posts
Can somebody pointed out what is the mah of the power pack (for rx lipo) used and the battery size of it ...that will fit the fuse nicely ... how about the placement of it .... up the nose or under the elevator servo if its fit? ..

-sam