HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2009, 07:36 PM
For us He died, in me He lives
United States, MI, Saint Clair Shores
Joined Dec 2008
5,121 Posts
Question
HK SS esc's, programmable vs non-programmable.

Hey folks, just a quick question for anyone that has experience with HK's HKSS series escs. I see that 25-30 amp & 18-20 amp esc's are available as card programmable and non programmable. (plug & play)

Yes, I know that these esc's are extremely cheap, but I am flying on a budget and have been using their 8-10 amp on my own micro design & it works like a champ so I am tryiong these 2 esc's as well.

Does anyone have experience with both versions? Do the non programmable escs work ok switching back & forth from 2s to 3s?
Or is it worth the extra buck to get card programmable and get the Turnigy card for 7 bones?

Any advice or opinions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for looking.
Jimmy
Jimmy JFlyer is offline Find More Posts by Jimmy JFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2009, 08:17 PM
United States, NV, North Las Vegas
Joined Sep 2009
1,075 Posts
I have two of these on a twin...
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...d_programmable)

These WILL NOT WORK with 2s... the LVC circuit kicks in and you can't program it out... 3s no problem. as for programing i stick programed mine... it's not that hard... even though they have served me well using 3s i will NEVER buy SS ESC's again. look at the HC forums for more info on the SS series of ESC's.
shultz is offline Find More Posts by shultz
Old Dec 14, 2009, 09:20 PM
For us He died, in me He lives
United States, MI, Saint Clair Shores
Joined Dec 2008
5,121 Posts
Thx for the reply Shultz. I am sorry to hear that for sure. I have the 25-30 amp in your link and fortunately it is going on a scratch built foamy that is never going to fly on anything smaller than 3s.
I do however have the 18-20 amp esc and was planning on running that one on 2s though. Don't mind saying I'm a bit worried. It is the non programmable version.
I will look through the HK forums as you suggested.
Thx again for the good word.
Jimmy
Jimmy JFlyer is offline Find More Posts by Jimmy JFlyer