SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 14, 2011, 10:04 AM
0.9g retracts
3" from insanity, 2' from the computer ,Richford, Tioga county, Southern Tier, New York, U.S., North American Continent, Northern hemisphere, Earth, The Sol System, Milkyway Galaxy, The Universe, The Current Dimension, Your Selected Realm of Reality.
Joined Dec 2006
1,946 Posts
Sorry guys I've been busy with other projects (micro gliders, and now a 1987 BMW 325 coupe, more pics of that to follow ). But I did get all the sail templates done yesterday.
Yellow Baron is offline Find More Posts by Yellow Baron
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:42 PM
Square-rigger
Klatovy, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2004
3,357 Posts
Very very nice fred that is going to be awesome on the water !!
I`d try with teh tyvek sails my friend, they are much easier to make and look great, sailing performance is also much improved by the stiffness of the leach.

To make them would take you just a little bit longer than your templates
meatbomber is offline Find More Posts by meatbomber
Old Jan 15, 2011, 02:17 PM
Damp and Dizzy member
Bozeman, Montana, United States
Joined Aug 2003
3,413 Posts
Very fine, YB! You'll feel like the King of the Pond when you sail her, and rightly so.
Brooks is offline Find More Posts by Brooks
Old Jul 12, 2011, 03:03 AM
Square-rigger
Klatovy, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2004
3,357 Posts
YB !!! Wooohoooo you need to still finish your shiiiihiiip :P

it`s sailing time, no more ice on the water, girls in bikinis (or less) by the shore, holidays, clipper ship what else could a man hope for ?
you`re nearly done, just one last effort needed mate!
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:27 AM
0.9g retracts
3" from insanity, 2' from the computer ,Richford, Tioga county, Southern Tier, New York, U.S., North American Continent, Northern hemisphere, Earth, The Sol System, Milkyway Galaxy, The Universe, The Current Dimension, Your Selected Realm of Reality.
Joined Dec 2006
1,946 Posts
I know MB, I know . I still need to set up the running rigging, and make that deep keel. ten try not to sink her In my own defense I'm planning a few other ships too, one full size (about 20').
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:56 AM
0.9g retracts
Joined Dec 2006
1,946 Posts
I've decided to go back and re-rigg the Valhalla. I think by using elastic cord for some of the stays I can get the lines in scale locations, but they will simply bend/stretch out of the way of the yards and then spring back, the lines that do not interfere in a scale location will be the actual load bearing ones, and be the line I've been using all along.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 06:01 AM
Square-rigger
Klatovy, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2004
3,357 Posts
wasn`t there somewhere a pic where she had already masts and rigging up and sails templates too ?

doh looks my internet was just slow loading the thread when i was already typing...

but then whatever happened to teh clipper fred ?
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:07 AM
Damp and Dizzy member
Bozeman, Montana, United States
Joined Aug 2003
3,413 Posts
Mineature tea chests are waiting on the pier. Thirsty Britons and Yanks are panting for their breakfast & afternoon iced drinks! Will no one in this Realm of Reality save us? Pleeese?
Brooks is offline Find More Posts by Brooks
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:09 PM
0.9g retracts
Joined Dec 2006
1,946 Posts
The clipper is sitting patiently on my shelf waiting for a re-mast and rigging. I have a 18" bipe, 18" Cub to finish, and a rocket propelled micro plane (probably a 10" span or so) to get built.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 03:17 PM
Square-rigger
Klatovy, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2004
3,357 Posts
Reason we are poking is that this forum is in dire need of some sailing reports.. And you seem sooooo close
Last edited by meatbomber; Aug 17, 2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 03:25 PM
0.9g retracts
Joined Dec 2006
1,946 Posts
Keel, 2 servos, re-rig and mast due to my own OCD, and make the rudder and yes, I should be good to go. Problem is I have been gearing up for a few new products for my business catering to the micro flyers, so I have been spending a lot of my time over on that part of the forums; and the little planes are addicting.