HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 09, 2010, 05:22 PM
0.9g retracts
3" from insanity, 2' from the computer ,Richford, Tioga county, Southern Tier, New York, U.S., North American Continent, Northern hemisphere, Earth, The Sol System, Milkyway Galaxy, The Universe, The Current Dimension, Your Selected Realm of Reality.
Joined Dec 2006
1,946 Posts
I ran out of super glue, and I'm not going into town untill Thursday, so It'll be slow going untill then with 1 hour epoxy.
Yellow Baron is offline Find More Posts by Yellow Baron
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2010, 02:53 AM
Square-rigger
Klatovy, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2004
3,348 Posts
Yb don't keep us in suspense show us a bit. Im sure she is gonna look grand with her masts standing.g
meatbomber is offline Find More Posts by meatbomber
Old Nov 12, 2010, 08:18 AM
0.9g retracts
3" from insanity, 2' from the computer ,Richford, Tioga county, Southern Tier, New York, U.S., North American Continent, Northern hemisphere, Earth, The Sol System, Milkyway Galaxy, The Universe, The Current Dimension, Your Selected Realm of Reality.
Joined Dec 2006
1,946 Posts
I'll throw some pics up once I get her bowsprit fixed this afternoon. I'm also in need of some of the little eye-screws, the crafts store was out Thursday, I'll see if they have any today.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 08:38 AM
0.9g retracts
Joined Dec 2006
1,946 Posts
I got all the standing rigging, stays, shrouds, and lifts done, need to rig up the spanker gaff and then I'll throw some pics up before moving on to running rigging.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:28 AM
Square-rigger
Klatovy, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2004
3,348 Posts
well YB you always leave out the "throw up some pics" part
Old Nov 16, 2010, 06:29 AM
0.9g retracts
Joined Dec 2006
1,946 Posts
Ok, I just finished the rigging on the spanker gaff, pics will be later this afternoon.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 06:59 AM
0.9g retracts
Joined Dec 2006
1,946 Posts
Pictures!

Pictures taken from late last night...
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:07 AM
Damp and Dizzy member
Bozeman, Montana, United States
Joined Aug 2003
3,409 Posts
Very beautiful, YB!
Brooks is offline Find More Posts by Brooks
Old Nov 17, 2010, 02:36 PM
Square-rigger
Klatovy, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2004
3,348 Posts
Very very nice YB ! She will be absolutely stunning on the water with all sails set !!!

Doyou know yet how you are going to bend on the sails ? I found teh wire jackstay a great method beacause it`s very easily removed and installed and near invisible depending on teh size of wire used
Old Nov 27, 2010, 06:58 AM
Square-rigger
Klatovy, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2004
3,348 Posts
And Yb are you already bending on sails? I think you might need to hurry or you will find your port ice bound when you want to maiden
Old Nov 27, 2010, 07:20 PM
Kraut
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,583 Posts
Outstanding Yb, great work, learned a lot.
Thanks
Schrott is online now Find More Posts by Schrott
Old Dec 01, 2010, 09:32 AM
0.9g retracts
Joined Dec 2006
1,946 Posts
MB,
I've started work on the sail templates, but it's gotten so cold I'll have to wait untill next year to sail her. That, spending time with my girlfriend (hence nothing was done on the clipper over Thanksgiving week), just bought a car (1987 BMW 325 coupe), classes, and all my other hobbies (micro gliders and planes, bass guitar, and other things I may be forgetting) have taken up some time as well, not that I'm complaining. Perhaps today I'll work on the square sail templates as I'm off from classes for the day.
Old Dec 02, 2010, 08:59 PM
Damp and Dizzy member
Bozeman, Montana, United States
Joined Aug 2003
3,409 Posts
I just cut my templates out of newspaper. Cheap, and if I screw up one, I just cut another, no big deal.
Brooks is offline Find More Posts by Brooks
Old Dec 03, 2010, 07:42 AM
0.9g retracts
Joined Dec 2006
1,946 Posts
personally I use card stock for my templates as I find it easier to trace on to the fabric with out having to be super diligent.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 03:19 AM
Square-rigger
Klatovy, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2004
3,348 Posts
YB it`s time you hang some sails on that baby here is a major thaw and i hope the ice clears soon, so it`s back on the water.